Date: 29-03-24  Time: 12:00 pm

Author Topic: How to streetfighter my fz6  (Read 1562 times)

Charliefz6

• Cager in Training
    • View Profile
How to streetfighter my fz6
« on: 25 August 2017, 01:23:03 pm »
Hi folks what would i need to streetfighter my fz6 as the front end is bike a bus lol anyone got any links to the light i would need to buy and is it a hard job thanks

Wilko83

• Cager in Training
    • View Profile
Re: How to streetfighter my fz6
« Reply #1 on: 13 October 2017, 01:52:57 pm »
Hi Charlie see a pic of mine below

I didn't do the work I bought it like this however I do believe it is quite simple with most street-fighter kits coming with clamps etc. Wiring would be the only mess on

mr self destruct

• WSB Pack Hound
  • Riding without a crash since 24-04-15
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 02-03
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 13 October 2017, 04:19:26 pm »
Wouldn't it be easier to sell it and buy an fz6n? No insurance worries about modifying your bike then.
Broken, bruised, forgotten, sore,
too fucked up to care any more.

BBROWN1664

• Administrator
  • GP Hero
  • Should get out more!
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 00-01
    • - Tracer 900
    • View Profile
    • My website
« Reply #3 on: 24 October 2017, 06:20:20 pm »
Wouldn't it be easier to sell it and buy an fz6n? No insurance worries about modifying your bike then.

:agree
Another ex-Fazer rider that is a foccer again

F4celess

• Club Racer
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 98-99
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 25 October 2017, 09:07:53 am »
Hi Charlie see a pic of mine below

I didn't do the work I bought it like this however I do believe it is quite simple with most street-fighter kits coming with clamps etc. Wiring would be the only mess on

You don't even need to buy a "streetfighter kit", just take a few measurements of the width of the Forks, towards the top (with front fairing removed).
Then look for a suitable Light unit that you like. Ensure it has the necessary mounting points on the sides, for a set of Fork brackets, to secure it in place.

Having lost the original fairing, you'll then need somewhere to mount the front indicators. The said fork brackets often have holes for mounting aftermarket indicators too.

There's so many ways to do it, start by carefully removing your front fairing (which you could put back on if not happy - or sell, to recoup some funds towards this these modifications), and see what you have behind, plus commence from there... Headlight wiring loom would also likely need tidying up, as it'll be long, to reach through the fairing for the Lights.