maddog04

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - Pan ST1300
    • View Profile
MT 10
« on: 15 September 2017, 07:42:29 pm »
walking the dog and saw one in traffic, smitten even though it was a fleeting glimpse

so who's got one and what's the pro's and cons before I head off to the dealers :lol
fire never sleeps

dazza

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - MT10
    • View Profile
Re: MT 10
« Reply #1 on: 15 September 2017, 08:13:06 pm »
They are quite thirsty. Pretty small tank. 17 litres will have you thinking about a fuel stop at anything over a hundred miles. Although, they can do over 150.
It will make you feel and  act like your shoe size every ride.
You will watch the news reports of bike life teenage hooligans wheelie'ing down the street and instead of being shocked you will just scoff "fucking amateurs".
Your close friends and family you ride with will hold back and pretend they are not with you and start saying things like "you're out of control dude" and "you need to have a word with yourself".
Other riders on crotch rockets will keep glancing in their mirrors,then move over to the kerb to let you pass.
All this time, you will be in denial and just think you're fucking great.
As for any cons......I can't really think of any.

« Last Edit: 15 September 2017, 08:52:14 pm by dazza »

YamFazFan

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 15 September 2017, 08:56:55 pm »
They are quite thirsty. Pretty small tank. 17 litres will have you thinking about a fuel stop at anything over a hundred miles. Although, they can do over 150.
You will watch the news reports of bike life teenage hooligans wheelie'ing down the street and instead of being shocked you will just scoff "fucking amateurs".
Your close friends and family you ride with will hold back and pretend they are not with you and start saying things like "you're out of control dude" and "you need to have a word with yourself".
Other riders on crotch rockets will keep glancing in their mirrors,then move over to the kerb to let you pass.

That's the best bike review I've ever read!  :lol

slimwilly

• GP Hero
  • I love to ride them hills
    • Main bike:
      FZ1 Faired Gen2
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 15 September 2017, 10:03:49 pm »
He is a nutter anyway,  even if he was on a honda C50
An ageing test pilot for home grown widgets that may fail at anytime.

rlkat

• Cager in Training
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 02-03
    • - Honda Transalp
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 15 September 2017, 10:07:25 pm »

Classic.  :thumbup

I'm almost tempted.

maddog04

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - Pan ST1300
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 16 September 2017, 10:02:48 pm »
 :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol
the camping bed is all set up outside the dealers
fire never sleeps

bludclot

• WSB Pack Hound
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 17 September 2017, 09:22:39 am »

I rode one, not very far mind, straight back to the dealers after only a few miles. Desperately uncomfortable, seat made from stone.
is it clean enough?

Dudeofrude

• GP Hero
  • Rude, Crude and Tattooed
    • Main bike:
      FZ1 Naked Gen2
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 17 September 2017, 10:21:53 am »
I rode one for a short while. Found it very vibey, almost like a twin, but other than that it was a decent enough bike but for me personally it's just too fuck ugly. I know some people might say it doesn't matter once your on it but imo you buy with your eyes before your head
It's the same with the whole MT range,  especially the Mt09. I just think the design peaked with the fz1n after that they either softened up the rears or gave them ugly eyes/headlights (both with the newest 09)

HarryHornby

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 00-01
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 19 September 2017, 07:45:38 pm »
One pro that Dazza forgot to mention is that he gets 20000 miles out of a front tyre  :b

One downside that Dazza forgot to mention is that he'll be needing new fork seals in 2000 miles  :rollin
Money doesn't buy happiness, but it buys beer, and that helps!

dangerousdave

• CBT Wobbler
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 20 September 2017, 11:46:19 am »
I wondered if anyone has tried both the MT-10 and the MT-09 and could give a comparison of the 2.
I know the MT-09 is a triple and the MT-10 a four, but wondered about the performance and handling differences as the MT-09 is substantially cheaper.

bludclot

• WSB Pack Hound
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 20 September 2017, 06:09:33 pm »

I rode them both back to back. As I said above I turned the 10 round pretty quickly due to a very hard seat and unforgiving suspension making the bike uncomfortable and a bit skittish. Engine was so-so in c mode, certainly not having the 'wanting to go' felling of my ivanised gen 1. Mode changes didn't make any noticeable difference but I have read since that the throttle needs to be closed before changes occur, despite the dash mode letter changing. Brakes and chassis felt good otherwise, but overall I was not impressed. If it's not comfortable (racing excepted) then what's the point?

The 9 was loads better. The bike was comfortable, handled well and had all the get-up-and-go that a claimed 115bhp should provide. It was smooth, felt well suspended and inspired confidence within minutes of setting off. The feel of the thing was very good indeed, quality even, despite being 'keenly' priced.

Was I prepared to hand over my mint and sorted gen 1 plus 6 large for it though? No chance. My gen 1 trumped it in every department. Nice try Yamaha (given the current Euro regulations) but not as good as a litre bike released 16 years ago.
is it clean enough?