Date: 29-03-24  Time: 04:58 am

Author Topic: Bike Insurance Cancelled!  (Read 6787 times)

dickturpin

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
Bike Insurance Cancelled!
« on: 06 July 2017, 09:45:24 pm »
Anyone had this before?...just received an email advising that bike Insurance would be cancelled in one week with no reason why in the email. I went to a link it sent me which was a letter they have posted to me where it says last insurers have failed to issue proof of NCB.
I have proof from last insurers but no-one has asked me for it!
Not sure who are the biggest toss3rs...last insurers or new ones?
Will I now have to declare having an insurance cancelled?

Dudeofrude

• GP Hero
  • Rude, Crude and Tattooed
    • Main bike:
      FZ1 Naked Gen2
    • View Profile
Re: Bike Insurance Cancelled!
« Reply #1 on: 06 July 2017, 10:03:05 pm »
Not if you get it sorted before its cancelled?
Hate insurance companies because you lose out even when it's not your fault. I'd just get on the phone with them ASAP if I were you mate 😯

dazza

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - MT10
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 06 July 2017, 10:05:41 pm »
Can't answer that question but be aware of attention grabbing emails providing links you have to click on to. Telephone your insurance company instead.
I've just received one from HMRC.... allegedly.
You probably already know this so sorry for teaching you to suck eggs.
« Last Edit: 06 July 2017, 10:06:37 pm by dazza »

BBROWN1664

• Administrator
  • GP Hero
  • Should get out more!
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 00-01
    • - Tracer 900
    • View Profile
    • My website
« Reply #3 on: 06 July 2017, 10:10:30 pm »
I have had that before. Admin cockup.
they normally get the proof direct from the previous insurer as they all share the data. Just call them, remind them they have failed to ask for it and ask where they want it emailed to.
Another ex-Fazer rider that is a foccer again

dickturpin

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 06 July 2017, 10:17:42 pm »
Glad I'm not alone on this....but I will be calling them tomorrow am to try and get t resolved!
I'm never put out if someone thinks they're teaching me to suck eggs....rather be told twice than never... especially in these days of internet fraud.
Hopefully sorted before it's cancelled to avoid the issue!

lew600fazer

• GP Hero
  • There is only one form of racing, road racing.
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - 2017 MT-09 Tracer ABS
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 06 July 2017, 10:34:25 pm »

Sorry have to ask why did you not send the proof of NCB to your new insurer when you were taking out the policy.
I have just had my Proof of NCB today as I am re registering my bike from Spanish plates to French plates. I have had my quotes from the french insurers based on the information I supplied , I told them I have not had a claim in over 10 years . My innsuer in Spain have sent the NCB certificate. It says zero claims from 2014 to 2017. I asked them why? they said that is when we insured you from. Okay but you had my NCB entitlement certificate from the company I was insured with before joining you. There reply was you will have to ask them for that information wtf!!
I hate fucking insurance companies they will wriggle to get out of doing anything for you all they want is your money.
MT-09 Tracer for those who no longer can handle a BIG boy Fazer

dickturpin

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 06 July 2017, 11:21:34 pm »

Sorry have to ask why did you not send the proof of NCB to your new insurer when you were taking out the policy.
I have just had my Proof of NCB today as I am re registering my bike from Spanish plates to French plates. I have had my quotes from the french insurers based on the information I supplied , I told them I have not had a claim in over 10 years . My innsuer in Spain have sent the NCB certificate. It says zero claims from 2014 to 2017. I asked them why? they said that is when we insured you from. Okay but you had my NCB entitlement certificate from the company I was insured with before joining you. There reply was you will have to ask them for that information wtf!!
I hate fucking insurance companies they will wriggle to get out of doing anything for you all they want is your money.

All done online Lew and they have not asked me for proof...just straight in with the cancellation email!!

