Date: 24-04-24  Time: 15:57 pm

Author Topic: Boxeye aftermarket screens  (Read 1427 times)

Grant1Shepherd

• Weekend Warrior
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 00-01
    • View Profile
Boxeye aftermarket screens
« on: 15 July 2017, 07:13:05 pm »
Hey guys

Looking to replace the standard screen on my boxeye FZS 600, was wondering what everyone's got or come across before?

Any links as well would be much appreciated.

Thanks in advance guys  :)

fazersharp

• GP Hero
  • 10 stone Racing Snake
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 98-99
    • View Profile
Re: Boxeye aftermarket screens
« Reply #1 on: 15 July 2017, 10:38:34 pm »
Most people who change end up with a double bubble with the intention of reducing wind blast but there are mixed experiences report on what if any difference they make I believe on the foxeye they make more difference than the boxeye. I have a DB screen on my boxeye and I found there is no difference in wind blast.   
I don't do rain or threat there of. dry rider only with no shame.

Grant1Shepherd

• Weekend Warrior
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 00-01
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 15 July 2017, 10:40:54 pm »
Most people who change end up with a double bubble with the intention of reducing wind blast but there are mixed experiences report on what if any difference they make I believe on the foxeye they make more difference than the boxeye. I have a DB screen on my boxeye and I found there is no difference in wind blast.   

I'm not really after any performance boost I literally just want a nicer looking screen that's all  :lol

fazersharp

• GP Hero
  • 10 stone Racing Snake
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 98-99
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 15 July 2017, 11:05:59 pm »
Most people who change end up with a double bubble with the intention of reducing wind blast but there are mixed experiences report on what if any difference they make I believe on the foxeye they make more difference than the boxeye. I have a DB screen on my boxeye and I found thsere is no difference in wind blast.   

I'm not really after any performance boost I literally just want a nicer looking screen that's all  :lol
IMO none of them look better (nicer) - unless you have a blue bike and you fit an irridium screen with a blue base --- I think that works. Your bike being red I think you can get irridium red ones
I don't do rain or threat there of. dry rider only with no shame.

jonesthesteam

• Weekend Warrior
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - Currently Fazerless
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 16 July 2017, 05:52:38 pm »
Always put a Ffabri screen on my Boxeyes, imo it suited the bike the best and aided wind blast (a little)

Grant1Shepherd

• Weekend Warrior
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 00-01
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 16 July 2017, 08:31:41 pm »
Always put a Ffabri screen on my Boxeyes, imo it suited the bike the best and aided wind blast (a little)

Yeah that looks mint

Bretty

• WSB Pack Hound
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 00-01
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 19 July 2017, 11:08:53 am »
I have a silver bike with a black double bubble.
I think it looks good and it does take a small element of wind blast off my shoulders, but does hit the top of my helmet. I notice if I duck down  it gets a little quieter.
« Last Edit: 19 July 2017, 11:15:37 am by Bretty »
-suck-squeeze-bang-blow-

Fazerider

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 98-99
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 19 July 2017, 11:56:46 am »
I’ve a double bubble type screen, don’t know the make as I got it 2nd hand on here, but do prefer it to the OEM screen. The blast is directed more sideways to your shoulders rather than up to your head and neck as the original does. So there is less buffeting and wind noise (and less draught in the helmet which made my eyes water). But it’s not a massive effect, your head is still well above the top of the screen so it can’t protect you from that breeze, just from some of the additional air displaced by the front of the bike itself.