Date: 18-04-24  Time: 16:21 pm

Author Topic: One owner Fazers  (Read 1702 times)

unfazed

• GP Hero
  • Never ride faster than your guardian angel can fly
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 02-03
    • - FZS1000 05-06, Serow 2000
    • View Profile
One owner Fazers
« on: 24 June 2017, 03:39:00 pm »
Out of curiosity, are there many owners like me on the forum who bought their Fazer new and still have it.
I bought my 600 new in November 2003 for €7250 with 1 mile on the clock  and still have it  now  87312 miles later.

Going through its history the other evening: it is on its 24th rear tyre 18th front tyre, 3rd chain, 3rd rear sprocket, 10th front sprocket, 4th gear shift rubbers (needs changing), 2rd set of footrest rubbers, 7th set of front brake pads, 4th set of rear brake pads, 11th oil filter, 2nd set of downpipes (original being on for 70,000 miles) and 2nd set headlight bulbs (Changed originals for Osram Night Brakers and use the originals as spares when touring) and 2nd clutch cable, 2nd set of brake hoses, 2nd set of discs, 2nd set of front wheel bearings and 2nd set of rear wheel bearings, 2nd fork springs, 3rd rear shock (original changed at 20000 miles and replacement Hagon shock returned to Hagon last year at around the 83000 mile mark (It started leaking) and they replaced it completely for half the price of a new one.

Only real extras were Yamaha Engine Bars, Progressive Fork Springs, Hagon rear shock, Meta357t-V2 alarm, Scotoiler with touring kit behind number plate, Tank cover, Tank bag and complete Non Fango Touring kit.

:)

It is still as enjoyable to ride as the day I bought it and very clean for the mileage, thanks to AutoGlym and WD40  :D :D

darrsi

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 00-01
    • View Profile
Re: One owner Fazers
« Reply #1 on: 24 June 2017, 04:01:54 pm »
Sounds like a familiar story  :lol

More people are born because of alcohol than will ever die from it.

Fazerider

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 98-99
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 24 June 2017, 04:28:05 pm »

Well I’m another (November 1998).
I can’t find the petrol log where I note all the parts changes etc. at the moment, but certainly have got through a lot of consumables… and am thinking I ought to keep an eye out for a newer engine as the current one must have well over 100k on it now.
Tyres and chains are doing amazingly well these days, partly due to me slowing down I suppose, but the tyres are lasting more than twice as long as they did when I bought the bike and I had 50,000 out of the last chain!

unfazed

• GP Hero
  • Never ride faster than your guardian angel can fly
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 02-03
    • - FZS1000 05-06, Serow 2000
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 24 June 2017, 05:26:17 pm »
Yeah, :finger but I still have the same engine and frame  :lol

Fazerider

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 98-99
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 24 June 2017, 06:16:43 pm »
Yeah, :finger but I still have the same engine and frame  :lol
And I regard it as the same bike even if it's had an engine change or two. :)

fazersharp

• GP Hero
  • 10 stone Racing Snake
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 98-99
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 25 June 2017, 11:44:48 am »
Although I have had my bike for 16 years I am actually the 3rd owner on a 98  plate. The first one scarred himself and the second one moved away and couldn't keep it, the crappy bottom forks that let it down now were actually done in just those 1st 2 years, no wonder Yam changed to paint.
I don't do rain or threat there of. dry rider only with no shame.

VNA - BMW Wank

• BMW Wank
  • GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - BMW R1250R Honda C90
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 25 June 2017, 05:54:29 pm »
Bought mine new - well pre reg new march 2004.

Not been used much the last few years due to looking after parents with dementia, plus maybe I'm not getting any younger myself.

Was in the bike shop a few weeks back, and if their MT10 demo had have been available I might have bought one - was in the mood that day - now back to thoughts of home improvements. 

But if I do buy a new bike I suspect I'll keep the old thou though.  Maybe just wheel her into the corner of the garage and forget about her till I retire. 

« Last Edit: 25 June 2017, 05:56:27 pm by VNA »

SpokesT

• WSB Pack Hound
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 02-03
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 28 June 2017, 12:56:36 am »
Me, the only vehicle I've ever bought new or am ever likely to. It was the last one at the dealership due to the Euro emissions laws which killed it off, and was supposed to be their demo that I'd gone in for a prearranged test ride of. Status now changed to stock for sale bike, it was buy it now without a test ride, or leave it and someone else would snap it up come Monday morning. So I did the sensible thing and bought it. Hence my angst at having it smashed up last week. I've toured on it, it was the first bike my kids were old enough to get on the back of as they finally grew big enough to reach the pegs, and I plan never to get rid of it, especially now it's going to be restored tomits former glory or even better with a bit of luck.
Though the way be long, let your heart beat strong, keep right on to the end!

snapper

• GP Hero
  • Life is an accident waiting to happen
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - panther M120
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 28 June 2017, 04:26:21 pm »
fazer tho sept 2003  now on 23k it gets washed more than ridden ,  i think the only mods i havent down are upside down forks and spot lights