Graham53

• WSB Pack Hound
    • Main bike:
      FZ1 Faired Gen2
    • - FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 06 July 2017, 11:50:38 pm »
Bennetts did same to me, but I was told by previous insurers that they would post me proof after 21 days ( in case I'd had an accident I didn't tell them of !! ) , which turned out to be bullshit by wanker at bikesure, so I was waiting for the 21 days and bennetts sent me the cancel policy lettter, I phoned them immmediately and the woman at bennetts sorted it all out by phoning bikesure and confirming the NCB.
The very helpful woman at bennetts did say that bikesure wanker was probably being an arse because I'd cancelled the policy with them because they wouldn't change the bike from my 600 to the 1000 and it worked out cheaper to put my NCB on the 1000 and cancel the 600 policy then re insure it without NCB as you can only use the no claims on one vehicle and I can't get cheaper multi bike policy as I've not got a garage.

darrsi

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 00-01
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 07 July 2017, 06:36:20 am »
My insurance was renewed last month with the same company and they sent me constant emails saying that i'd never given them any NCB proof from last year when i first joined them.
In fairness i normally renew mine weeks before it's due if i find it cheap enough, and i wasn't pestered for the NCB proof at all so it simply slipped my mind.
I never even got it from my previous insurers either, i had to recently contact them to send it through.
Only this year did they start sending me 'threats' about providing the info needed.
More people are born because of alcohol than will ever die from it.

nordboy

• DAS Born Again
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 07 July 2017, 07:47:59 am »
My insurance was renewed last month with the same company and they sent me constant emails saying that i'd never given them any NCB proof from last year when i first joined them.
In fairness i normally renew mine weeks before it's due if i find it cheap enough, and i wasn't pestered for the NCB proof at all so it simply slipped my mind.
I never even got it from my previous insurers either, i had to recently contact them to send it through.
Only this year did they start sending me 'threats' about providing the info needed.

I had similar with Bennetts, I sold my 1300 Pan in sept and then bought my Fazer this year. Went back to Bennetts and they sent me a letter asking for NCD. Had a couple of 'conversations' with them stating that THEY were my lasy insurers!!
All good though, not really much of an issue.

fazersharp

• GP Hero
  • 10 stone Racing Snake
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 98-99
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 07 July 2017, 08:53:40 am »
Bennetts did same to me, but I was told by previous insurers that they would post me proof after 21 days ( in case I'd had an accident I didn't tell them of !! ) , which turned out to be bullshit by wanker at bikesure, so I was waiting for the 21 days and bennetts sent me the cancel policy lettter, I phoned them immmediately and the woman at bennetts sorted it all out by phoning bikesure and confirming the NCB.
The very helpful woman at bennetts did say that bikesure wanker was probably being an arse because I'd cancelled the policy with them because they wouldn't change the bike from my 600 to the 1000 and it worked out cheaper to put my NCB on the 1000 and cancel the 600 policy then re insure it without NCB as you can only use the no claims on one vehicle and I can't get cheaper multi bike policy as I've not got a garage.

I was with Bikesure for years until last year they were taken over and the prices went up by £70. 
I have never trusted insurers with my no claims proof so I have kept all my renewal notices which document my NCB
I don't do rain or threat there of. dry rider only with no shame.

darrsi

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 00-01
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 07 July 2017, 09:36:39 am »

I was with Bikesure for years until last year they were taken over and the prices went up by £70. 
I have never trusted insurers with my no claims proof so I have kept all my renewal notices which document my NCB

I can't stand it when they keep putting "9 years" as my NCB, when it's treble that.
Why not just put down what it really is?
More people are born because of alcohol than will ever die from it.

nordboy

• DAS Born Again
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 07 July 2017, 11:17:25 am »

I can't stand it when they keep putting "9 years" as my NCB, when it's treble that.
Why not just put down what it really is?

Isn't it because after 9 years there's no further discount? 9 years being the maximum, hence maximum no claims? (does irritate me as well though)

lew600fazer

• GP Hero
  • There is only one form of racing, road racing.
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - 2017 MT-09 Tracer ABS
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 07 July 2017, 01:57:05 pm »

