Date: 29-03-24  Time: 14:10 pm

Author Topic: Does the ignition key fit the seat lock?  (Read 1656 times)

maxthedoggy

• Cager in Training
    • Main bike:
      FZ6 S2 07-09
    • - CBR 600 F3, CB750, DRZ400
    • View Profile
Does the ignition key fit the seat lock?
« on: 25 June 2017, 08:06:02 pm »
Hi Guys just bought a FZ6 S2 and I was wondering if the ignition key is meant to fit the seat lock ? My ignition key will not open the seat up at all  :rolleyes

MMCMME

• DAS Born Again
    • Main bike:
      FZ6 04-06
    • View Profile
Re: Does the ignition key fit the seat lock?
« Reply #1 on: 25 June 2017, 09:12:59 pm »
Yep, pulls up from the rear  :)

tommyardin

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      I don't own a bike
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 25 June 2017, 11:47:09 pm »
Hi Guys just bought a FZ6 S2 and I was wondering if the ignition key is meant to fit the seat lock ? My ignition key will not open the seat up at all  :rolleyes
My FZS 600 has two different keys, I could be that one of the locks have been changed as I did not own the bike from new, but the ignition is different from the seat and the fuel, seat and fuel filler cap are the same , so I guess the ignition barrel may have been changed

robby boy

• WSB Pack Hound
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - Triumph Sprint ST 1050
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 26 June 2017, 12:12:43 am »
The lock for the FZ6 seat is right above the rear wheel, crap off the wheel can cause the lock to seize up, when I had my one I greased up the cable and made up a cover using a bean tin to deflect the crap off the lock mechanism. Does your key turn in the lock as it my be the previous owner never used it and its corroded up, might be worth a squirt of something to try free the lock off.
If you worried about falling off your bike, you'd never get on.

agricola

• GP Hero
  • Man on a mission
    • Main bike:
      FZ6 S2 07-09
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 26 June 2017, 05:15:50 pm »
You have to turn the key anticlockwise, hold it there, lift the back end of the seat and slide it backwards as it hooks under the rear of the tank

maxthedoggy

• Cager in Training
    • Main bike:
      FZ6 S2 07-09
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 26 June 2017, 06:29:43 pm »
Cheers lads I have three keys for it so will try them all, the lock does not even want to turn at the mo :'(

maxthedoggy

• Cager in Training
    • Main bike:
      FZ6 S2 07-09
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 26 June 2017, 08:21:14 pm »
The lock for the FZ6 seat is right above the rear wheel, crap off the wheel can cause the lock to seize up, when I had my one I greased up the cable and made up a cover using a bean tin to deflect the crap off the lock mechanism. Does your key turn in the lock as it my be the previous owner never used it and its corroded up, might be worth a squirt of something to try free the lock off.

Spot on brother, shit off the rear wheel had seized the mech up, managed to get the seat off by moving the sliding latch over with a screwdriver fromm the the underside of the rear tray, onec the seat was off then behold all the road crap all over the tool kit and everything, bit of a piss poor idea on Yamaha's part. All greased up and I'll be looking at making some sort of a cover etc, cheers bud