General > General

So who owns a Camper Van? Original VW Camper or conversions.

(1/3) > >>

F4celess:
Looking for inspiration. Anyone done or doing this? Which Vans make the best platform for a conversation? Considerations. Do's/Don'ts.

Could make a decent winter project, prior to next summer. Plus a big "step up" from lugging a tent around in the boot of the car!

Don't have the workshop facilities (or time) to restore a rusted out VW Camper. Plus not paying £30K+ :eek for one somebody else has already "restored".
So the latter, Van conversation, is the favourite. Where I can design it to my own requirements / plus a little flair. :)

Oldgit:
Don't even think about buying one of these things--they are crap, don't go much over 50mph and sporadically burst into flames when the overheat--they are absolute rubbish, buy a modern one preferably Japanese import--much more reliable and don't wander all over the road.

Robbie8666:
depends what your budget is but living in Cornwall I've seen all styles of "transit" vans made into campers, from basic (boarded out with a a single/ bunkbed) along the right hand side sink cooker left side, to elaborate affairs that have also got a roller canopy above side door that have zipped down to make an awning porch.

admittedly there are lots of VW T5's but have seen Hyundai vans done up just as good..
see lots of old VW either splitty's & early bays crawling along usually in convoys of 3 or 4 or broken down at side of A30 (bit like scooters!)

as for what van.. do you want to stand up in it or stoop! bit like tents .. I have heard Merc sprinters are heavy to start with!   

so its back to budget!!

Hamisato:
I have benefited from your information a lot.

taylor:
get a transit.  van ?    I have a static caravan which is great, everyone to there own.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version