Date: 29-03-24  Time: 13:26 pm

Poll

Please select the age range you fit into..... honestly.  ;-)

17 - 25
2 (2.2%)
26 - 35
13 (14.1%)
36 - 45
10 (10.9%)
46 - 55
31 (33.7%)
56 - 65
26 (28.3%)
66+ (years young).
10 (10.9%)

Total Members Voted: 92

Author Topic: POLL: Whats the average age of Fazer Owners ?  (Read 8083 times)

Hugh Mungus

• Club Racer
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • View Profile
Re: POLL: Whats the average age of Fazer Owners ?
« Reply #25 on: 19 October 2017, 09:17:11 pm »
Mmm, it seems that the average age, so far, is a little on the high side.

When I first wanted a Fazer 1000 I couldn't afford one. I've had several bikes in the meantime but a year ago I made an error by selling my FJR1300 in favour of a much newer Vstrom 1000 at a bargain price. I like the Vstrom but not enough, it doesn't set my soul on fire, so it's up for sale. I did sell another bike and I got browsing on ebay and came across a Fazer 1000 at a decent price and it got my interest but it sold before I dare bid. Once funds were secure I started looking for Fazers and the one I now own came up at a very very good price. The Fazer reminds me of several other bikes I've owned in the past and that's why I love it, I still regret selling the FJR but I won't be going back anytime soon. I'm having too much fun.

Cougar377

• Cager in Training
  • Skirt wearing haggis botherer
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - Honda Blackbird
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: 20 October 2017, 10:05:02 pm »
Mmm, it seems that the average age, so far, is a little on the high side.

When I first wanted a Fazer 1000 I couldn't afford one. I've had several bikes in the meantime but a year ago I made an error by selling my FJR1300 in favour of a much newer Vstrom 1000 at a bargain price. I like the Vstrom but not enough, it doesn't set my soul on fire, so it's up for sale. I did sell another bike and I got browsing on ebay and came across a Fazer 1000 at a decent price and it got my interest but it sold before I dare bid. Once funds were secure I started looking for Fazers and the one I now own came up at a very very good price. The Fazer reminds me of several other bikes I've owned in the past and that's why I love it, I still regret selling the FJR but I won't be going back anytime soon. I'm having too much fun.

Don't think of it as being high. Think of it as being experienced.  :lol

tommyardin

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      I don't own a bike
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: 20 October 2017, 10:26:14 pm »
Most of the old farts in here don't know what time of day it is let alone how old they are.  :eek

Nemesis

• Weekend Warrior
    • Main bike:
      FZ1 Faired Gen2
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: 21 October 2017, 12:52:21 am »
49 but when I get on the bike I feel like a teenager again :lol, I wonder why??? :rollin

Hugh Mungus

• Club Racer
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: 21 October 2017, 05:35:49 am »
Trying to cut a long story short...
On my 50th (in March this year) I was on holiday. We went on a zip line/quad/abseiling adventure day out. The other couple on the trip were 21 years old and I bet they thought "Oh jeez we are stuck with a 50 year old, oh joy" although they were very polite and didn't say so.
Every so often I stopped for a smoke. It gave them a chance to catch up.
I really enjoyed that day but showing up a pair of 21 year olds made it sweeter.

So, don't slow down. Use your 'experience' (as stated by Cougar377) and live everyday like it's your last.

Dave48

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - MT-07 Tracer
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: 21 October 2017, 08:43:17 am »
Had come back to bikes in 2001(albeit on a Honda that was a)cheap & b) available from a friend. At the company I worked for a "young" guy passes his test & bought a new silver foxeye-I was smitten!
Forward to 2008: My beloved partner had died prematurely from cancer age 54 & I had just turned 60. I retired from work that summer and played around with a couple of smaller Yamahas then on impulse bought an FZ6 in Jan 2009. Only kept it 6 months then in succession had a RED FZS1000(ivanised) a blue FZS600 Foxeye(rough) then a RED Foxeye(pristine) & eventually the tricolour Boxeye(red/black/silver).
Between RED foxeye & last boxeye briefly owned an MT07 naked. Now campaign MT07Tracer(BLUE) & preparing a slightly customised Honda C90 Cub (25 yrs old also blue) ready for the day when I can no longer manage the Tracer. Took C90 to Manx GP in August ( not telling you my lap time for the TT course :lol )

