Date: 28-03-24  Time: 14:21 pm

Author Topic: Yamaha 's R&D- concept bike  (Read 1878 times)

celticdog

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 98-99
    • View Profile
Yamaha 's R&D- concept bike
« on: 26 October 2017, 07:27:30 am »
Treat everything in life the way a dog would- if you can't eat it or foc it, forget it.

Dudeofrude

• GP Hero
  • Rude, Crude and Tattooed
    • Main bike:
      FZ1 Naked Gen2
    • View Profile
Re: Yamaha 's R&D- concept bike
« Reply #1 on: 26 October 2017, 08:16:49 am »
Very clever and all but not something I'd ever want. And definitely wouldn't wanna be pinned into the seat like that, in the event of an accident yiur gonna be stuck in the bike 🤤🤤

F4celess

• Club Racer
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 98-99
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 26 October 2017, 09:27:23 am »
So Yamaha appear to have spent m/billions on R&D, building a "bike" that integrates the same technology as a Segway, to stay upright on 2 wheels at walking speed? So its going to be electric, that means a technology that could accelerate quicker than a motorcycle with an IC engine! "Super-Superbike" quick. :)

« Last Edit: 26 October 2017, 11:15:31 am by F4celess »

BBROWN1664

• Administrator
  • GP Hero
  • Should get out more!
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 00-01
    • - Tracer 900
    • View Profile
    • My website
« Reply #3 on: 26 October 2017, 10:31:05 am »
Very clever and all but not something I'd ever want. And definitely wouldn't wanna be pinned into the seat like that, in the event of an accident yiur gonna be stuck in the bike 🤤🤤

you need to be built like a racing snake for it to fit so for many of us, it wont work anyway :pokefun
Another ex-Fazer rider that is a foccer again

Grahamm

• Global Moderator
  • GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZ6 04-06
    • View Profile
    • Affordable Leather Products
« Reply #4 on: 26 October 2017, 11:15:41 am »
Important question:

Is it an Autobot or a Decepticon?! :D

fazersharp

• GP Hero
  • 10 stone Racing Snake
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 98-99
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 26 October 2017, 12:09:03 pm »

you need to be built like a racing snake for it to fit so for many of us, it wont work anyway :pokefun
You Called !

I dont like the idea of autonomously moving around on its own ------- its likely to coming knocking on my door shouting through the letterbox "oi tosser the sun is out lets go" and then probably end up going without me cause I said it looks a bit cloudy.
I don't do rain or threat there of. dry rider only with no shame.

F4celess

• Club Racer
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 98-99
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 26 October 2017, 12:15:33 pm »
I dont like the idea of autonomously moving around on its own ------- its likely to coming knocking on my door shouting through the letterbox "oi tosser the sun is out lets go" and then probably end up going without me cause I said it looks a bit cloudy.

Like a Tesla car, that after you get out of at your door, you press a button on the remote and it drives off on its own and parks itself in your allocated parking space (using a combination of cameras / avoidance technology / sensors and GPS)..... this technology is HERE, and its becoming mainstream.
« Last Edit: 26 October 2017, 12:41:30 pm by F4celess »

fazersharp

• GP Hero
  • 10 stone Racing Snake
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 98-99
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 26 October 2017, 01:32:31 pm »

Like a Tesla car, that after you get out of at your door, you press a button on the remote and it drives off on its own and parks itself in your allocated parking space (using a combination of cameras / avoidance technology / sensors and GPS)..... this technology is HERE, and its becoming mainstream.
I like the sound of that, you could save loads of space as there could be allocated parking in your street or tower block you get out at your door and then the car buggers off to its space BUT it only needs i inch either side as all the cars parked together no one is opening the doors.     
I don't do rain or threat there of. dry rider only with no shame.

F4celess

• Club Racer
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 98-99
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 26 October 2017, 01:48:18 pm »
I like the sound of that, you could save loads of space as there could be allocated parking in your street or tower block you get out at your door and then the car buggers off to its space BUT it only needs i inch either side as all the cars parked together no one is opening the doors.   

Infact the rear doors are ("Falcon") up and over (Lamborghini style), while the front are conventional side opening (bashing)!

celticdog

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 98-99
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 26 October 2017, 02:25:05 pm »
If I can't park it when and where I want then I'm not riding it. If you can't stick it where it needs to go then It won't take long until some little scrote thinks it's raped their rights and gets a claim going!
« Last Edit: 26 October 2017, 04:18:50 pm by celticdog »
Treat everything in life the way a dog would- if you can't eat it or foc it, forget it.