Date: 29-03-24  Time: 00:39 am

Author Topic: At last my bike runs properly after a year & 5 carbs on off on off on off  (Read 990 times)

bikemad

• Weekend Warrior
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 00-01
    • View Profile
Fucking carbs & modern fuel 😡 going back to last year when I 1st got my 2nd Boxeye the carbs have played up !
The originals I had off twice for cleaning then tried an old set off a donor bike I used for other spares,they are not great but confirmed the O rings where shot & my bike DID run  :rolleyes
So third time originals back on it ran ok (ish) always had a flat spot & could be a git to start from cold.
I then tried a later (forth) set from an 03 bike,it was better but still not perfect,not sure how they are jetted ?
So now I've now got another (fifth) set from another Boxeye & since a though clean it's finally rideable at low speed,in traffic doesn't stutter,no flat spots just pulls cleanly off the throttle.

I can get carbs off so quickly I know the sequence in my sleep  :rollin

I'm actually going to keep the bike now was on the verge of selling up ! So I'll fit the R6 shock & hid headlights sat waiting plus maybe upgrade the forks too 😎
Stuff everything I've always got my bike :)

BBROWN1664

• Administrator
  • GP Hero
  • Should get out more!
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 00-01
    • - Tracer 900
    • View Profile
    • My website
getting the carbs off quickly is easy. Getting them back in takes a bit more time though with the airbox rubbers :pokefun

Glad you have it sorted now though. If getting the carbs back in was as easy as getting them out I would have had a look at my cam chain tensioner by now.
Another ex-Fazer rider that is a foccer again

celticdog

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 98-99
    • View Profile
getting the carbs off quickly is easy. Getting them back in takes a bit more time though with the airbox rubbers :pokefun

Glad you have it sorted now though. If getting the carbs back in was as easy as getting them out I would have had a look at my cam chain tensioner by now.

I've never took the carbs off the fazer and don't plan to do so if I can avoid it. Had plenty of bad experiences with the carbs on other bikes I've owned. Yes fucking carbs and modern fuel 😡
Treat everything in life the way a dog would- if you can't eat it or foc it, forget it.