All done online Lew and they have not asked me for proof...just straight in with the cancellation email!!
Yeah but I am dealing with a Spanish insurance group and a French Group and no one is speaking the english to me, yes my fault for not living in the UK.. Also another con job by the Spanish is you can cancel your policy but you will not receive a refund. They say you signed a contract for a year so if you cancel you forefit. The only think they will do is if you change your bike during the year they will let you use your existing policy and for a fee will change it to suit your new bike.
Even though my bike is a to EU spec new in Spain , the certificate of conformity has to be renewed when you export/import from another EU member state. So it cost me €121 for a new certificate of conformity. The bike is exactly the same spec as a French spec bike. In Spain my MT09 ABS is the FRN29/06 in France it is the FRN29/08 what is the difference 06 is the Country Identifier 06 =Spain 08= France so €121 for that .I wonder which Brussels knob head dreamed  that one up.
MT-09 Tracer for those who no longer can handle a BIG boy Fazer

BBROWN1664

• Administrator
  • GP Hero
  • Should get out more!
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 00-01
    • - Tracer 900
    • View Profile
    • My website
« Reply #14 on: 07 July 2017, 03:53:06 pm »
The other thing to watch Lew is with the French companies, they wont let you cancel. I have seen reports of people still paying after they have written cars off or scrapped it because they didn't get the correct piece of paper stamped. You can only cancel in writing within x days of renewal and only then, if the agree and you have proof of a new insurer.

this apparently is the case with all insurances in France. Thieving barstewards.
Another ex-Fazer rider that is a foccer again

scoobiemandan

• Weekend Warrior
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: 09 July 2017, 08:06:17 am »
Isn't it because after 9 years there's no further discount? 9 years being the maximum, hence maximum no claims? (does irritate me as well though)

That's exactly why.

Shoddy system and one that is used just to keep premiums as high as they can.  If you ask me, insurance should be reduced year on year on year until you're paying absolute peanuts.  Those that have 'at fault' accidents should be made to pay the costs not the rest of us, simples!

VNA - BMW Wank

• BMW Wank
  • GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - BMW R1250R Honda C90
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 05 February 2018, 07:09:24 pm »
 Bloody insurance.

Just switched to Bikesure (wish I hadn’t).  When they sent me the documents they originally asked for a license check code and proof of no claims all within 14 days.  No problem I sent them proof of no claims, and printed out full details of my license from DVLA plus the check code.

I also when taking out the quote, as you are advised to do, listed all accessorises and modifications.  So I listed my top box and panniers, scottoiler, heated grips, screen, CE marked aftermarket silencer, and my K-Tech shock upgrade.  They only listed some of the items I mentioned on the docs, so I wrote to them and listed the missing items and sent them a copy of the K-Tech receipt.

They now tell me they made a mistake, they now want a copy of my photo driving license and a modified vehicle report.

So I e-mail them and point out they already have a full print out of my license details, that my bike is not ‘modified’.  It has accessories and my knackered OE shock has been overhauled and upgraded.

They send me a further three e-mail in one day.  One of them thanks me for the check code but again says they need a copy of my license, though as an alternative I send them a full print out of my license.  So, they are now threatening to cancel my insurance in seven days unless I provide them with the information I have already provided them with.  And two of the e-mail are still requesting a modified vehicle report.

Sent them another e-mail, and attached my license details and the K-Tech receipt.  Of course, customer service is only open while I am working, but will try if poss to speak to them on the phone tomorrow.

Never had this crap before.  And if they had mentioned modified vehicle reports when I requested the quote I would have said no thanks and gone elsewhere. 

Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaagh!

celticbiker

• Club Racer
    • Main bike:
      Fazer8
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 05 February 2018, 07:32:52 pm »
Boy you lot seem to have trouble with your insurance.
As I'm only a welder and not a mechanic I wouldn't have a clue if any of the parts that were 'on my bike when I got it' are aftermarket or original.
(\__/) This is bunny. Copy and paste
(x'.'x) bunny onto your page to help
(")-(") him gain world domination!

VNA - BMW Wank

• BMW Wank
  • GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - BMW R1250R Honda C90
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 05 February 2018, 07:40:29 pm »
Never had any bother till this year.

I have heard of such horror stories.  Now it's my turn.  Hopefully a phone call and all will be well? 

I'd guess it's your responsibility to know and declare the state of your motorcycle.

As for when I bought it, I bought it brand new in 2004. 

