Date: 20-04-24  Time: 04:25 am

Author Topic: Been away and no FOCER missed me  (Read 1826 times)

fazersharp

• GP Hero
  • 10 stone Racing Snake
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 98-99
    • View Profile
Been away and no FOCER missed me
« on: 30 September 2017, 08:43:01 pm »
Any who been to Malia (out of season all inclusive beech 4 star hotel ) before you start !
Having a walk about its crazy - saw girls 3 -up on a moped, no helmets and the girl at the front was texting, don't know weather it shows complete irresponsibleness or fantastic skill !
Another one, a bloke driving along in a car drinking beer - with a child in the passenger seat, he actually literally was drinking and driving.
Dosent look like there is anything like an MOT unless it stands for Mostly Old Together with tape.
And the nearest thing you get to yellow lines is an old lady who comes out and hits you with a broom if she dont like where you parked.
I think I want to move there
I don't do rain or threat there of. dry rider only with no shame.

Bretty

• WSB Pack Hound
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 00-01
    • View Profile
Re: Been away and no FOCER missed me
« Reply #1 on: 30 September 2017, 11:05:53 pm »
In Morocco it was common to see a family of 5, no helmets all on a C90 copy, usually 4/5year old kids just hanging on.

When I was in Cannes a kid came past me on a moped with his helmet up on the top of his head smoking and sending a text. It's just a different culture. It still blows my mind in Germany with no speed limits. Just different thinking.

I'm off to Vietnam in a few weeks, looking forward to riding their roads. :-)
-suck-squeeze-bang-blow-

Dudeofrude

• GP Hero
  • Rude, Crude and Tattooed
    • Main bike:
      FZ1 Naked Gen2
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 30 September 2017, 11:15:55 pm »
When was in Spain as a teenager the law only stated that you had to have a helmet on your body, it didn't state where so we used to ride round topless in shorts and trainers wearing our helmets on our arms by putting our hands up through the neck hole and out the open visor!! 😅😅 And I was riding an Aprilia rs250 no less. Seems nuts now but back then it was the norm, safety wasn't even a consideration

Simon.Pieman

• Club Racer
  • Life of Pie
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 01 October 2017, 08:11:54 am »

I'm on my 5th visit at the moment (currently in Hanoi) Riding up to Sapa tomorrow on a nice new CRF250. You can never get enough of this country, it's an amazing place.

fazersharp

• GP Hero
  • 10 stone Racing Snake
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 98-99
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 01 October 2017, 10:44:24 am »

I'm on my 5th visit at the moment (currently in Hanoi) Riding up to Sapa tomorrow on a nice new CRF250. You can never get enough of this country, it's an amazing place.
I can understand in eu countries years ago and also in Vietnam and places but Greece i supposed to be an eu country, I understand different speed limits in other countries like Germany but it just seemed completely lawless in Greece, I wouldn't fancy driving there on a holiday.       
I don't do rain or threat there of. dry rider only with no shame.

Oldgit

• foccerwithoutaspacebar
  • GP Hero
  • Old Age & Treachery will Overcome Youth & Skill
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - BMW R1200RS Sport SE
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 01 October 2017, 12:05:40 pm »

Stayed in several places in Crete, and drive when I,m there, it is a great place to drive so laid back no hassle even on the so called motorway they move over to let you overtake---brilliant place.

Simon.Pieman

• Club Racer
  • Life of Pie
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 01 October 2017, 12:35:40 pm »
Not my video, but I went accross this junction this morning and about a dozen more like this to get out of the city. It's actually surprisingly easy to negotiate and quite a lot of fun.
 I don't know how or why this 'system' works, but it does. You know you've cracked it when you can get accross without stopping and putting your feet down, in fact other riders can anticipate you better if you keep moving.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Gf8_lzCWvq4

tommyardin

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      I don't own a bike
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 01 October 2017, 06:00:33 pm »
Reading about multiple passengers on bike reminded me of some of the stupid stuff we did as youngsters many, many tears ago , you would never get away with it now.

3 or 4 pints of Brown & Mild at the Merry Harriers at Hambledon out onto my BSA B31 (350 Single) billy on the back directly behind me and Freddie Allen behind him facing backward, a quick run (Well as quick as a BSA B 31 would go 3 up) out to the A3 at Milford to the Little Chief for some after beer scran, usually egg burger and chips.
Then all 3 back out on the bike and drop the lads off at their homes then back to Haslemere for me and home to bed.

I recall the look on peoples faces as they looked out of the windows of the Little Chief as we pulled up, was soooooo funny, No skid lids (Not law then) how foccing dangerous? :eek [/size]