I

tommyardin

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      I don't own a bike
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: 21 October 2017, 08:57:02 am »
Trying to cut a long story short...
On my 50th (in March this year) I was on holiday. We went on a zip line/quad/abseiling adventure day out. The other couple on the trip were 21 years old and I bet they thought "Oh jeez we are stuck with a 50 year old, oh joy" although they were very polite and didn't say so.
Every so often I stopped for a smoke. It gave them a chance to catch up.
I really enjoyed that day but showing up a pair of 21 year olds made it sweeter.

So, don't slow down. Use your 'experience' (as stated by Cougar377) and live everyday like it's your last.
Messing about on a zip line and absailing it could easily have been.  :lol
« Last Edit: 21 October 2017, 08:59:28 am by tommyardin »

celticdog

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 98-99
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: 21 October 2017, 09:05:53 am »
Old Guys Rule! But why do we find tweed flat caps and beige cardigans so attractive to wear when we retire?!?
Treat everything in life the way a dog would- if you can't eat it or foc it, forget it.

fazersharp

• GP Hero
  • 10 stone Racing Snake
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 98-99
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: 21 October 2017, 11:37:04 am »
Had mine for 16 years, not from new, ride just for - as my insurance says social domestic and PLEASURE I get grumpy without my ride fix. I can go for long periods without riding but it just builds up and I have to get out.

When I brought it I was moving up from a suzuki GS500E and was either looking for a second hand Hornet or a bandit or Fazer, the hornet was a little more expensive, I almost brought a bandit but it was a *****SLOW***** blue so I gave that one a mis, and then the Fazer came up with 4kmiles 3 years old and two owners.

****Edited in view of Hugh Mungus post******
« Last Edit: 21 October 2017, 02:47:12 pm by fazersharp »
I don't do rain or threat there of. dry rider only with no shame.

Hugh Mungus

• Club Racer
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: 21 October 2017, 12:31:52 pm »
The blue one was too fast for you?  :lol

tommyardin

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      I don't own a bike
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: 21 October 2017, 06:31:18 pm »
Old Guys Rule! But why do we find tweed flat caps and beige cardigans so attractive to wear when we retire?!?
What, What, What Flat Caps and Beige Cardies WTF!
I have you know I dress very sharply and colourfully he one of me just about ready to go out to a club one night. 
« Last Edit: 21 October 2017, 06:35:04 pm by tommyardin »

fazersharp

• GP Hero
  • 10 stone Racing Snake
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 98-99
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: 21 October 2017, 06:36:49 pm »
That cat is thinking WTF

slappy

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - MT09
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: 21 October 2017, 06:52:36 pm »
That cat is thinking WTF

Not just the cat, every forum member is thinking the same!
Thank foc it wasn't a mini skirt :eek

GH600

• DAS Born Again
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 98-99
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: 21 October 2017, 07:09:57 pm »
Upper end of the poll  :( .. Always had bikes, sold the 09 650Versys I had from new 18 months ago & then a 98 FZS 600 came up for sale about Three miles away with under 9000 mls on it  :b got just under 10000 now  :) Great bike

agricola

• GP Hero
  • Man on a mission
    • Main bike:
      FZ6 S2 07-09
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: 21 October 2017, 07:15:53 pm »
I have you know I dress very sharply and colourfully he one of me just about ready to go out to a club one night.

VHS tapes and player? Thats got to be an early 80s photo. And that pink velour armchair is the one I threw out 35 years ago  :lol

fazersharp

• GP Hero
  • 10 stone Racing Snake
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 98-99
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: 21 October 2017, 07:23:25 pm »

VHS tapes and player? Thats got to be an early 80s photo. And that pink velour armchair is the one I threw out 35 years ago  :lol
Yes there are far more weird things going on in that picture than a man a a frock.

