Date: 20-04-24  Time: 00:31 am

Author Topic: location location loaction  (Read 1384 times)

Waterhouse

• DAS Born Again
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 98-99
    • View Profile
location location loaction
« on: 23 August 2017, 07:15:19 am »
Where is everyone based then.

What's the best local roads bike pubs and run outs near by

Best motorbike trip been on or would like to go on.

Pics of bikes or views from trips very welcome.

Waterhouse

• DAS Born Again
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 98-99
    • View Profile
Re: location location loaction
« Reply #1 on: 23 August 2017, 07:19:14 am »
Myself I'm based in bingley West Yorkshire. Made famous by 5 rise locks and Ian Hutchinson. Nearest ride outs to me are the sun inn at Norwood and squires cafe bar sherban in ellmet. Lots of nice country roads in surrounding areas once you get out of the towns where you can get opened up or equally stuck behind a tractor. Abit further a field is hawes and Kirkby londsdale ( devils bridge)
« Last Edit: 23 August 2017, 07:21:28 am by Waterhouse »

Tefer

• Club Racer
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 98-99
    • - FZS1000 2003
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 23 August 2017, 08:26:20 am »
I am based in Winchburgh in West Lothian, Scotland. (Not sure if famous for anything apart from amounts of shale)

Nearest cafe would be Bikers Cove in South Queensferry, but at only 3 miles its a bit to close for me so i am never there. We have the Leadburn Inn that holds bikes meets throughout the year and is a nice run via the back roads. We also have a few bike nights recently started in Perth and Fife.

Plenty of roads in Scotland, suppose a firm favourite would be up to the Green Welly via Callander but the best road lay to the north of this.

My second trip to Europe is probably my best, first was a wash out. Seeing different countries by bike was great. I used to go down to Bentham with a pal who's brother had a caravan there, that was good fun, need to do that again soon.

Four Wheels Moves The Body... Two Wheels Moves The Soul

Fazerider

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 98-99
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 23 August 2017, 11:57:39 am »
You can add your location to your profile, then you’ll appear on the Member Map… where you can see where everyone else is. (Well, everyone who’s discovered how to do this and is not too cautious about publicising roughly where they live.)

Waterhouse

• DAS Born Again
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 98-99
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 24 August 2017, 08:46:55 am »
Yeah done that and I've seen others with maps. But the pin on the map doesn't show people experiences and cafe/pubs people like to attend giving us all ideas for future rides out place to stop for a brew or a feed. Good roads as recommended from other bikers.

YamFazFan

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 24 August 2017, 09:14:53 am »
Cambridge. Where all the motorcycle dealers closed down and you can get a one bedroom flat for the price of a 12 bedroom mansion up north 🙂

gicut58

• CBT Wobbler
  • gicut58
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - Versys 650
    • View Profile
    • gicut58
« Reply #6 on: 24 August 2017, 10:08:08 am »
St Neots area, where houses are only half the price they are in Cambridge  :lol

Best place I've been for a bacon butty recently is Kinlochewe Service Station - https://www.kinlocheweservices.co.uk/
Ex - FZS600 ‘03,  now Versys 650 '14
Status S2, GB Shuttle 6.0,TC Helicon, Cubase an' other stuff