Date: 28-03-24  Time: 17:39 pm

Author Topic: New FZS Fazer owner  (Read 1483 times)

F4celess

• Club Racer
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 98-99
    • View Profile
New FZS Fazer owner
« on: 30 August 2017, 09:20:58 am »
Hello all,

Just registered, thought it the polite thing to do :)
Picked up my (FZS) Fazer about a month ago.

Have for a long time fancied a "naked" bike - the Fazer won, after mulling over the usual favourites... Bandits, Hornets, unfaired Sports bikes, etc.
My previous bike was a Ninja ZX6R Supersport.

Loving the Fazer, have already started on some subtle styling changes, to "enhance" / modernise.
Losing the 90's fairing (ok not so subtle), installed a KOSO Digital Speedo, new Headlight, (Streetfighter oriented tweaks)...

Looks a great active forum, looking forward to spending more time here! Cheers.

FILZ6

• Weekend Warrior
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 02-03
    • - Kawasaki Z1000sx
    • View Profile
Re: New FZS Fazer owner
« Reply #1 on: 04 September 2017, 08:25:09 am »
Hello.
Yeah nice helpful forum going on here.
Keep us all up to date with your mods etc. Its good to know what other people are doing, trying out.
Photos are a nice addition though. ☺

F4celess

• Club Racer
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 98-99
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 04 September 2017, 10:19:59 am »
Thanks for your response FILZ6 .

Will drop a few Posts on any (major) Mods that take place.  :thumbup
Although I'm sure it's been done a 1000+ times already. :)  (removing fairing / aftermarket headlight etc. Then it comes down to more subtle 'upgrades')...

When I had the ZX6R, you don't really remove the fairings, unless the bike gets trashed. Then without fairings, ppl tend to know its a Sports bike that's likely slid down the road a few times.  :D

However the Fazer appears best of both worlds. "Naked" from the start, plus with Sports looks/performance thrown in. Certainly offers alot more scope.  8)

Wilko83

• Cager in Training
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 05 September 2017, 01:32:49 pm »
Hi

What year Fazer Do you have?

I want to change the clocks on mine to a more digital version if possible

Chris

F4celess

• Club Racer
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 98-99
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 05 September 2017, 03:11:39 pm »
Hi

What year Fazer Do you have?

I want to change the clocks on mine to a more digital version if possible

Chris

Hi Chris, mine is a 99 FZS 600.

KOSO are the brand to look into, if you want a great quality, reliable Digital speedo unit.
There are loads of Chinese "clones" selling on ebay that look very similar. MUCH cheaper. However their reliability and build quality are questionable.

There are also Speedo units that offer 20+ functions, however when you look at what you are presented with on the standard Yamaha speedo, there's only several features/sensor readings. So I saw no reason to go for something OTT, where only half the Dials and warning lights will actually be utilised.

You'd tap into the original Speedo wiring loom. I soldered my connections, so the original Connector is still present + functional (if ever needed).

Wilko83

• Cager in Training
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 05 September 2017, 08:01:28 pm »
Cheers

I have 2000 Fazer. Clocks have been butchered on.

Could you post a pic if what they look like? Also how did u mount them?

Waterhouse

• DAS Born Again
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 98-99
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 05 September 2017, 08:51:35 pm »
Welcome f4celess

Great forum lots of good advice and lots more banter
Fairly new myself

A lot of great pictures of peoples bikes and upgrades and also places where people have visited.
 If there's something that some people on here don't know it's probably not worth knowing

Get some pictures on with your bike and your upgrades. Interested in what clocks you have. Been looking at a few mods myself

F4celess

• Club Racer
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 98-99
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 06 September 2017, 01:11:56 pm »
Cheers Waterhouse, agreed, this site offers masses of knowledge and information. A lot of inspiration too.
Appear a great bunch on here. :)

I went for the KOSO DB-01RN (new model). Fully digital display (no big round analogue dials etc).
I mounted the Speedo using 2 custom made brackets, out of aluminium strip, held in place by the Handlebar clamps.

(note the sticky plastic film is still over the display below, hence the little air bubbles, otherwise its mint!) :)
You can customise which information to see, also switch between functions, using the 2 buttons at the bottom.

« Last Edit: 07 September 2017, 02:44:50 pm by F4celess »