Date: 16-04-24  Time: 19:16 pm

Author Topic: hi from enfield  (Read 594 times)

Macfab1971

• Cager in Training
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 98-99
    • View Profile
hi from enfield
« on: 18 August 2017, 06:14:10 pm »

hi all
 its my first time on here so I hope I'm doing this right
iv had a 99 fazer 600 for 12yrs and its never let me down .
Recently went for a weekend jount down the coast and managed to over fill the engine oil so that my brother in law got most of it over  his fireblade .
when I got back I went to give the old girl a full service but to my dismay the drive chain snapped on start up.
I'm looking for a fzr 1000 know I'm a bigboy and I need the extra grunt.I just wanted to first ask if anyone on here could advise me on a price for my bike as is its done 44k on a v plate and if I could drum up some deposit for another bike it would be very grateful.
thanks for reading I'm gonna have another nose at previous chats macfab1971

Fazerider

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 98-99
    • View Profile
Re: hi from enfield
« Reply #1 on: 18 August 2017, 06:59:57 pm »

Welcome.
That’s rather a “how long is a piece of string?” sort of question. Mileage is low, but even that figure puts a lot of people off. Beyond that, condition is everything... from the information supplied, it sounds like it might be poorly looked after and possibly with damage to the casings and generator.
It may have had loads of TLC and been maintained regardless of cost, but your description puts it in barge-pole territory for the moment.

robbo

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - Mk 1 Speed Triple
    • View Profile
Re: hi from enfield
« Reply #2 on: 18 August 2017, 07:54:39 pm »
Hi and welcome,
That's a shame that your 600 has gone terminal. There's plenty of value in your bike for someone who would have the time and space to break it as there's always requests on here,for example, for used parts, depending on condition.
Good luck with your search for a thou,hopeful there's one out there with your name on it . :thumbup
Whizz kid sitting pretty on his two wheeled stallion.