Date: 19-03-24  Time: 04:38 am

Author Topic: Photobucket Fix  (Read 10118 times)

Hugh Mungus

• Club Racer
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • View Profile
Photobucket Fix
« on: 09 November 2017, 09:15:21 pm »
If you see any "PLEASE UPDATE YOUR ACCOUNT TO ENABLE 3RD PARTY HOSTING" from photobucket, try this:[/size]copied from another forum seems to worki all, just read this on another forum and wanted to share it here as pictures are so important to sharing info about our hobby. I just copied the post so here it is and it seems to work with firefox for me.Fix for seeing Photobucket picsPostby yavapaigunworks ยป Tue Oct 10, 2017 11:13 pmIf you're using Google Chrome, go to the three dots on the right side of the screen and click them. A drop down should appear. Hover your mouse over "More Tools," and when the next drop down appears, click on extensions. Go to the link towards the bottom that says "Get more extensions." In the search box, type "Photobucket Fix," and hit enter. Click the install button and once it's done, you should be able to see photobucket pictures again.For FireFox users, click on the three bars on the right side of the screen, then click on add ons. Click search for "photobucket hotlink" and click install. Same result.

crickleymal

• Club Racer
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 98-99
    • View Profile
Re: Photobucket Fix
« Reply #1 on: 10 November 2017, 12:17:57 pm »
I searched as you suggested and cannot see a Photobucket hotlink addon for Firefox.
Malc

Old enough to know better.

ram

• DAS Born Again
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - triumph tiger
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 10 November 2017, 12:46:29 pm »

Hugh Mungus

• Club Racer
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 10 November 2017, 06:29:59 pm »
I use Chrome and it works on mine (until photobucket work out how to block the fix).

I don't know anything about Firefox - I merely did a copy & paste from another forum but it looks like you got it sorted.

HarryHornby

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 00-01
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 05 January 2018, 06:43:06 am »
YAY, I've got my picture back, thanks for posting.
Money doesn't buy happiness, but it buys beer, and that helps!

Steve3351

• Weekend Warrior
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 00-01
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 12 June 2019, 06:42:58 pm »
Lads...forget photobucket or wotever...
just make your pics the right size / format and post them "Inline"..
pic files are big and many websites/hosting services strip out files over a certain size...
yer modern mobile phone produces a pic of around 3mb...or about 3000 pixels wide, much bigger than u need for screen use...
computer screens work at a resolution of around 100pixels per inch...so a pic of 1000pixels wide will appear to be 10 inches wide on screen. Downsize ur pic to say 800pixels wide and it should be fine to upload...also screens are RGB, other colour modes may not work, so the pic should be RGB also..but this is the default for most cameras/fones anyway...
There are many pic formats that will work onscreen, so use .jpg format, its the most commonly used and again is the default on most DEVICES....
I use Photoshop for work, so I use that for sizing pics...if u don't have Photoshop I'm sure there are other free apps that will do...maybe there is software that comes with WINDOWS...I don't know cos I'm Mac...some Foccer will tell me tho... :D
« Last Edit: 14 June 2019, 04:01:29 pm by Steve3351 »