Date: 29-03-24  Time: 15:12 pm

Author Topic: Trying to make it all fit.  (Read 2167 times)

vinnyb

• WSB Pack Hound
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 02-03
    • View Profile
Trying to make it all fit.
« on: 02 July 2017, 06:30:17 pm »
 Just spent a couple of hours trying to fit everything on the bike ready for next weekends trip to the Mallory Bike Bonanza. I just hope there's room for me on it now 
« Last Edit: 02 July 2017, 06:55:25 pm by vinnyb »

Pandy

• CBT Wobbler
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 98-99
    • View Profile
Re: Trying to make it all fit.
« Reply #1 on: 03 July 2017, 10:05:06 am »
Don't forget to take a little tool box where you include a chain lubricant.

BBROWN1664

• Administrator
  • GP Hero
  • Should get out more!
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 00-01
    • - Tracer 900
    • View Profile
    • My website
« Reply #2 on: 03 July 2017, 01:28:26 pm »
foccin hell. How long are you away for?

A weekends worth of clothes in the tank bag or tail bag and a tent strapped to the back should be sufficient.
Another ex-Fazer rider that is a foccer again

vinnyb

• WSB Pack Hound
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 02-03
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 03 July 2017, 04:24:06 pm »

foccin hell. How long are you away for?

A weekends worth of clothes in the tank bag or tail bag and a tent strapped to the back should be sufficient.
I know what you mean, it does look like a lot for a weekend :rolleyes  Nothing is actually packed yet and I may end up not having to use it all, I just strapped it on to make sure that if I do need it all, it'll fit. I like to be comfortable and do tend to take the kitchen sink though, sleeping bag, roll mat, kettle, stove , chair, lamp, beer etc. etc. it's all bulky stuff and takes up a lot of room. On the plus side even if I do end up taking it all it'll still probably weigh less than my previous bike did naked :lol

vinnyb

• WSB Pack Hound
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 02-03
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 03 July 2017, 04:29:17 pm »

Don't forget to take a little tool box where you include a chain lubricant.
Good advice Pandy but I'm only about 50 miles from Mallory so won't need to lube the chain and I have the original toolkit under the seat :thumbup

limax2

• Creep.
  • GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 00-01
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 04 July 2017, 12:13:49 pm »
Always nice to take a few home comforts when you'r camping.  :)

kgjersda

• Weekend Warrior
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 00-01
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 04 July 2017, 12:18:34 pm »

It's amazing how much stuff you can fit on these small bikes!  :lol

vinnyb

• WSB Pack Hound
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 02-03
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 05 July 2017, 07:01:30 am »
There's something about a fully loaded bike, or is that just me? Where were you guys going? The problem with camping is that whether you're going for a weekend or a week you still need the same stuff unless you're happy to rough it (I'm not) the only extra stuff you need for a longer trip is clothing and that takes hardly any room at all. Has anyone else had problems with their throwovers resting on the indicators?

tommyardin

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      I don't own a bike
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 05 July 2017, 08:29:27 am »
It is when your testicles rest on the indicators your in trouble. Never ridden a bike loaded up like that, does it impair the handling much? My guess is it makes filtering an interesting task.

vinnyb

• WSB Pack Hound
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 02-03
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 05 July 2017, 06:34:59 pm »

It is when your testicles rest on the indicators your in trouble. Never ridden a bike loaded up like that, does it impair the handling much? My guess is it makes filtering an interesting task.
You're in more trouble when your throwovers rest on your testicles :lol  Never ridden this one fully loaded but previous bikes haven't been too bad once you get used to the way the extra weight affects the steering ,CofG etc. I find it's worse at low speed so filtering for me at least is pretty much off the agenda. I dare say I'll get criticised from certain parties for admitting it but even without all the luggage I tend not to try to squeeze through small gaps. :rolleyes

unfazed

• GP Hero
  • Never ride faster than your guardian angel can fly
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 02-03
    • - FZS1000 05-06, Serow 2000
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 05 July 2017, 08:45:09 pm »
Vinnyb, you are taking more with you for one weekend than I have with me for two of us in France and going to Belgium and Holland for 12 days in total  :b

fazersharp

• GP Hero
  • 10 stone Racing Snake
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 98-99
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 05 July 2017, 09:43:37 pm »
Vinnyb, you are taking more with you for one weekend than I have with me for two of us in France and going to Belgium and Holland for 12 days in total  :b
Not quite I think he missed something
I don't do rain or threat there of. dry rider only with no shame.

tommyardin

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      I don't own a bike
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 05 July 2017, 11:20:18 pm »

You're in more trouble when your throwovers rest on your testicles :lol  Never ridden this one fully loaded but previous bikes haven't been too bad once you get used to the way the extra weight affects the steering ,CofG etc. I find it's worse at low speed so filtering for me at least is pretty much off the agenda. I dare say I'll get criticised from certain parties for admitting it but even without all the luggage I tend not to try to squeeze through small gaps. :rolleyes

It's only a tight gap when the car either side of you have foot peg scratches down to the primer, other than that your good to go.