Date: 19-04-24  Time: 22:53 pm

Author Topic: mod advice? any for sale?  (Read 1844 times)

philpain

• Cager in Training
    • Main bike:
      FZ6 04-06
    • View Profile
mod advice? any for sale?
« on: 22 July 2017, 04:00:47 pm »
Hi Peeps

I am new to the forum, I used to ride a lot but had a break for 11 years, im looking to improve my recently purchased 2007 fz6 fs1 I beleive.

the last time I owned a bike I dont rember mods be sooooo expensive,,

any way I am after advice on removing the throttle restrictor so can in crease the bhp from 70 odd upto to 98, can i just cut bend it or do I need to anything else to go along with that?

also I am interested in an exhaust system and a Power commander if there are any for sale, I am located in London..new ones seem awfulfully expensive, apart from thDominator and Delkevc systems, are they any good?
also the is there cheaper alternativ to the dynojet powercommander?

sorry I know its a lot of questions? :)

cheers
Phil

Grahamm

• Global Moderator
  • GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZ6 04-06
    • View Profile
    • Affordable Leather Products
Re: mod advice? any for sale?
« Reply #1 on: 25 July 2017, 12:57:24 am »
I have the Power Commander III on my FZ6, it's great for removing the "hole" in the power curve around 5-6000 RPM that is only there so Yamaha could get better emissions figures during testing :(

philpain

• Cager in Training
    • Main bike:
      FZ6 04-06
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 27 July 2017, 10:55:05 am »
cheers for the input Graham..

FILZ6

• Weekend Warrior
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 02-03
    • - Kawasaki Z1000sx
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 27 July 2017, 01:10:44 pm »
Hello Phil.

In your post you mention a throttle restrictor, I am not aware of one on my bike. Can you give us more info.

I have a Leo Vince cans and de cat pipe on mine, sounds awesome even with the baffles in.

I used to have a CBR600 with a Delkevic system on, Very good quality, perfect fit, really nice sound even with the baffle in. So can recommend them. Alas if you buy new, all exhaust systems are expensive.

I have no experience with power commanders, some people recommend ditching the O2 sensor if you fit cans, thinking of doing that myself.
If your bike is early FZ6 it may not have an O2 sensor fitted. Somebody else on the forum may have a better idea and experience of these things with a bit of luck, and may point us in the right direction.

Take care out there.
Cheers.
Phil :)

philpain

• Cager in Training
    • Main bike:
      FZ6 04-06
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 27 July 2017, 02:14:08 pm »
Hi Phil

I have seen the Delkevic cans for £249.99 and the dominators a little cheaper, pretty reasonable considering the cost of some other systems, so I am definetly leaning that way..

I have a decat pipe already purchased, think i am going to put it on over the weekend on cost me £20 plus del.. (bargain)

in regards to the restricted throttle it was something I read on a different forum apparantly there is a throttle restriction droping the bike down to 78bhp, something to with european regs but only affected 2006\7 models of the s1. happy to post a link if you are interested.

cheers
Phil

FILZ6

• Weekend Warrior
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 02-03
    • - Kawasaki Z1000sx
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 27 July 2017, 07:13:14 pm »
Hello Phil.

Yeah de cat pipe was a bargain.

I think with the price of the exhaust is that you are buying two cans plus the associated link pipework really. Instead of one can and link pipe.

My bike is a 58 registered S2 so the restriction probably doesn't apply, it certainly doesn't feel like it's got a restriction, well apart from the fact I have just downsized from the 1000. lol.

Good luck with your new bike, and keep us all posted with whatever mods you get up to.

Cheers mate.

Phil  :)