Date: 28-03-24  Time: 08:53 am

Author Topic: Bennetts Renewal Breath of Fresh Air  (Read 6053 times)

Cougar377

• Cager in Training
  • Skirt wearing haggis botherer
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - Honda Blackbird
    • View Profile
Re: Bennetts Renewal Breath of Fresh Air
« Reply #25 on: 21 October 2017, 10:12:24 pm »
Ask me how I know :lol

Go on then...I'll bite.   :)

locksmith

• FOC-U Official Selfish Bastard
    A bit of a cheapskate
    imageJune 09
  • GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - MT-09 :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: 22 October 2017, 06:14:46 pm »
Same sort of scenario I was phoning up to tell them I could get it much cheaper elsewhere and after a few words I told them just to cancel it then. Luckily the bloke asked if I was sure I wanted to cancel the current policy or did I mean let the policy lapse on the renewal date.

Fazerider

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 98-99
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: 22 October 2017, 10:29:06 pm »
Just had my renewal from Bennetts: no changes in mine or the bike’s circumstances… last year £89, this year £104, a 17% increase.
Bikesure have quoted £87, so I’ll be with them for 12 months and then will doubtless switch provider again. :rolleyes

alan sherman

• FOC-U Pimp Daddy and
    Sick Note
  • GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 00-01
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: 04 November 2017, 08:53:53 am »
My Bennett's renewal was laughable.  From 100 up to £360! Insurance this year has been a nightmare.  I've dropped to TPO after seeing the compulsory excess being the book value of the bike.  Even with a 500 quid excess it isn't worth a claim due to the knock on effects on car and future motorbike insurance. 

All arse.

fazersharp

• GP Hero
  • 10 stone Racing Snake
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 98-99
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: 04 November 2017, 09:28:51 am »
My Bennett's renewal was laughable.  From 100 up to £360! Insurance this year has been a nightmare.  I've dropped to TPO after seeing the compulsory excess being the book value of the bike.  Even with a 500 quid excess it isn't worth a claim due to the knock on effects on car and future motorbike insurance. 
All arse.
That's a big jump - was there a claim

Just had my renewal from Bennetts: no changes in mine or the bike’s circumstances… last year £89, this year £104, a 17% increase.
Bikesure have quoted £87, so I’ll be with them for 12 months and then will doubtless switch provider again. :rolleyes
I was with bike sure and they are the ones last year that got taken over and the price hiked up, I wonder if they have "had a word with themselves" and seen sense after bikers moved.
I don't do rain or threat there of. dry rider only with no shame.

Dave48

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - MT-07 Tracer
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: 04 November 2017, 09:33:30 am »

All arse.
Was this simply a hike in quote(trying it on) or has there been a significant change in risk factor eg change of address to a area with higher history of claims/theft etc? Or have you made a claim/suffered loss of no claims?

alan sherman

• FOC-U Pimp Daddy and
    Sick Note
  • GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 00-01
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: 04 November 2017, 01:30:58 pm »
No change in circumstances.  20 years riding.  20 years no claims. The issue is living in London and the media noise about motorbike thefts I think.  E bike didn't quote with my postcode being the reason.

Dave48

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - MT-07 Tracer
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: 05 November 2017, 08:04:05 am »
So when the theft problem in London becomes so severe that insurers refuse to offer cover at a reasonable rate in these postcode areas, the only bikers risking travel in the capital will be "out of towners" -the rest will be the thieving scrotes that for "health & safety" or "human rights" reasons the police-who are paid to uphold the law- refuse to chase/catch giving them the green light for their activities. Perhaps we will end up like gun-toting Americans having to defend our own property. I wouldnt be shedding any tears if any of the lowlife thieves got their comeuppance, whether at the hands of the cops or the public.

tommyardin

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      I don't own a bike
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: 05 November 2017, 10:06:12 am »
My Fazer FZS 600 Insurance is with Churchill.

My premium is £122.23 a year that includes a £15.00 renewal fee and £31.99  'Optional' Legal Protection (that can go).

I bet if I were to cancel the policy there will be a cancellation fee.

The Legal Protection was a free tag on when I first took out the policy (Worm dangling) but without any prior communication it is now costing me the £31.99.

The Excess is steep at £400.

If I ride someone else's motorcycle the cover is downgraded to Third Party Fire and Theft (Most of the Theft is from the foccing insurance Companies)

So if i cancel the non compulsory 'Legal Protection' my policy is £90.24 inc the £15.00 renewal fee (Which I am not happy about) :'(

tommyardin

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      I don't own a bike
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: 09 November 2017, 12:04:43 am »
Been on to Churchill told/asked them to remove the legal protection off the bike, so cover has now dropped to £90.24 with the administration charge of £15 that they say they can not do anything about as my insurance is through Churchill but farmed out to Zenith insurance and it is them that charge the 15 quid admin charge.

locksmith

• FOC-U Official Selfish Bastard
    A bit of a cheapskate
    imageJune 09
  • GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - MT-09 :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: 23 November 2017, 04:49:38 pm »
Not 100 percent sure but I think the renewal fees are shown now days due to financial rules stating that brokers can't sell products based on commission.

I have some buy to lets and the mortgage brokers now charge an arrangement fee for their services where they never used to.