Date: 25-04-24  Time: 13:14 pm

Author Topic: Nice Hotel near Calais  (Read 2335 times)

Simon.Pieman

• Club Racer
  • Life of Pie
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
Nice Hotel near Calais
« on: 14 October 2017, 05:42:58 pm »
 Am riding up from Tours to Calais in November and then on to a ferry to UK. I can probably do that in one hit but if the wearther is rotten I'll probably get a hotel near Calais and cross the next morning. Can anyone reccomend a good one near enough to the port? I usually use the Ibis just out of town but fancy a different one this time preferably near a nice bar/restaurant. Secure parking of course.

DILLIGAFF

• Muppet

Plucking foccer
    Official FOC-U Saga Lout
    Kock Leeper
  • GP Hero
  • Leeper of cocks
    • Main bike:
      I don't own a bike
    • View Profile
I used to not give a foc, then I discovered Red Bull and now I don't give a flying foc !!!

Simon.Pieman

• Club Racer
  • Life of Pie
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
Re: Nice Hotel near Calais
« Reply #2 on: 15 October 2017, 10:17:39 am »
Try this........ https://www.airbnb.co.uk/s/Calais-Ferry-Port--Calais--France/homes?place_id=ChIJ_XWoinVA3EcRl81WBRBriFc&refinements%5B%5D=for_you&allow_override%5B%5D=&s_tag=hz-w733D

Cheers. I've looked at some of those already on the Airbnb site. . Have you stayed in any of them?
Was hoping somone on here has found a particular place that they have used before.

BBROWN1664

• Administrator
  • GP Hero
  • Should get out more!
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 00-01
    • - Tracer 900
    • View Profile
    • My website
« Reply #3 on: 15 October 2017, 04:49:53 pm »
I've stayed in montreuil-sur-mer at the best western there. That was ok. About 45 mins from Calais.
Another ex-Fazer rider that is a foccer again

Oldgit

• foccerwithoutaspacebar
  • GP Hero
  • Old Age & Treachery will Overcome Youth & Skill
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - BMW R1200RS Sport SE
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 16 October 2017, 12:02:04 pm »
Sangatte looks ok.

Billy Balthorpe

• Club Racer
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - 2 X 1987 fzr1000's, VN800
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 18 October 2017, 10:59:14 pm »

I organise the annual trip to Europe for myself and the lads (usually 10 to 15 of us) and every year I always spend hours looking at different hotels in Calais for the last night piss up before we come back to the mainland. I always end up booking us all into the Premier Classe hotel opposite the railway station in the centre of Calais. Its a bum basic cheap hotel but it is close to the bars and restaurants and we park the bikes in a nice car park which is tucked out of the way with plenty of space and is overlooked by the hotel rooms.
Not a particularly nice hotel, but we like it because its so handy for everything.

But saying all that, last year in January, I booked us all into a hotel with balconies and sea views, cheap too! Then I get an email from them in May saying that they have had to cancel all the rooms as they were shutting the hotel down, so I booked the Premier Classe again. The strange thing was, when we went to have a look, the hotel was open and holidaymakers were going in and out, the bar was open, people checking in, etc. I think what they had done is sold the rooms in January for €40 a room, then realised that they could get over twice that if they had the rooms available, so they cancelled ours and booked new people in at a higher rate. Bastards!