Date: 29-03-24  Time: 06:52 am

Author Topic: 1997 one owner FireBlade for sale. County Durham - Sold  (Read 1233 times)

Carlsv8

• Weekend Warrior
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • View Profile

<blockquote>1997 Honda FireBlade RRV. One owner (me) from new, 28k miles.
Contrary to good selling practice I'm going to list the bad points first. RHS has some minor fairing marks and indicator hole has 2 x 5 mm cracks. (Pictures if reqd.) PSH up to 16k (4 years then serviced by me), original suspension and chain & sprockets (it has had that easy life), minor corrosion on the exhaust, MOT has expired, few normal marks from use (she is 20 years old). RHS fork seal has slight weep. Sorned.
Now the good points.
Always garaged, never ridden in the winter, never wheelied, all original paperwork from new. In the last 1000 miles she has had new tyres (BT 016, brilliant tyres), battery (yuasa), brake pads, spark plugs, air filter (Honda), oil and filter (Honda), All old MOT certs, Datatag (paperwork) Datatool Veto Evo 3 + original 2 fobs (paperwork), both original keys, renntec sports rack, Remus Grand Prix Oval carbon can (not fitted), tinted screen (original supplied), mini indicators (originals supplied), hugger, scottoiler from new. Lives on an Oxford Optimiser, starts on the button and purrs like a Honda should.. She has never been in an accident or down the road, the levers are original and the engine cases unmarked. The engine is as it left the factory. Haynes manual.
I have a load of pictures that I can send should anyone be interested. Most of you will disagree with this but the engine makes a Fazer sound rough (controversial thing to say on a Fazer forum). These are an appreciating asset now but she is hardly ridden and that's what bikes are for. Medical issue forces sale but I'm in no rush, if you are interested the best thing to do is ring me and I will give a %100 honest appraisal of my bike, I have owned her for 20 years so this is a very reluctant sale.
<blockquote>£1500 absolutely 100% fixed price.</blockquote></blockquote>
« Last Edit: 04 July 2017, 11:43:43 am by Carlsv8 »
It's easier to get more money than it is a day of your life back.

Freck

• Club Racer
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 98-99
    • - Triumph Daytona 955, BMW R9T
    • View Profile
Re: 1997 one owner FireBlade for sale. County Durham
« Reply #1 on: 22 June 2017, 04:53:40 pm »
I'd snap your hand off, but I value my testicles if the missus found out. Plus I've nowhere to put it (hide it)  :'(
GLWTS bud. :thumbup: I'm sure you'll have no trouble selling her.

robbo

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - Mk 1 Speed Triple
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 22 June 2017, 05:34:10 pm »

Sold my one owner RRW last year. A lot more miles and a bit messed about with, unlike yours Carlsv8. Rare to see them so clean and so stock for sensible money
Still miss it though, although still see it now and then as sold to a mate.
Again GLWTS :) , someone's gonna get a bargain.
Whizz kid sitting pretty on his two wheeled stallion.

slappy

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - MT09
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 22 June 2017, 07:30:56 pm »
Anyone want to give me £1500 ?
Or maybe I should try setting up one of those Justgiving appeals?  :lol

Carlsv8

• Weekend Warrior
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 22 June 2017, 08:12:48 pm »
Thanks for the appreciation Gents, she really is that nice. This is the only place she's advertised. If I can't sell her I'll probably get her tested etc and make a few more quid. . Testicles are overrated !

It's easier to get more money than it is a day of your life back.

SkidT

• Club Racer
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - R1200GS LC
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 22 June 2017, 11:34:01 pm »
PM sent.

SkidT

• Club Racer
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - R1200GS LC
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 23 June 2017, 09:59:54 am »
Apologies to the moderator. It seems that I may have inadvertently reported my own above post to the moderator, whilst my phone was on a go slow and not responding properly.
Please ignore the "Report". 😊