Date: 28-03-24  Time: 13:06 pm

Author Topic: moto gp  (Read 3320 times)

fatbloke62

• Weekend Warrior
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
moto gp
« on: 24 August 2017, 07:42:36 pm »
Anyone going to Silverstone this weekend ?

robbo

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - Mk 1 Speed Triple
    • View Profile
Re: moto gp
« Reply #1 on: 24 August 2017, 09:00:38 pm »
It'll be the tv for me. Loved the GP at Donington Park, but Silverstone isn't that great for spectators in my opinion. Now that the circuit being built in Wales has ground to a halt, it will stay at Silverstone, unless the necessary improvements at Donny can be afforded. It will be Le Mans next year for my next live GP.
Whizz kid sitting pretty on his two wheeled stallion.

Waterhouse

• DAS Born Again
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 98-99
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 29 August 2017, 12:28:56 pm »
Gp was good race at silverstone gutted to see Rossi lose it on the last few laps
Slight smile when Marquez saw smoke tho his dad is good for everyone else :)

So...

Come on then who do we think will win this year and who do we want to win

For me always want Rossi to win
but I think dovi will have a Moto gp title to his name come the end of the year

Waterhouse

• DAS Born Again
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 98-99
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 01 September 2017, 09:00:37 am »
Maybe my hopes of Rossi getting a tenth title are over for another year. I hear a Moto ranch accident and a broken tibia and fibula are to blame.

Stil surprised the Moto gp bosses and the Yamaha / honda / Ducati bosses. Still allow this kind of training. It seems that there are more accidents and injuries in these training than there is on track practice sessions.

Edmund

• DAS Born Again
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - Kz750Twin G1
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 01 September 2017, 10:48:56 pm »
Well rossi won't be doing any riding for a while with a busted leg.

Waterhouse

• DAS Born Again
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 98-99
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 02 September 2017, 09:48:27 am »
30/40 days aparently. So miss a couple of races title hopes gone with it. I think he had a slim chance anyway but that's gone

lew600fazer

• GP Hero
  • There is only one form of racing, road racing.
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - 2017 MT-09 Tracer ABS
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 02 September 2017, 12:04:27 pm »
Time Rossi moved over and gave up the seat for  some young gun , been a great competitor and champion but time and tide waits for no man.
MT-09 Tracer for those who no longer can handle a BIG boy Fazer

Graham53

• WSB Pack Hound
    • Main bike:
      FZ1 Faired Gen2
    • - FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 03 September 2017, 02:48:00 pm »
Time Rossi moved over and gave up the seat for  some young gun , been a great competitor and champion but time and tide waits for no man.

Trouble is that the "young gun" will end up being a Spanish robot, I don't agree with your view it's time for him to move over he's 4th in the championship with a win and podiums so far on a bike thats not the best M1 ever and  granted now with a broken tib/fib but that can happen to any age rider, would you say the same about Pedrosa ? And he's 5th or Cal Crutchlow. Also have you noticed the yellow in the stands at all the tracks around the world, who they gonna support when he goes ?

Waterhouse

• DAS Born Again
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 98-99
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 03 September 2017, 07:36:54 pm »
Don't get me started on pedrosa. I don't think he should stil have the bike he's on he's been a factory honda rider for so long and never won a title. When u have the likes of folger zarco vineales crutchlow lowes. All decent riders on satellite bikes.

When we have had people come up to a factory bike do alright only to get replaced without a fare shot.

Probably to do with repsol wanting a Spanish rider. I'm to believe if not for the retirement of stoner then he would of been gone with Marquez been his replacement. Also think given different circumstances simoncelli would of been world champ by now on a factory repsol Honda.

ozpom

• FOC-U Knife wielding Psycho
  • GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 00-01
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 07 September 2017, 11:31:37 pm »
Pedrosa is a leach. He never wins championships, he just takes points away from championship contenders.

I'd pay good money to see Crutchlow on the second Honda but I think you're right that there's no chance with Repsol as their major sponsor.
Sadness is just another word for not enough coffee

Nemesis

• Weekend Warrior
    • Main bike:
      FZ1 Faired Gen2
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 08 September 2017, 12:02:49 am »
Think that's part of the Honda plan to rob other teams of valuable points, still been a good year to watch it thou, Pat on the back to Dovi,not a fan of Silverstone track watched moto gp and bsb there, donnington is far better for being a spectator. I was really hoping Vinales would come back after a cracking start to season. anyway practice starts today enjoy  :D

robbo

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - Mk 1 Speed Triple
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 08 September 2017, 10:46:10 am »
Apparently Cal has severed a tendon in his hand with a knife, hopefully his medical team can work some magic.
Whizz kid sitting pretty on his two wheeled stallion.

Waterhouse

• DAS Born Again
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 98-99
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 16 September 2017, 09:43:27 pm »
Yes donnington a much better track built for bikes. I think silverstone is alright but definatly suits f1 more than motorbikes.

Fingers crossed donnington can pull it off and put a decent bid in to hold the gp there for a few years. Will bring the crowds back in. I read silverstone was down 17000 in attendance from last years gp. Circuit of wales seems to be a no go and silverstone lacks atmosphere for me. Would be nice seeing the go boys over the mountain at cadwel tho ;)

To be fair I think repsol having Marquez as the number one rider wouldn't be bothered losing  pedrosa. And I think crutchlow would be the ideal replacement. Already proven he has what it takes. Numerous podiums on a satellite Yamaha ( forget the Ducati year but you could name a few top riders who want to forget Ducati years ) and a podium finisher  and two race winner on a satellite Honda. If that doesn't make him worthy of a full factory repsol Honda what does.

With the level of Brit riders in the gp at the moment and the start of the British rookie cup and Moto 3 team would be great to see a top level British rider on a top bike. Shame he couldn't of replaced Lorenzo and stayed at Yamaha tho

Anyone know how to get a petition going for that if sign ................

* Crash.Net racing newsfeeds

MotoGP

World Superbikes

British Superbikes

RSS to JavaScript