Date: 23-04-24  Time: 23:39 pm

Author Topic: Bluetooth Headsets?  (Read 1019 times)

Bretty

• WSB Pack Hound
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 00-01
    • View Profile
Bluetooth Headsets?
« on: 23 August 2017, 10:17:13 am »
I see that this topic hasn't come up for a while.

I was considering getting a sub-£100 Bluetooth headset for my helmet. Prompted recently by an upcoming tour with a mate.

Does anyone have any recommendations?

Am I right in my understanding that the intercom function does not work universally between different branded headsets? So to speak/connect to my mate I'll need to have an intercom of the same make?

Thanks,

Brett
-suck-squeeze-bang-blow-

Fazafou

• Club Racer
    • Main bike:
      FZ1 Faired Gen2
    • View Profile
Re: Bluetooth Headsets?
« Reply #1 on: 23 August 2017, 03:57:12 pm »
Most of the time you need the same make to be sure.  What make does your mate have?

I have a Scala Rider Q1 and it says it "may" work with some others, but I haven't tried it so can't confirm.

Do you want to spend 100 notes on 2 headsets so you can talk to each other (unlikely for a decent make), or simply have one for music/sat nav/phone etc and the intercom just a 'nice to have'?

I find the Scala is a great headset and it's been battered for years of touring with no issues.  A mate has a Sena and say's that's pretty good too.

An alternative if you only want to have the odd conversation is to set each others mobile numbers up as your hotdial number, then you simply call each other with an easy button press.  The phone quality on the Scala and Sena is like you're in a quiet room, amazing how they cancel the noise of the wind.

robbo

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - Mk 1 Speed Triple
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 23 August 2017, 10:36:51 pm »
I don't know how to post links,but on ebay there's a pair with a 1200 metre range £58.99 plus £3.99 postage.
"Interphone V6 1200M 6 Riders Motorcycle Bluetooth Helmet Intercomm".
I was planning on getting these to use with my satnav, but other expenses got in the way. Hope this helps.
Whizz kid sitting pretty on his two wheeled stallion.

pointer2null

• Ye canna' change the laws of physics!
  • GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - NC750X
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 28 August 2017, 10:18:28 am »
Got a couple of these:

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B01KNWNTVQ

For a £40 unit I'm really impressed. Battery life is excellent as is sound. The intercom works a treat as well, although I think the 800m range is pushing it a little. Did a 3 hour ride with Drew and had the intercom channel open the whole time - battery not even down to 50%.