Bikes, Hints'n'Tips > Fazer 1000/FZ1 corner

Fazer 1000 nitron or hyperpro whatever rear shock ??

(1/8) > >>

cl1ve2004:
just had a mini windfall (tax ha ha ) got £400 ish which I'd like to spend on rear shocker..Anyone got advice or preference.. preferably coz they have one :rollin ...any make (already got the R6 one fitted)other than the above ??

Cheers
Clive

NorthWestern:
Tbh you would not notice a difference even if you fit an ohlins ttx.  I would get the r6 shock serviced/setup and a spring to suit you (if not already).

celticbiker:
I am a big fan of Nitron shocks, It's the first thing I do to any bike I own. Nitron rear shock and fork internals to match.

PieEater:
I'm another fan of Nitron shocks, mine transformed the handling of my GEN1 coming from the OEM shock. I am inclined though to agree with NorthWestern I'm not sure that the outlay of ~£600 is going to be worth it as you already have a fairly decent replacement. Getting the R6 shock serviced and resprung if appropriate would be a good move if it's more than a couple of years old, and spend the change on getting the forks sorted or getting the bike Ivanised if you haven't already.

tommyardin:
Yet one more Nitron fan.
I fitted the Nitron R1 shock to my FZS600 last winter + other mods to the front forks.

The Nitron R1 was built for me by Nitron and built to suit my rider weight fully clothed ready to ride, it was set up perfectly with just the tiniest adjustment because I have lost about a stone in weight since it was built.

The ride is plush with the rebound damping so much better than the Yamaha shock, the back wheel returns to the neutral position fast but the wheel stays in contact with the road, the bottoming out that was happening when riding two up has disappeared, as has the getting thrown off the saddle when hitting large fast bumps.
As I have heard others say a decent shock on the back just highlights the cheap front forks.
There are things that can be done that will help the front end situation, but it will cost you another £150. The Nitron was approx £450

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version