Random lone trainer
Ball of wool
curtains that don't cover the window
and worst yet -- HORSE BRASSES 

Hugh Mungus

• Club Racer
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: 21 October 2017, 07:39:04 pm »
That cat is thinking WTF

Not just the cat, every forum member is thinking the same!
Thank foc it wasn't a mini skirt :eek

Jeez, Slappy, You've put an awful image in my mind. Tommyardins photo was bad enough already but it's so much worse now  :eek

tommyardin

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      I don't own a bike
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: 21 October 2017, 10:23:06 pm »

Yeah I had to dig deep onto a remote drive to find that photo, it was a good few years ago my kids were at a young teenagers group and they had a contest/party where they had to dress up as a celebrity and Dame Edna Everage was the judge, namely yours faithfully.

Phew I think I just got away with that, my true colours have not come out LOL!    :eek :kiss :moon

F4celess

• Club Racer
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 98-99
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: 27 October 2017, 12:23:43 pm »

Some images just cant be unseen. :lol At least on THAT night out, you were feeling quite conservative, concerning the length of your dress (not a short skirt).

F4celess

• Club Racer
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 98-99
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: 27 October 2017, 12:24:18 pm »
Those that did respond to this Poll (so far), demonstrates the Fazer appears more desirable to the "upper" end of the Age scale. I imagine choosing the Fazer for its conventional styling, proven reliability (with "intermediate" performance - not blistering yet no slouch), plus easy to work on design.

Perhaps its also the "naked" thing, with the younger generation preferring the sleek brightly coloured fully faired, sports machines, over having everything visible and on display.

Was expecting a much wider spread, however the law of averages indicates the trend already displayed, will be the overall outcome.

Robgosty

• DAS Born Again
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: 27 October 2017, 01:19:26 pm »
65 now, 66 in May, had many over the years ranging from XS750 triple, CBR100, Hayabusa etc etc, got a Suzuki SZ on a whim, horrible thing, had a TDM 900 for a while, got a Bandit 600 as thought it would be lighter but lads i go out with step on a bit and Bandit was wringing its neck every time i went out, enter the Fazer 1000, had a test ride on one a long time ago and was impressed, now got a low miles 2004, dropped one tooth on front sprocket and happy days, now goes like a stabbed rat  :D  well comfy, had my seat redone by Tony Archer, no back pain, no numb bum, now have a little smile at all mature sportbike riders, having a stretch at every red light cos back is breaking, flapping hands at every opportunity to relieve cramps etc etc, this one's a keeper an as long as I can get on it will be riding it  :D :D

dazza

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - MT10
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: 27 October 2017, 03:03:00 pm »
Things I hate most
1. Polls
2. Nosey people
3. Lists
4. Irony
 :D

F4celess

• Club Racer
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 98-99
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: 27 October 2017, 05:33:42 pm »
Things I hate most
1. Polls
2. Nosey people
3. Lists
4. Irony
 :D

It's one of those Polls you'd find on most "Auto" forums. Offers an interesting insight regarding ownership, plus the potential for decent banter.

Suspicious... much?  :) There's no hidden agenda, its anonymous, I don't work for an insurance company, or a "mole" from some other Bike forum, I also haven't been beamed down from outer space, to learn more about humanity! It's.... just a bit of fun!:pokefun

dazza

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - MT10
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: 27 October 2017, 06:26:04 pm »
5. People who don't get my jokes
« Last Edit: 27 October 2017, 06:38:14 pm by dazza »

bogal298

• Cager in Training
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 02-03
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: 27 October 2017, 06:57:07 pm »
My first big bike after spending 2 years on a YBR, I bloody love it!! i've ridden a few other things - BMW F800GT & GS, Triumph Tiger, Honda Hornet and a few others.

Thinking of getting a Fazer 1000 in the future :)