Date: 19-04-24  Time: 22:16 pm

Author Topic: Bike Insurance Cancelled!  (Read 6848 times)

fazersharp

• GP Hero
  • 10 stone Racing Snake
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 98-99
    • View Profile
Re: Bike Insurance Cancelled!
« Reply #25 on: 06 February 2018, 09:52:45 am »
As I said earlier I was with them for years and they were a small independent brokers and the lowest easiest quote  until they were brought out by someone and the renewal price went up by £100 -so I am now with bennetts for the second year.
I don't do rain or threat there of. dry rider only with no shame.

steve 10562cc

• WSB Pack Hound
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - KAWASAKI Z1000
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: 06 February 2018, 10:29:57 am »
Looks like I'll be heading to Bennetts. been with SWINTON for about 10 years 2 cars my bike caravan and house insurance always been there or there abouts to make it not worthwhile swapping. Put my car insur up about £300 so lost that put my Mrs car insurance up about the same so lost that house insurance went up by about £70 went else where, caravan else where now after price rise. So expecting them to try to screw me with another steep rise when the bike needs renewing. When I asked about there huge rises and said I'm going else where the answer was from the person on the other end of the phone Your not the only one   

fazersharp

• GP Hero
  • 10 stone Racing Snake
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 98-99
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: 06 February 2018, 10:39:34 am »
Looks like I'll be heading to Bennetts. been with SWINTON for about 10 years 2 cars my bike caravan and house insurance always been there or there abouts to make it not worthwhile swapping. Put my car insur up about £300 so lost that put my Mrs car insurance up about the same so lost that house insurance went up by about £70 went else where, caravan else where now after price rise. So expecting them to try to screw me with another steep rise when the bike needs renewing. When I asked about there huge rises and said I'm going else where the answer was from the person on the other end of the phone Your not the only one   
I wonder if its all about reducing the amount of risk on the books per sector because I remember benetts being expensive like they have decided they have enough on the books and now they are looking to add new customers - untill they have enough and then the price will go up - if you leave then - job done in reducing the risk - if you stay and pay £100 extra then they dont mind either
I don't do rain or threat there of. dry rider only with no shame.

mtread

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 02-03
    • - Triumph Speed Trip & Tiger 800
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: 06 February 2018, 01:45:23 pm »
I think that's how most of these markets work - insurance, banking, utilities, phones etc. Lower the price to gain share of the market, then increase to slow it down. Fall about laughing at anybody who pays the higher price.

VNA - BMW Wank

• BMW Wank
  • GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - BMW R1250R Honda C90
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: 07 February 2018, 07:17:19 pm »
 So I phoned them.  They said they still needed the modified motorcycle report.  I explained my bike was fitted with various accessories, the shock was serviced and upgraded due to the OE shock being worn.  Pointed out I had sent them receipt (from 2008) for the work done.  Put on hold.  Came back and told me that was OK – no report required.

I explained I had already sent them a current DVLA PDF summary of my license.  Despite their own correspondence stating photocopy of license or DVLA summary they continued to insist on a photocopy/scan of my license.

When I got back from work there was another e-mail asking for a copy of my license or a DVLA summary.

So sent them scan of license.  Phoned the next day, and they seem happy now.

Hard work. 

Meanwhile;
Well what they will think is that you will no longer be automatically covered for European trips, and you will have to pay extra for a 'green card'........ for starters  :D

Precisely mtread, You’ll probably have to pay extra for travel insurance too as the E1-11 may be history. :'(

And I’ve come across a new word to describe BREXIT.  I’ve heard it referred to as a disimprovement, ie a reduction from a better to a worse state.

stet

• DAS Born Again
    • Main bike:
      I don't own a bike
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: 07 February 2018, 07:54:54 pm »

We used to get all our insurance through Swintons for years & years but they slowly went down hill. The final nail in the coffin was when they were taken over by Covéa SGAM. To put it bluntly they are just plain incompetent. And god help you if ever have to make a large insurance claim where Swintons are the agent for the insurance company, as we discovered.
« Last Edit: 07 February 2018, 07:57:35 pm by stet »

steve 10562cc

• WSB Pack Hound
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - KAWASAKI Z1000
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: 07 February 2018, 08:46:25 pm »
Have to stick up for SWINTON there had a small shunt in my car nearly 3 years ago my fault gave  Swinton the details over the phone didn't do any noticeable damage to my 4x4 but other parties car was repaired and all sorted in the space of a couple of weeks well impressed with the way they handle the claim. Still not going back to them to expensive 

mtread

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 02-03
    • - Triumph Speed Trip & Tiger 800
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: 07 February 2018, 11:03:32 pm »
Precisely mtread, You’ll probably have to pay extra for travel insurance too as the E1-11 may be history.

And of course if you are unlucky enough to have an accident abroad and have to ring your insurance company in the UK (or anyone else for that matter) you'll go back to paying roaming charges.
What did the Romans do for us?