Bikes, Hints'n'Tips > Fazer 1000/FZ1 corner

replacement exhaust choice for a newby

(1/6) > >>

Nemesis:
Sorry folks threads probably been done before but I want to change my exhaust on my gen 2, I want views and opinions on what to avoid and whats the dogs bollocks in terms of quality, sound ( se how I didn't put noise, sweet ) and price. whats the craic with the EXUP aswell, Take the piss im up for it, just a newbie wanting the gain some knoll. Also quick on planning on ACF 50 treatment guess before the gritters hit the roads any view and comments welcome ;)

Dudeofrude:
Basically the shorter it is and bigger the hole the louder it will be. Don't be fooled by fancy names an end can is an end can. I've got an akra and it's just a hollow carbon tube, no different from the delkavic I had on a previous bike, just a lot more expensive.

Any end can will fit as long as the link pipe is the right size to attached to your downpipes but be aware that the bigger the bore, the more air is escaping the engine so if you go really extreme you may need a remap but if you buy one with road legal baffles then you should be fine as they usually make the hole a lot smaller.
The exup on the gen 2 is just an emissions thingy so no worries about losing it. Doesn't do a thing.

As for which ones to buy, really anything that's not a Chinese copy should be fine. Companies like black widow make nice but very loud exhaust. Ixil look very cool. Scorpion, akraprovic and yoshimura are the coveted golden boys but you'll pay big bucks.
Personally I'd type 'fz1 exhausts' into ebay and take a look at all the different types then just see what you like the look of. Anything is going to look and sound better than the standard one 👍

Nemesis:
Thanks Dude for all the info appreciate it mate

steve 10562cc:
Got a Scorpion on my 2008 on when I got the bike, runs sweet, sounds good no baffle in though, that's where all baffles should be kept in my toolbox. Fitted Fuel exhausts on most of  my previous bikes always found them decent quality, well made easy to fit, didn't upset the running, and sounded nice big plus you get free Kendal mint cake with every exhaust.   

Nemesis:
Ok got myself a akrapovic still to fit, can someone run thru the score with regards to the exup please. Thanks in advance

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version