Date: 16-04-24  Time: 18:38 pm

Author Topic: I made it here :)  (Read 6851 times)

Tori

• Tent Pole Erector / Truck Hunter
  • GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZ6 04-06
    • View Profile
I made it here :)
« on: 29 December 2010, 04:58:28 pm »
Do we still need access for bmf corner? I'll copy over posts that are applicable if it helps? (if I can get in?)

Looks a bit plain in here. I'm guessing it's just the basics right now though?

Also, apparently someone has copied posts into diesels and lawnmowers but I can't view anything in there? is that just me being thick?

Tori

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZ6 04-06
    • View Profile
Re: I made it here :)
« Reply #1 on: 29 December 2010, 05:02:39 pm »
Am I being thick again...fz6 stuff in articles? Not in fz6 specific stuff? If I'm not helping please say lol

Farjo

• Consultor de administración
  • GP Hero
  • Admin alumni
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 02-03
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 29 December 2010, 05:33:31 pm »
No, you're definitely helping - everything you get confused by will confuse everyone else, so best get them sorted now.

The BMF corner access is on my to do list, but yes it will be helpful to copy whatever stuff across.

Yes it is only the bare bones - I want people to add things to the gallery, documents, links, etc etc.

MikeRBiker (and others) has copied some of the stickies from the old site and they're all in the Articles forum for the minute. They will go on another menu item, as will the FZ6 stickies. Once that's set up it will make more sense.

Tori

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZ6 04-06
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 29 December 2010, 05:38:38 pm »
I see :) Ok, I'll see if I can find some bmf stuff for the gallery and will keep asking dumb questions  :lol

Farjo

• GP Hero
  • Admin alumni
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 02-03
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 30 December 2010, 03:58:05 am »
You're now the moderator of the BMF corner so you will not be able to see that forum. You can hide the redirecting one in your profile under Ignore Boards.

Nobody else has access at the minute and I won't know the best way to do this until much later (it depends what modifications are available when the software goes live).

But anyway it's there and you can copy over what needs to be copied.

Tori

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZ6 04-06
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 30 December 2010, 10:34:35 am »
I'm now even more confused. I'm a mod, but I can't see the forum? But I can move posts? If I can't see where I'm supposed to be how can I move anything? There is no post topic when I open the bmf bit so I'm a bit lost as to what you're asking me to do?

I'm going to be more of a hinderance here! lol

Farjo

• GP Hero
  • Admin alumni
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 02-03
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 30 December 2010, 04:24:08 pm »
I'm not sure what you're saying. "I can't see the forum" / "when I open the bmf bit" - can you see and get into the 'BMF Members' forum? You say you can move posts, but there are no posts in there. Are you saying you can now move posts in the rest of the board?

Tori it's all new to me too and things will be set up incorrectly. You just need to tell me what's wrong so I can make changes.

Tori

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZ6 04-06
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 30 December 2010, 04:46:28 pm »
When I click on BMF, all I see is the affliation thread you wrote. No 'new thread' or anything like that. I can't actually do anything in there, sorry! Maybe a glitch?

I understand it's all new, I'm just an idiot lol. And you're doing a great job x

Farjo

• GP Hero
  • Admin alumni
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 02-03
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 30 December 2010, 04:58:57 pm »
No you're not an idiot - it's just set-up. I'll never think any of you are idiots.

Thanks for the explanation that's much clearer :)

Right, you should be able to see 2 forums - the 'BMF' forum which goes to a page showing how to join, and also the 'BMF Members' forum which will contain the posts. You should have mod rights to the 'BMF Members' forum (but let me know).

You should also have 'Moderate' as a menu option across the top of the site. Among other things this will allow you to add members to the BMF group, being a member of which allows access to the BMF Members board.

Quite a lot to get used to!!

If any of this is not working or unclear let me know - just explain what isn't working or what you don't understand.

Tori

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZ6 04-06
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 30 December 2010, 11:05:59 pm »
I can only see one forum named BMF in bits and bobs. I get the 'moderate' tab at the top ok and can get in their ok to see settings etc.

I can see no bmf members forum, and nowhere I can actually post. I only see your affliation message.

Tori

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZ6 04-06
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 30 December 2010, 11:13:12 pm »
Ahh hang on, blimey, after clicking through a few tabs Ive found something! But only via 'moderate' (So how will members find it if they're not mods? Or is that what's still to come?) Then member groups, bmf member etc. It's a bit long winded! Still it's not the forum where I can post anything, just controls for the members etc.

Farjo

• GP Hero
  • Admin alumni
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 02-03
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 31 December 2010, 03:16:16 am »
Sorry - I made a mistake in the set-up (you must think I'm an idiot!). Please have another look - it should be right below the BMF one.

Tori

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZ6 04-06
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 31 December 2010, 11:41:52 am »
 :rollin   :rollin What would you do without me eh?! LOL

Just taking a peek now thanks.

Tori

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZ6 04-06
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 31 December 2010, 11:53:16 am »
All fairly straight forward I think now. I've copied over a couple of posts, and worked out how to sticky them (I'm getting better, are you impressed?!)

I've also worked out I can now give members access without having to bother you all the time so that's great. I've added Aegis as he's the only bmf member that's come over to the new site so far.

Thanks for being patient. top job I think. I do miss the blue though :( I looks a bit like alot of other forums now. I'll have a look through the options and see what I can find.

Farjo

• GP Hero
  • Admin alumni
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 02-03
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 01 January 2011, 01:29:27 am »
:thumbup We just need to get Aegis back on here to make sure it's all working.

The colour scheme is determined by the 'Theme'. You can change the theme on the home page, on the left and down a bit. There's a couple of blue ones available if that's what you want. I should point out however that the site used to be grey and when it went blue people wanted to go back. And then when were were moved from ezboard to Yuku the blueness changed shade and people wanted to go back. So I hope that people will get used to whatever theme we select (I may have a vote on it).

Username

• CBT Wobbler
  • Status - Intergalactic GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - FS1E - Raleigh Chopper
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: 30 June 2011, 01:09:08 pm »
Merry Christmas 2011 one and all
It's like waking up from a bad dream to find you are in a nightmare....