Date: 29-03-24  Time: 15:49 pm

Author Topic: Osram LED Cool White Back/Stop light bulbs  (Read 1272 times)

tommyardin

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      I don't own a bike
    • View Profile
Osram LED Cool White Back/Stop light bulbs
« on: 08 July 2017, 05:50:10 pm »
Hello Fellow Foccers,
Before you get excited about the LED Back/Stop light bulbs, one post in here was going on about how bright they are, believe me they are NOT in fact they give out about half the light of the standard incandescent bulb. The LED bulb itself 15 LED diodes so you would think would be incredibly bright
(All work for brake light some work for rear light)
The issue with them is that the LED's are round the side of the bulb and none on the top or end of the bulb so none of them face the rear (See attached Photo) honestly they are worse than useless.
Sorry Osram 'Must try harder'

If one of you wants to try them I will gladly give them to you with all the packaging, and, I will gladly pay the postage to get rid of the hopeless pieces of crap.

EvilBay link to SHIT bulbs.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/OSRAM-LEDriving-Retrofit-380-P21-5W-12V-1W-Cool-White-Bulbs-Rear-Brake-Tail/142379727758?ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT&_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649

If you want them the first person to message me will become the unfortunate owner.

tommyardin

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      I don't own a bike
    • View Profile
Re: Osram LED Cool White Back/Stop light bulbs
« Reply #1 on: 08 July 2017, 06:02:14 pm »
In fact I will be so pleased to see them go I have already packaged them up with label awaiting the recipients info

Fazerider

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 98-99
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 08 July 2017, 06:28:01 pm »
What were they thinking?
"Cool White" is entirely the wrong colour temperature for brake/tail lights... thats around 6000K when you're aiming for about 1000K i.e red.
Obviously there is going to be foc all light left by the time that's got through the red plastic filter.

tommyardin

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      I don't own a bike
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 08 July 2017, 07:56:57 pm »
What were they thinking?
"Cool White" is entirely the wrong colour temperature for brake/tail lights... thats around 6000K when you're aiming for about 1000K i.e red.
Obviously there is going to be foc all light left by the time that's got through the red plastic filter.

Hey Matey Peeps,
I don't know anything about colour temperature but what I do know is theses bulbs are an absolute joke, you really would be better off with a tea light candle in there.  :rolleyes

fazersharp

• GP Hero
  • 10 stone Racing Snake
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 98-99
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 12 July 2017, 11:30:21 am »
The listing says this ------------Intense red light of up to 6,000 Kelvin  which makes no sense because 6000k is daylight white and not red

Also the listing says

*Please note that these are interior retrofit bulbs and are not road legal for exterior use.------ What is that supposed to mean?

Any colour temperature bulb would work fine just so long as it was bright enough, which these are not.
Tommy the 6000k reefers to the colour temperature of the bulb with 2800k being like a yellow incandescent house bulb 4000 often described as white or cool white and 6000 a blue-er day light white.   
I don't do rain or threat there of. dry rider only with no shame.