Grayo

• WSB Pack Hound
  • Another ex Fazer owner still hanging around.
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - Triumph Tiger 1050 Sport
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 05 February 2018, 08:11:58 pm »
Just switched to Bikesure (wish I hadn’t).
Bikesure has been slated on another forum for its' poor customer service. "Barry From Bikesure" has even registered as a member on that forum to tout for business but his customer service skills are zero too. I wouldn't touch Bikesure with a shitty stick.
I could change my opinion, but then we'd both be wrong.

Dudeofrude

• GP Hero
  • Rude, Crude and Tattooed
    • Main bike:
      FZ1 Naked Gen2
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 05 February 2018, 08:37:01 pm »
Just switched to Bikesure (wish I hadn’t).
Bikesure has been slated on another forum for its' poor customer service. "Barry From Bikesure" has even registered as a member on that forum to tout for business but his customer service skills are zero too. I wouldn't touch Bikesure with a shitty stick.

I've used bikesure for years now but admittedly I've never had to deal with them other than to renew.
Who do you guys use these days? Are there any favourites or is it just cheapest goes?

VNA - BMW Wank

• BMW Wank
  • GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - BMW R1250R Honda C90
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 05 February 2018, 08:57:40 pm »
Bikesure has been slated on another forum for its' poor customer service.

Brilliant!

Bikesure are Adrian Flux, who if I remember correctly have been in the bike insurance business for years, they seemed fine on the phone, nae bother getting a quote.

Which is another thing, there is only a small number of companies in the bike market, but many of them trade under multiple names.  Pain in the butt.

I just get a bad feeling they’ll want a engineers report next at my expense cos I got the crap dodgy OE shock sorted.

dickturpin

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: 05 February 2018, 09:44:21 pm »
Bikesure has been slated on another forum for its' poor customer service.

Brilliant!

Bikesure are Adrian Flux, who if I remember correctly have been in the bike insurance business for years, they seemed fine on the phone, nae bother getting a quote.

Which is another thing, there is only a small number of companies in the bike market, but many of them trade under multiple names.  Pain in the butt.

I just get a bad feeling they’ll want a engineers report next at my expense cos I got the crap dodgy OE shock sorted.

Give them a call and ask them what they think about Brexit...

Sorry... I'll get my coat!

mtread

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 02-03
    • - Triumph Speed Trip & Tiger 800
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: 05 February 2018, 11:20:44 pm »
Give them a call and ask them what they think about Brexit...
Well what they will think is that you will no longer be automatically covered for European trips, and you will have to pay extra for a 'green card'........ for starters  :D

YamFazFan

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: 06 February 2018, 07:53:17 am »
Bloody insurance.

Just switched to Bikesure (wish I hadn’t).  When they sent me the documents they originally asked for a license check code and proof of no claims all within 14 days.  No problem I sent them proof of no claims, and printed out full details of my license from DVLA plus the check code.

I also when taking out the quote, as you are advised to do, listed all accessorises and modifications.  So I listed my top box and panniers, scottoiler, heated grips, screen, CE marked aftermarket silencer, and my K-Tech shock upgrade.  They only listed some of the items I mentioned on the docs, so I wrote to them and listed the missing items and sent them a copy of the K-Tech receipt.

They now tell me they made a mistake, they now want a copy of my photo driving license and a modified vehicle report.

So I e-mail them and point out they already have a full print out of my license details, that my bike is not ‘modified’.  It has accessories and my knackered OE shock has been overhauled and upgraded.

They send me a further three e-mail in one day.  One of them thanks me for the check code but again says they need a copy of my license, though as an alternative I send them a full print out of my license.  So, they are now threatening to cancel my insurance in seven days unless I provide them with the information I have already provided them with.  And two of the e-mail are still requesting a modified vehicle report.

Sent them another e-mail, and attached my license details and the K-Tech receipt.  Of course, customer service is only open while I am working, but will try if poss to speak to them on the phone tomorrow.

Never had this crap before.  And if they had mentioned modified vehicle reports when I requested the quote I would have said no thanks and gone elsewhere. 

Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaagh!

How often do you get genuine OE exhausts & shock absorbers when you take a car into one of the high street fast-fitting garages?.

Virtually every car over a certain age would require a modified vehicle report if you're insurers are correct!.