Date: 28-03-24  Time: 10:48 am

Author Topic: Not been here ages  (Read 1606 times)

MissB

• CBT Wobbler
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 02-03
    • View Profile
Not been here ages
« on: 08 July 2017, 08:37:37 am »
Just relocated to Somerset....and fazer owners here?
We are born naked wet and hungry and then things get worse....

GH600

• DAS Born Again
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 98-99
    • View Profile
Re: Not been here ages
« Reply #1 on: 11 July 2017, 04:52:48 pm »
  I'm in North Dorset so not far depending on where in Somerset you are  :)   . Check  out "Henstridge Biker Blast" at the airfield on the 4th Wednesday of the month. 

Pondlife

• Cager in Training
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 02-03
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 12 July 2017, 12:57:40 pm »

I'm located near Wellington. Picked up a shed of a 2003 Foxeye a couple of weeks ago.
Welcome to Somerset ~ the healthy grave!  :)
If I'd known I was going to live this long I'd have taken far better care of myself!

MissB

• CBT Wobbler
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 02-03
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 15 July 2017, 01:41:11 am »
I am in Wellington...went out for my first proper run last week, took in Porlock Hill and Lynton. Was a good day out!

Pondlife

• Cager in Training
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 02-03
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 17 July 2017, 03:08:36 am »
I am in Wellington...went out for my first proper run last week, took in Porlock Hill and Lynton. Was a good day out!

Shudder! Porlock Hill, I've done that exact same trip on a number of bikes and no matter how slowly I'm riding, it still never feels like I'm going to get round some of those corners on the hill, then of course there's always the danger of suicidal sheep and ponies as you cross the moor. Lovely when you get to Lynton though with those stupendous views which kind of compensates for all the stress of getting there. As you've probably guessed, I'm not the bravest biker in the world! Ride safe!
If I'd known I was going to live this long I'd have taken far better care of myself!

MissB

• CBT Wobbler
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 02-03
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 18 July 2017, 08:24:12 am »

Shudder! Porlock Hill, I've done that exact same trip on a number of bikes and no matter how slowly I'm riding, it still never feels like I'm going to get round some of those corners on the hill, then of course there's always the danger of suicidal sheep and ponies as you cross the moor. Lovely when you get to Lynton though with those stupendous views which kind of compensates for all the stress of getting there. As you've probably guessed, I'm not the bravest biker in the world! Ride safe!
Never mind the ponies and sheep....fecking tourists are the worst! The ones that go so slow you could pick flowers during the ride/drive or the ones that stop dead in the road....like they have never seen a fecking horse before.
Anyway since we are like neighbours, let me know if you fancy a bimble sometime...

Pondlife

• Cager in Training
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 02-03
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 18 July 2017, 03:28:41 pm »
Never mind the ponies and sheep....fecking tourists are the worst! The ones that go so slow you could pick flowers during the ride/drive or the ones that stop dead in the road....like they have never seen a fecking horse before.
Anyway since we are like neighbours, let me know if you fancy a bimble sometime...

A bimble might be rather nice but I do warn you, I am pretty much a bimbler full stop, too many knobheads on the road for me to be anything else really. I had a couple of nasty tumbles when I was a kid, neither of them really my fault but they did have the effect of making me a bit over-defensive I suppose. Then of course there's all the added delights of Somerset roads, random farm entrances, completely oblivious tractor drivers, mud and gravel on corners, sometimes I wonder why I even bother with this biking malarky as it's resemblance to walking through a minefield is there for all to see. I'm not adverse to giving it some beans when the road allows for it though, when I got this Fazer I knocked up a ton on the North Devon link road as a matter of duty. Two days later I saw the condition of the totally knackered front sprocket and figured that perhaps it would have been more prudent to have checked that out before hitting three figures....sheesh, that was a close call.
Anyhoo, I'm Charlie, nice to meet you, feel free to PM me if you've got nothing better to do!  :)

MissB

• CBT Wobbler
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 02-03
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 23 July 2017, 12:45:36 pm »
Thats totally fine. Weekends are best for me. Preferably the ones when oh is looking after his kids. Gives me an excuse to bugger off out :evil