Date: 18-04-24  Time: 16:11 pm

Author Topic: Scotland Ivanising - Edinburgh/Broxburn  (Read 2284 times)

Tefer

• Club Racer
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 98-99
    • - FZS1000 2003
    • View Profile
Scotland Ivanising - Edinburgh/Broxburn
« on: 09 July 2017, 08:38:55 pm »
Well been a good day, my thou has joined the ivanised ranks.

Massive thanks to Mike, sorted the kit first thing then took the time to do some suspension tweeks, can't wait to get out on the bike and do some miles with the new setup.

Also massive thanks to Joe, the host with the most. Nice to meet Jim and Dave too, we all spend most of the day together talking.

Four Wheels Moves The Body... Two Wheels Moves The Soul

Falcon 269

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - Yamaha R1 1999
    • View Profile
Re: Scotland Ivanising - Edinburgh/Broxburn
« Reply #1 on: 10 July 2017, 06:35:00 am »
Great to meet you yesterday, Chris, and thanks for staying and keeping us company.  The day flew by for me, which considering we did 4 Full Montys during that time was pretty good going.    Made it a lot easier for me having folks to talk with and listen to. :)

I'm confident you're going to find the motor a lot more fun to use now and I hope that the fork tweeks will have helped with the ride.  Don't forget to drop the forks through to put a bit more weight to the front end.  Enjoy!

Big thanks from me to Joe as well.  It wouldn't have been possible to do any of this without a venue to work from for the day - cheers, mate! :)

JOE

• CBT Wobbler
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 10 July 2017, 07:46:15 pm »
No probs guys, was great to meet everyone.  Shame about the rain but felt like a nice chilled out day (despite Mike working like a man possessed the entire day!).  Bike was obviosuly much smoother straight away - can't wait to test it out properly.

Hope you arrive home safe Mike.

three season

• CBT Wobbler
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 10 July 2017, 10:20:17 pm »
Hi guys, last as usual (for me) to reply. I also would like to convey my gratitude to Mike for his great work, although the roads were wet I felt a great improvement on my test run. It pissed down all the way home (Just as Chris predicted) so I also will look forward  to testing the bike out properly in some dry weather.
Also thanks to Joe and your lovely family for putting up with us.

It was Really nice to meet you all.

Many thanks Mike

Falcon 269

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - Yamaha R1 1999
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 11 July 2017, 07:05:31 am »
Back home in the sun in again after a good flight.  The hen parties boarded the Malaga flight which made for a much quieter trip LOL!

Thanks for the feedback, fellas.  I look forward to hearing what you think after you've had a decent test ride in dry conditions.

Next June, probably ... ;) :D

Cheers!

Mike

JOE

• CBT Wobbler
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 11 July 2017, 12:16:26 pm »
 :rollin

three season

• CBT Wobbler
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 12 July 2017, 11:24:21 pm »
Had the bike out this eve (sunny blip) obviously expecting improvement but WOW, grin factor 10 all the way, what a massive difference,   Defo having to upgrade the suspension now, (when funds permit) 

Thanks for all Mike

Falcon 269

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - Yamaha R1 1999
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 13 July 2017, 09:09:16 am »
My pleasure, glad you've had chance to explore the changes more thoroughly on dry roads.  This year ... ;)

ProdigalSon

• DAS Born Again
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 15 July 2017, 06:38:19 pm »
Sorry to butt in, I live in Suffolk, do you ever come to this neck of the woods Mike or is this something I can do myself? :)

Tefer

• Club Racer
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 98-99
    • - FZS1000 2003
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 15 July 2017, 07:44:54 pm »
He is heading south hopefully September, drop him a mail and he will add you do the list. :)

ProdigalSon

• DAS Born Again
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 15 July 2017, 08:56:13 pm »
He is heading south hopefully September, drop him a mail and he will add you do the list. :)

Thanks for the update. :)

Falcon 269

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - Yamaha R1 1999
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 15 July 2017, 10:29:28 pm »
Dates have changed and I'm now going to be in Leicester from 10 to 14 August.  Already pretty much fully booked but drop me a PM if you'd like to go on the reserves list. :)

Mike

dangerousdave

• CBT Wobbler
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 20 July 2017, 04:07:19 pm »
Hi Mike

Thanks again for doing the Ivan's upgrade on my Fazer on Sunday 9th.

After the initial spluttering (I suspect just caused by the fuel getting through!) it performed beautifully all the way home.
I have had a similar problem in the past when the bike has not been run for a long time.

Sorry that I could not hang around on Sunday and chat with you guys, but my Wife's mother was very ill and passed away the next morning.

Also I have not had a chance to test the bike thoroughly as I dislocated my hip on the Monday afternoon.
(It had been replaced in 2013 due to a skiing accident!)

I have been on the bus this week, but hope to be back on the bike next week so will get a chance to test it thoroughly then.

I do love the Fazer and thanks again Mike, for making it even more loveable!

Dave...

Tefer

• Club Racer
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 98-99
    • - FZS1000 2003
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 20 July 2017, 05:31:30 pm »
Hi Mike

Thanks again for doing the Ivan's upgrade on my Fazer on Sunday 9th.

After the initial spluttering (I suspect just caused by the fuel getting through!) it performed beautifully all the way home.
I have had a similar problem in the past when the bike has not been run for a long time.

Sorry that I could not hang around on Sunday and chat with you guys, but my Wife's mother was very ill and passed away the next morning.

Also I have not had a chance to test the bike thoroughly as I dislocated my hip on the Monday afternoon.
(It had been replaced in 2013 due to a skiing accident!)

I have been on the bus this week, but hope to be back on the bike next week so will get a chance to test it thoroughly then.

I do love the Fazer and thanks again Mike, for making it even more loveable!

Dave...

Hi Dave,

Chris here.

Glad the problem seems to have resolved, look forward to a follow up report once your healed and getting to use the bike a bit more, I was down Portpatrick way on Sunday about 320 miles and its a been great.

Don't worry about not hanging about, I don't think Mike was expecting it, we were all just loitering and drinking Joe's fine coffee. Sorry to hear of the passing too, condolences.

Hopefully see you on the road some time, as I'm not far from the ferry.

Falcon 269

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - Yamaha R1 1999
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 20 July 2017, 07:37:20 pm »
Hi Dave

My condolences to your wife and the family on your loss.  It must have been a very difficult day for you and I can fully understand why you needed to get away together rather than spend time yakking with us. 

Although you still feel that your occasional stuttering is fuel-related, I'm as confident as I can be that the issue doesn't lie in the carbs.  Have you changed plugs and tried clipping 1cm off the spark plug leads?  The copper core in the latter can start to break apart where it screws into the plug cap and that can cause misfires under certain conditions. 

I hope your hip gets better soon and that you get a proper chance to enjoy your Fazer this summer. :)

Cheers!

Mike