Date: 17-04-24  Time: 00:38 am

Author Topic: Derbyshire Camera Vans Colour  (Read 5176 times)

maddog04

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - Pan ST1300
    • View Profile
Re: Derbyshire Camera Vans Colour
« Reply #25 on: 12 September 2017, 11:17:46 am »
to update mine, I have to go to Citroen online and pay, which I'll do shortly once all the new roadworks are completed up our end. You download the update to a USB stick then stick that in the car and it updates the satnav according to the dealer but its never pinged for cameras since day one so I'm at a loss/disappointed as they sold it as a good model. Citroen garage closed and dealership moved and took over by a Peugeot garage (both owned by Citroen BTW) but given recent events over the tyre, I won't be asking them for anything
fire never sleeps

fazersharp

• GP Hero
  • 10 stone Racing Snake
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 98-99
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: 12 September 2017, 11:23:32 am »
to update mine, I have to go to Citroen online and pay, which I'll do shortly once all the new roadworks are completed up our end. You download the update to a USB stick then stick that in the car and it updates the satnav according to the dealer but its never pinged for cameras since day one so I'm at a loss/disappointed as they sold it as a good model. Citroen garage closed and dealership moved and took over by a Peugeot garage (both owned by Citroen BTW) but given recent events over the tyre, I won't be asking them for anything
You can get 3rd party ones off ebay which is what the 2nd hand car garage did
I don't do rain or threat there of. dry rider only with no shame.

Bretty

• WSB Pack Hound
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 00-01
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: 12 September 2017, 02:36:46 pm »
The most recent thing I can find on the web says they have to inform the registered owner within 14days still, else you can contest it.
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/cars/advice/the-truth-about-speeding-fines/

Anyway, I'm weirdly arging for the sake of it.. it's good to know the loopholes.

I managed to avoid a fine after getting clocked by a mobile van on the M4 doing 84 in a 70..
My company responded to them in good time and told them my [the driver] details and sent me an email saying they had done this.
I sent my company an email (and kept a copy) pointing out they had told them my old address.
They told me to leave this with them and they would rectify this...
I also sent my correct details to them with their reference number and all the information they requested...
Nothing...
5months later a policeman calls my company, trying to contact me..

I call him back explain, with evidence what had happened and that I had done everything in my power to rectify this. I also layed it on that I had found all of this, the threat to my license and job very stressfull and I just wanted them to take the necessary action.. Also if they had some discretion I would appreciate it, and perhaps as a first offender I might benefit from a speed awareness course...

Then I heard nothing.. It had obviously gone beyond the 6month period so they could not prosecute me. No action was taken, I heard nothing and forgot all about it...

so my only loophole advice would be to delay the time between getting caught and the final prosecution, perhaps by being as compliant as possible, but by moving addresses a few times during their process. ;-)
« Last Edit: 12 September 2017, 02:38:54 pm by Bretty »
-suck-squeeze-bang-blow-

BBROWN1664

• Administrator
  • GP Hero
  • Should get out more!
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 00-01
    • - Tracer 900
    • View Profile
    • My website
« Reply #28 on: 12 September 2017, 04:11:20 pm »
so with that many roads and multiple opportunities for floating scam vans, he'll never get to know the roads that well. Ultimately, the only way is to keep to the limits, he's not a nutter doing daft speeds but when he's been caught its more like 35 in a 30......60 in a 50

I say van, its a small Berlingo size van not a Tranny

hence, if I can get a detector that works for most cameras I will be giving him a fighting chance. I'd rather he kept to the limit but I'm being realistic

Forget detectors - They are not worth it. The Tomtom solution pings for known camera sites used by the vans too. Just keep it updated.
That said, he is driving a Berlingo. That is a VAN and not a car based van so is bound by the speed limits for vans and not cars - make sure he knows this. This means 50 in NSL's not 60. 60 on dual carriageways, not 70 etc etc.
Another ex-Fazer rider that is a foccer again

Dudeofrude

• GP Hero
  • Rude, Crude and Tattooed
    • Main bike:
      FZ1 Naked Gen2
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: 12 September 2017, 05:35:19 pm »
He good thing about the Tom Toms is that they get their camera data from users as well as official maps. There is an button in the corner of the screen that yiu can press when you see a camera so if enough people report a camera location it starta to appear on the map.
Works great near me when it goes off in the usual camera van places but is damn annoying while driving down the m1, m25 or any other variable limit road as it pings for every single overhead camera where they are on or not haha

maddog04

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - Pan ST1300
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: 13 September 2017, 11:51:33 pm »
BB, you sure about that van thing? I only ask coz we actually have berlingo's in work and there's never been a directive about speed and they're shit hot on that. They've had trackers fitted that record speeds and the only thing they seem arsed about is people doing over 70
e.g....on X occasions we have noted that the speed limit of 70 has been broken with X at 80mph
fire never sleeps

BBROWN1664

• Administrator
  • GP Hero
  • Should get out more!
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 00-01
    • - Tracer 900
    • View Profile
    • My website
« Reply #31 on: 14 September 2017, 09:39:38 am »
Maddog - Car based vans (Fiesta/Corsa/Astra etc) are subject to car speed limits. All other vans (like the Berlingo that was a van before it was a car) are subject to van speed limits.

The thing that used to irritate me a little when I had my transit was I was limited to 60mph (even if I was empty) on the dual carriageways whilst my dad in his transit based camper van could do 70 with all the loose knives behind him.

Details are here and vans come under the goods vehicle section
https://www.gov.uk/speed-limits
Another ex-Fazer rider that is a foccer again

maddog04

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - Pan ST1300
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: 15 September 2017, 07:55:37 pm »
thanks mate, wasn't doubting your knowledge, just really surprised our fleet manager hasn't brought it up given they'll bounce us for anything if they can. He's ex mil so I thought he ran a tight ship :rolleyes
fire never sleeps