Date: 29-03-24  Time: 07:00 am

Poll

Please select the age range you fit into..... honestly.  ;-)

17 - 25
2 (2.2%)
26 - 35
13 (14.1%)
36 - 45
10 (10.9%)
46 - 55
31 (33.7%)
56 - 65
26 (28.3%)
66+ (years young).
10 (10.9%)

Total Members Voted: 92

Author Topic: POLL: Whats the average age of Fazer Owners ?  (Read 8081 times)

F4celess

• Club Racer
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 98-99
    • View Profile
POLL: Whats the average age of Fazer Owners ?
« on: 19 October 2017, 09:59:26 am »
We all buy into a Fazer for different reasons - however interesting to gauge the average age of us dedicated :faz owners!  :)
Please select the age range you fit into..... honestly.   :D

Would be interesting also, to see feedback on why we bought our Fazer - a commuting workhorse, or for leisure (to modify/tinker, for weekend and fun rides out).

F4celess

• Club Racer
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 98-99
    • View Profile
Re: POLL: Whats the average age of Fazer Owners ?
« Reply #1 on: 19 October 2017, 10:09:42 am »
VOTED!  :thumbup

My FZS 600 is primarily for leisure. I would become a grumpy anti-social so and so, if I never got my motorcycle fix!  :lol

Although I do like to use it to commute (MUCH more fun on 2 wheels than 4), when the weather is "favourable". Both rider/bike are not afraid to get wet, however I just don't want to see my pride and joy sliding down the road on its side!
« Last Edit: 19 October 2017, 11:11:19 am by F4celess »

BBROWN1664

• Administrator
  • GP Hero
  • Should get out more!
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 00-01
    • - Tracer 900
    • View Profile
    • My website
« Reply #2 on: 19 October 2017, 10:12:36 am »
Back in 1999 I had an FZR1000 Genesis. finding myself doing 150mph one day and not realising it until I looked at the speedo I went looking for another bike. I tried several but the brand new FZS600 was the one that felt right. Having scared myself stupid with the insane speeds the FZR1000 reached so rapidly, the FZS was great as above 90MPH you had to force your head forwards. In other words, you knew when you approached licence loosing speeds rather than just blast past them without realising.
I kept that bike for about 7 years before getting an ST1100, then a CBF1000 and this year, finally back to the bike that I wished I had kept. An FZS600. It does everything I need it to do and more. Just wish I had kept my original one. Second option would be to find it and buy it back but I have no idea where T553WYJ is these days. I ended up with option 3, another FZS600.
Another ex-Fazer rider that is a foccer again

mtread

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 02-03
    • - Triumph Speed Trip & Tiger 800
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 19 October 2017, 10:31:53 am »
Came back to biking in 99 and bought a 600 Bandit. Mistake. Only bought it because I'd had Suzukis before, never had a Yamaha. Situation resolved when it was written off and this time I read reviews, and a Foxeye 600 it was. Never looked back. What a fantastic bike it is still, 14 years and 46k later.
Got 3 bikes now, a Speed Triple and a Tiger, but if I had to just have one..... the Fazer of course.
« Last Edit: 19 October 2017, 10:38:26 am by mtread »

F4celess

• Club Racer
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 98-99
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 19 October 2017, 10:32:01 am »
Back in 1999 I had an FZR1000 Genesis. finding myself doing 150mph one day and not realising it until I looked at the speedo I went looking for another bike. I tried several but the brand new FZS600 was the one that felt right. Having scared myself stupid with the insane speeds the FZR1000 reached so rapidly, the FZS was great as above 90MPH you had to force your head forwards. In other words, you knew when you approached licence loosing speeds rather than just blast past them without realising.
I kept that bike for about 7 years before getting an ST1100, then a CBF1000 and this year, finally back to the bike that I wished I had kept. An FZS600. It does everything I need it to do and more. Just wish I had kept my original one. Second option would be to find it and buy it back but I have no idea where T553WYJ is these days. I ended up with option 3, another FZS600.

:woot Brilliant BBROWN1664 - plus an interesting biking career. what better way to get this Poll rolling, than feedback from the main man himself!  :D 

Isn't it funny how One is never enough? Ideally we'd want a handful. 1 to use as a commuter, 1 to keep low miles, as a FACTORY FRESH original. 1 to modify................  :lol

F4celess

• Club Racer
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 98-99
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 19 October 2017, 10:42:05 am »
Came back to biking in 99 and bought a 600 Bandit. Mistake. Only bought it because I'd had Suzukis before, never had a Yamaha. Situation resolved when it was written off and this time I read reviews, and a Foxeye 600 it was. Never looked back. What a fantastic bike it is, still 14 years and 46k later.
Got 3 bikes now, a Speed Triple and a Tiger, but if I had to just have one..... the Fazer of course.

