Date: 28-03-24  Time: 15:13 pm

Author Topic: Soft panniers/Kriega or Mosko Moto  (Read 3379 times)

jamorro

• Cager in Training
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
Soft panniers/Kriega or Mosko Moto
« on: 08 September 2017, 12:03:17 pm »
Has anyone tried either of these two set-ups. Mosko Moto panniers or the Kriega OS system. I'm trying to work out where I can get racks for these and fit them without touching indicators. I had Hepco & Becker hard luggage previously with was fab, but possibly going long distance where soft panniers might be better/lighter.
James Morrow 04 FZS.

Simon.Pieman

• Club Racer
  • Life of Pie
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
Re: Soft panniers/Kriega or Mosko Moto
« Reply #1 on: 09 September 2017, 05:58:45 am »
Has anyone tried either of these two set-ups. Mosko Moto panniers or the Kriega OS system. I'm trying to work out where I can get racks for these and fit them without touching indicators. I had Hepco & Becker hard luggage previously with was fab, but possibly going long distance where soft panniers might be better/lighter.
James Morrow 04 FZS.
Good idea going for soft luggage for long distance, I was at the Hubb meeting in Sumbawa this year and I'd say that most of the people who rode thousands of miles to get there used soft bags. This advantages over hard cases wasn't lost on me two weeks after the meeting when I was shunted at some traffic lights in Java and one of my soft panniers was squashed up and torn, if it was a hard plastic or ally case it would have been smashed -and where would I have got a hard case fixed in Java? A bit of duct tape fixed the tear in my bag.
 I havn't used the systems you listed but I havn't heard complaints about either from riders using them, except for the high cost of both. I use cheap Givi soft panniers myself and the ubiquitous 50 litre roll bag on the pillion seat. I had custom racks made in Jakarta from 6mm steel rod and moved the indicators back a few inches.
 I think the new Kriega soft bag system fits on Kriega's own racks, bound to be pricey though.

John_FJ

• DAS Born Again
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - FJ1200
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 09 September 2017, 08:01:37 am »
I have used Oxford lifetime soft panniers for years without any issues. Not too expensive either
"Scattered showers my arse"........ Noah

jamorro

• Cager in Training
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 09 September 2017, 09:01:28 am »
Thanks you two for replying. Both the Kriega and Most Moto systems operate from their own back plate which has to be attached to a rack -Givi, SW Motech etc. But I am finding difficulty getting racks for the Fazer and my wife's bike (02 Honda Hornet). But we might have changed our minds. Now thinking of going to India, getting a couple of s/h Royal Enfields and power around on them.

Simon.Pieman

• Club Racer
  • Life of Pie
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 09 September 2017, 11:18:52 am »
Thanks you two for replying. Both the Kriega and Most Moto systems operate from their own back plate which has to be attached to a rack -Givi, SW Motech etc. But I am finding difficulty getting racks for the Fazer and my wife's bike (02 Honda Hornet). But we might have changed our minds. Now thinking of going to India, getting a couple of s/h Royal Enfields and power around on them.

I'm going to do India myself one day although there's a few other countries on my bucket list I want to do first.
 Of all SE Asia my favourite country is Vietnam, I'veridden all the other countries once but done the 'Nam four times. The Northern 'loop' rides are fabulous and the North to South ride is epic. Combined with a few days riding in Northern Laos it's hard to beat. Cheapest country in Asia too, bike hire is good value and the bikes are decent, you can ride from Hanoi and hand the bike back to the hire company in Saigon.