Date: 18-04-24  Time: 06:09 am

Author Topic: Sooo, I'm back!  (Read 1306 times)

apage16

• Club Racer
    • Main bike:
      FZ1 Naked Gen2
    • View Profile
Sooo, I'm back!
« on: 27 September 2017, 03:55:58 pm »
Hey folks!

But of a re-introduction here. After a spell trying out the darkside on a Kwak Versys 650, I'm finally coming back to the family!

Put the dosh down on a very clean FZ1-N this week which I'll be picking up after a well deserved holiday. Excited doesn't even begin to cover it. In fact I'll probably hate every minute of this holiday knowing that the bike will be ready for collection from tomorrow! #FirstWorldProblems

Needless to say, I've been busily reading up on Ivanisation, sub throttle flies modding, PC5 etc... Though to start I'll just be enjoying that lovely smooth online four after my time on the buzzy twin.

Looking forward to chewing the fat again,  although rideouts will be tough as I'm living over in Hamburg now.

On a sidenote, how do i go about changing my username or at least my display name? The Andymancam YouTube channel is really growing so I'd like to keep 'on brand'! ;P

Anyway,  huzzah and hello!

Andy.

vinnyb

• WSB Pack Hound
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 02-03
    • View Profile
Re: Sooo, I'm back!
« Reply #1 on: 27 September 2017, 11:41:53 pm »
 Hi Andy, I was considering a 650 Versys as my next bike when I'd saved enough. Did you not like yours.

Hugh Mungus

• Club Racer
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 28 September 2017, 05:21:02 am »
Though to start I'll just be enjoying that lovely smooth online four after my time on the buzzy twin.

That matches my own thoughts after a year on a V-Strom 1000. All was ok until I rode my sons GSX1400 and I realised how much I missed an in-line four.

apage16

• Club Racer
    • Main bike:
      FZ1 Naked Gen2
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 28 September 2017, 01:26:17 pm »
Hi Andy, I was considering a 650 Versys as my next bike when I'd saved enough. Did you not like yours.

Hey Vinny,

Loved the bike. It really is very versatile! 2 very enjoyable tours under the belt and about 30,000km in total. Great torquey motor, comfortable, 300km out of a tank easy and lots of luggage options. It was the right choice after my FZS600. Loads more torque down low but with a redline at about 12000rpm still lively enough to stretch it's legs right out and enjoy its surprisingly nimble handling.

Now I'm just a bit tired of the buzz and the buffety screen that despite many different brands just always seemed to be noisier than no screen at all.  Ultimately i also no longer commute on the bike so it doesnt need to be so practical. As an every day bike the versys is fantastic. But now i want something that's a bit more hooligan, a bit more pure biking and that gets my pulse racing a bit more.

For the money, the FZ1N was head and shoulders the best choice for my step up to litre bikes. Whether or not im right will become clear in good time! 

apage16

• Club Racer
    • Main bike:
      FZ1 Naked Gen2
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 28 September 2017, 01:30:15 pm »

That matches my own thoughts after a year on a V-Strom 1000. All was ok until I rode my sons GSX1400 and I realised how much I missed an in-line four.

My only issue with the FZS600 was too little torque down low. The versys certainly gave me more of that, especially after bunging a Boosterplug on it.  Now despite the reputation of being 'weak' down low, the FZ1 is already smashing out more torque at 3500rpm than the V had at full spin! I think I'm going to be very happy with it. Plus my videos will hopefully be a little clearer without the unbalanced washing machine effect throwing my cameras around all the time!

GH600

• DAS Born Again
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 98-99
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 28 September 2017, 09:17:40 pm »
Hey folks!

But of a re-introduction here. After a spell trying out the darkside on a Kwak Versys 650, I'm finally coming back to the family!

Put the dosh down on a very clean FZ1-N this week which I'll be picking up after a well deserved holiday. Excited doesn't even begin to cover it. In fact I'll probably hate every minute of this holiday knowing that the bike will be ready for collection from tomorrow! #FirstWorldProblems

Needless to say, I've been busily reading up on Ivanisation, sub throttle flies modding, PC5 etc... Though to start I'll just be enjoying that lovely smooth online four after my time on the buzzy twin.

Looking forward to chewing the fat again,  although rideouts will be tough as I'm living over in Hamburg now.

On a sidenote, how do i go about changing my username or at least my display name? The Andymancam YouTube channel is really growing so I'd like to keep 'on brand'! ;P

Anyway,  huzzah and hello!

Andy.
Hi Andy & welcome . I to had a Versys 650 abs 09 model I kept it for seven years it was a great bike,  I never found it to be buzzy more of a throb , my FZS 600 is a bit buzzy but doesn't give me any problems it's more fun to ride than the Versys  ;)