Date: 29-03-24  Time: 06:17 am

Author Topic: New Lad  (Read 1562 times)

Northern Biker

• Weekend Warrior
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
New Lad
« on: 07 October 2017, 11:54:48 pm »
Hi all, just signed up as I am planning on buying a Fazer 600 as my first big boy bike.
Got a bit of saving up to do yet but really looking forward to getting one and enjoying it.
 :)

BBROWN1664

• Administrator
  • GP Hero
  • Should get out more!
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 00-01
    • - Tracer 900
    • View Profile
    • My website
Re: New Lad
« Reply #1 on: 10 October 2017, 01:21:41 pm »
Get saving and post up some pictures when you get it.
Another ex-Fazer rider that is a foccer again

vinnyb

• WSB Pack Hound
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 02-03
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 12 October 2017, 05:15:55 pm »

Hi, welcome to the mad house. The 600 Fazer's a great choice to save for, it's not only a good starter bike, many of us on here have been riding for years, it's a great bike. 
  Just don't go buying the 1st cheap one you find, there are a lot of real snotters out there and it's easy to get your fingers burnt. It almost always costs more to make a cheap bike good than to buy a good one in the first place. Have you got anyone who knows about bikes who can point you towards a decent one? Good luck with the saving, we all look forward to hearing that you've found one. They're a knowledgeable and patient bunch on here so feel free to ask any questions. Just a word of advice, there's a guy an here who goes by the name Tommyardin, the chances are he'll tell you at some point to buy a silver one... Don't. They're really slow. :lol :lol

tommyardin

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      I don't own a bike
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 12 October 2017, 06:30:23 pm »

Hi, welcome to the mad house. The 600 Fazer's a great choice to save for, it's not only a good starter bike, many of us on here have been riding for years, it's a great bike. 
  Just don't go buying the 1st cheap one you find, there are a lot of real snotters out there and it's easy to get your fingers burnt. It almost always costs more to make a cheap bike good than to buy a good one in the first place. Have you got anyone who knows about bikes who can point you towards a decent one? Good luck with the saving, we all look forward to hearing that you've found one. They're a knowledgeable and patient bunch on here so feel free to ask any questions. Just a word of advice, there's a guy an here who goes by the name Tommyardin, the chances are he'll tell you at some point to buy a silver one... Don't. They're really slow. :lol :lol

I'm not.  :rolleyes

Northern Biker

• Weekend Warrior
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 13 October 2017, 02:30:58 am »

Hi Vinny, some great advice there, thanks pal.
I'm an ex Car Mechanic but I know my way around bikes too, so I don't mind a bit of a project if I'm honest!
If i do find one that needs a bit of love i'll start a project thread somewhere for anyone who might be interested.
Thanks everyone for the kind welcome, looking forward to getting a bike and getting stuck in on here  8)

vinnyb

• WSB Pack Hound
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 02-03
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 13 October 2017, 06:44:05 am »
 Sorry,  I just assumed from your first post that you were a biking novice, no offence meant :rolleyes Hope none taken. What I said about Tommy and silver Fazers still stands though :lol :lol

Northern Biker

• Weekend Warrior
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 13 October 2017, 09:32:43 am »
Haha, no worries buddy, none taken at all. Should have mentioned I've been into bikes for years but was never in a position to get my license until recently.