This has become more apparent on this forum. The Fazer appears to be one of the few bikes where owners have kept on to them (for over a decade), from virtually brand new!

I too considered the Bandit, looking for a Naked bike. However all the reviews, the Fazer just shone that little bit more, its power, its build quality, its reliability etc. I actually think its more interesting to look at too!  8)

Even while riding my Ninja ZX6R (my previous and 1st bike, which I wrote off), I often thought I wanted a naked (Sports) bike, best of both worlds.

LOVING it, so smooth and refined, amazing considering these originals (the FZS series) are some 15+ yrs old now!

BBROWN1664

• Administrator
  • GP Hero
  • Should get out more!
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 00-01
    • - Tracer 900
    • View Profile
    • My website
« Reply #6 on: 19 October 2017, 11:17:56 am »
LOVING it, so smooth and refined, amazing considering these originals (the FZS series) are some 15+ yrs old now!

some are 19 years old now. The FZS600 was first sold in 1998.

YamFazFan

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 19 October 2017, 11:29:03 am »
T553 WYJ is still on the road somewhere.

Taxed and M.O.T'd according to DVLA.

BBROWN1664

• Administrator
  • GP Hero
  • Should get out more!
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 00-01
    • - Tracer 900
    • View Profile
    • My website
« Reply #8 on: 19 October 2017, 11:30:33 am »
Last MOT'd in Bexhill Sussex and not many more miles on the clock than when I last had it MOT'd at Northeasts in Horley.

I would like the chance to buy it back if anyone knows who has it.

Dudeofrude

• GP Hero
  • Rude, Crude and Tattooed
    • Main bike:
      FZ1 Naked Gen2
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 19 October 2017, 11:34:36 am »
I bought my fz1n as a comfortable sportsbike, which after some fettling and modifying it very much fits that bill. It's wildly impractical, shit on fuel and useless in the wet BUT it's fast as foc, looks beautiful and is 10x comfier than the R1 is based on so couldn't be happier really

YamFazFan

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 19 October 2017, 11:34:56 am »
They could keep an eye out for my old 350YPVS while they're at it!.

Whilst I'd be happy to have most of my old bikes back, that's the only one I really regret selling. First new bike.

Fazerider

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 98-99
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 19 October 2017, 11:35:24 am »
Another old git here.
I think you need to increase the range of the poll answers a bit if you want an accurate figure for average age. :lol

And I'm a long term owner too, mine (bought new) is coming up for its 19th birthday in a few weeks.  :)

F4celess

• Club Racer
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 98-99
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 19 October 2017, 11:52:00 am »
Another old git here.
I think you need to increase the range of the poll answers a bit if you want an accurate figure for average age. :lol

Good point. Poll updated, with an extra "upper" range.  :thumbup

And I'm a long term owner too, mine (bought new) is coming up for its 19th birthday in a few weeks.  :)

Surely 'classic bike' status.  8)! Plus more predictable and less 'needy', than a teenager of the same age!?  :lol

Anquetil

• Club Racer
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - FZS 600 2003, FZS 600 2000
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 19 October 2017, 12:03:18 pm »
I had already voted before the age range was increased to reach my 'old git' status. I should now be in the 66 plus section !

Oldgit

• foccerwithoutaspacebar
  • GP Hero
  • Old Age & Treachery will Overcome Youth & Skill
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - BMW R1200RS Sport SE
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 19 October 2017, 12:39:16 pm »
In the Oldgit section.

F4celess

• Club Racer
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 98-99
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: 19 October 2017, 12:42:25 pm »
I had already voted before the age range was increased to reach my 'old git' status. I should now be in the 66 plus section !

Sorry 'bout that. While I do appear to have "god rights" over this Poll, the actual Results are "hard coded" (I cant edit those values or swap any around - for good reason).
Also note I cant personally see WHO has been voting in each age group, this is anonymous (unless you spill the beans in the comments :) )

Anquetil

• Club Racer
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - FZS 600 2003, FZS 600 2000
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 19 October 2017, 01:21:00 pm »
No worries. I shall watch the results with great interest.

