Date: 28-03-24  Time: 10:06 am

Author Topic: Will the xjr1300 top yoke fit on my fazer ?  (Read 1021 times)

AzzA1990

• Cager in Training
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 00-01
    • - None
    • View Profile
Will the xjr1300 top yoke fit on my fazer ?
« on: 03 September 2017, 06:13:55 pm »
Hi people first of all I'll start by letting you all know that I'm new here and this is my first post! so go easy on me  :D  I'v been browsing the forum for sometime though and every thing I'v wanted to find out i have been able to without posting a new topic so all good!

My question is would anyone happen to know if the xjr1300 top yoke would fit onto the fazer? (2001 5dm boxeye) Reason being is that I'm going for the naked front / streetfighter look what ever it's called now days due to excessive front fairing damage, I'm only wondering if the xjr top yoke will fit because I'm having a little difficulty mounting my speedo, i do have it mounted at the minute but I'm not entirely happy with it and the xjr top yoke has the speedo mounts on which i think i could make good use out of

I have been looking at pictures on eBay and although they look slightly different aesthetically it does look although it'll fit

Many thanks in advance! 

Ruby Racing

• Club Racer
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 98-99
    • - Kawasaki ZRX1200R
    • View Profile
Re: Will the xjr1300 top yoke fit on my fazer ?
« Reply #1 on: 03 September 2017, 06:29:51 pm »
Some important things to consider:

The distance between the fork centres need to be the same or the axle will not work. May just need different spacers, but probably a new axle as well. Also think about wether the calipers will hit the wheel if the forks on the XJR are closer.

The fork offset may be different and that can affect the handling. Measure the distance between the centre of the stem nut and the centres of the fork tops.

The lock stops may be in completely different places.

The fork tube diameters may be completely different.

The mounts for the ignition key may not be compatible, or may put the ignition in a place where it will hit stuff.

Probably some other issues to check as well!
Feel the Fear and do it anyway!

Read about my Project Ruby Racer - FZS 600 Custom build Click this link > > > http://foc-u.co.uk/index.php/topic,10613.0.html

Disorderlypunk

• WSB Pack Hound
  • riding till i die (or breakdown)
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - fazer stolen - gsx1100 rebuild
    • View Profile
    • disorderly punks motovlog
« Reply #2 on: 03 September 2017, 07:37:49 pm »
myself and RUBY (above) created a alluminium bracket to mount new koso (or my koso copy) onto our top yokes
before i had my koso i just chopped half the fairing bracket to hold the oem speedo inplace at first
make sure to have a good read throughh rubys blog its well worth it
and you can see what i did to my fairing cage as a temp measure in
(it was bent to buggery due to being dropped)

Ruby Racing

• Club Racer
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 98-99
    • - Kawasaki ZRX1200R
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 03 September 2017, 09:28:08 pm »
myself and RUBY (above) created a alluminium bracket to mount new koso (or my koso copy) onto our top yokes
before i had my koso i just chopped half the fairing bracket to hold the oem speedo inplace at first
make sure to have a good read throughh rubys blog its well worth it
and you can see what i did to my fairing cage as a temp measure in
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3ywO2CfWJx4 (it was bent to buggery due to being dropped)

Cheers Disorderlypunk.
Feel the Fear and do it anyway!

Read about my Project Ruby Racer - FZS 600 Custom build Click this link > > > http://foc-u.co.uk/index.php/topic,10613.0.html

AzzA1990

• Cager in Training
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 00-01
    • - None
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 15 September 2017, 11:30:59 am »
Sorry for the delayed response back, thank you for your replies, i did find out though the xjr1300 top yoke won't fit onto the fazer without the bottom yoke and fork legs due to the fork legs being 43mm and not 41mm, i wanted an easier solution for mounting my speedo, oh well back to the drawing board!