Date: 19-04-24  Time: 09:33 am

Author Topic: Mac Photo editing software  (Read 1287 times)

Skippernick

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 02-03
    • View Profile
Mac Photo editing software
« on: 01 October 2017, 03:39:14 pm »
Thinking about wrapping my belly pan as it needs some loving now. Wondering what it would look like wrapped.
Others have photoshopped paint schemes so thought i would give it a try. Whats the easiest software to use on a macbook for someone who uses about 5% of the stuff on there mac!!

Red Heads - Slowly taking over the world!!!

NorthWestern

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
Re: Mac Photo editing software
« Reply #1 on: 01 October 2017, 04:05:30 pm »
Photoshop
Intentionally left blank

Skippernick

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 02-03
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 01 October 2017, 04:18:39 pm »
Not available on the mac that i can see.

NorthWestern

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 01 October 2017, 04:28:41 pm »
It is. You want cs6 ideally. There are other editing packages but photoshop is the best in terms of ease of use and features.
Intentionally left blank

Fazerider

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 98-99
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 01 October 2017, 08:39:35 pm »
Photoshop is available for Mac, but they've switched to a horrible rental system which gets expensive.
Photoshop Elements is a more economical offering, but the version I tried proved to have a completely different philosophy and I never got to grips with it after the nice intuitive interface of Photoshop 6 (it was awhile ago).
I opted for an app called Affinity which seems to be highly regarded by those in the know and is a bargain compared to Photoshop CS. It looks powerful, though I've not had time to get used to it... all I can say is it has quite a steep learning curve!

Skippernick

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 02-03
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 01 October 2017, 08:46:56 pm »
yeah i found photoshop, but its only a free trial. Mind you i only want to do one picture. Got the phone app, but seems really basic or i don't know what I'm doing.
Ill keep looking.

NorthWestern

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 01 October 2017, 08:51:59 pm »
Yeah you typically get the free trial then.... Make it a non trial version...

You could always try GIMP. it's free
Intentionally left blank

tommyardin

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      I don't own a bike
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 02 October 2017, 12:19:04 am »
Photoshop is available for Mac, but they've switched to a horrible rental system which gets expensive.
Photoshop Elements is a more economical offering, but the version I tried proved to have a completely different philosophy and I never got to grips with it after the nice intuitive interface of Photoshop 6 (it was awhile ago).
I opted for an app called Affinity which seems to be highly regarded by those in the know and is a bargain compared to Photoshop CS. It looks powerful, though I've not had time to get used to it... all I can say is it has quite a steep learning curve!

Agrees P/S Elements is so limited it's almost useless. Tried Paintshop Pro not very excited about that either, ok if you happy accepting their fixes and templates for doing things. One of the best bits of software I ever had was given free years ago with HP printers trouble is it would only work on Fat16 platforms. So I am stuck with Paintshop Pro and an illeagle copy of Photoshop that's I am not and nevet will be happy about installing.