YamFazFan

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 19 October 2017, 01:36:27 pm »
They could keep an eye out for my old 350YPVS while they're at it!.

Whilst I'd be happy to have most of my old bikes back, that's the only one I really regret selling. First new bike.

Hold up stop looking everyone.

Just checked DVLA and the tax is due 1st May 1992 and it's not Sorned!
« Last Edit: 19 October 2017, 01:39:50 pm by YamFazFan »

lew600fazer

• GP Hero
  • There is only one form of racing, road racing.
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - 2017 MT-09 Tracer ABS
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 19 October 2017, 02:27:20 pm »

I have had three fazers, FZ 6 S1, FZ6 S2 ,FZ1 now on an MT09.
Loved all of them but the FZ6 S2 was a mistake , I had down sized from a Z1000SX , to be honest when you have had 1000cc bike you do miss the extra cc's so I got a nice FZ1 which I loved , but sadly the old  knees are shot and the ride position was becoming unbearable. Nearly packed biking in until some one said try the MT07, I did but thought I wonder what the 09 is like, Love it a real fun bike.
MT-09 Tracer for those who no longer can handle a BIG boy Fazer

mtread

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 02-03
    • - Triumph Speed Trip & Tiger 800
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 19 October 2017, 03:08:51 pm »
Went on one of my IAM ride outs last week and a few of the group have pristine TDM 900s. Apparently there's a fan club that love them more than we love Fazers. I think not! Or perhaps it's just a Yamaha thing  :rolleyes

Grahamm

• Global Moderator
  • GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZ6 04-06
    • View Profile
    • Affordable Leather Products
« Reply #20 on: 19 October 2017, 04:29:43 pm »
Would be interesting also, to see feedback on why we bought our Fazer - a commuting workhorse, or for leisure (to modify/tinker, for weekend and fun rides out).

I bought it because 10 years ago I thought "I've always wanted a bike, I've got the time, I've got the money and I don't want to be sitting here in 10 years thinking 'why didn't I do it?'"

And (although, at the moment, I use it for commuting) it's still fun :)

tommyardin

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      I don't own a bike
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 19 October 2017, 05:33:36 pm »
Old git here 71, bought the 2003 Fazer FZS 600 after being off bikes for almost 40 years, had the old girl for nearly 4 and a half years, solely a fun thing.
I still like to rag it on the FZS 600 and to be honest I ride much the same now as i did when I was younger.
Summer rider only, bike is now in hibernation, last outing was Loomies Bikers Cafe last Sunday afternoon.
« Last Edit: 20 October 2017, 12:15:46 am by tommyardin »

red98

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - FZS600,CB400/4,X7,CB250
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: 19 October 2017, 06:30:21 pm »
Not in the old git section   :D    only just though   :lol

bought my red98 In 2002 a 40th birthday present to myself , replaced a gpz500 to use for work and pleasure , wanted the smoothness of a inline four again , only used for pleasure now and after 15ish years of ownership i cant see me selling it...

a good poll that proves what ive thought all along ...a bike for grumpy old men ...see "what gets my goat "... :lol
One, is never going to be enough.....

agricola

• GP Hero
  • Man on a mission
    • Main bike:
      FZ6 S2 07-09
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: 19 October 2017, 08:04:51 pm »
Wow, only just avaided the old codgers classification.

Oddly, I bought the fazer while recovering from a fractured spine. I tried it while id still got the brace on. Liked the look of the bike, liked the colour, liked the riding position. Part chopped my yx600 Radian for it. Wish Id paid cash and kept the Radian, absolutely belting little bike. Ive trashed the fazer as hard as I dare around donington 4 times now, and loved every minute. Great brakes and nimble handling mean I can catch the big boys at the corners

Cougar377

• Cager in Training
  • Skirt wearing haggis botherer
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - Honda Blackbird
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: 19 October 2017, 09:15:31 pm »
Wow, only just avaided the old codgers classification.

Oddly, I bought the fazer while recovering from a fractured spine. I tried it while id still got the brace on. Liked the look of the bike, liked the colour, liked the riding position. Part chopped my yx600 Radian for it. Wish Id paid cash and kept the Radian, absolutely belting little bike. Ive trashed the fazer as hard as I dare around donington 4 times now, and loved every minute. Great brakes and nimble handling mean I can catch the big boys at the corners

Just scraped into the not quite old duffer class... ;)

I too bought my Fazer after fairly major neck/spinal surgery. The Blackbird and Ducati 750SS that I've also got are just nowhere near as easy on the back and neck.