Date: 28-03-24  Time: 19:16 pm

Author Topic: Thoughts......  (Read 2727 times)

darrsi

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 00-01
    • View Profile
Thoughts......
« on: 19 June 2017, 10:31:13 pm »
Dunno what happened beforehand.......but the biker was being a dick and paid the price, in my opinion.

http://www.dailystar.co.uk/news/latest-news/623558/viewers-torn-who-to-blame-motorbike-rider-brake-checks-car-motorway-video
More people are born because of alcohol than will ever die from it.

darrsi

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 00-01
    • View Profile
Re: Thoughts......
« Reply #1 on: 19 June 2017, 10:33:34 pm »
Anyone spot a brake light?

Grahamm

• Global Moderator
  • GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZ6 04-06
    • View Profile
    • Affordable Leather Products
« Reply #2 on: 19 June 2017, 11:36:02 pm »
Initially I thought at 16s there's a brake light, although it's not easily visible against the yellow of the bike, however (having watched it carefully several times) I'm now not so certain.

You can see the nose of the bike dip just about that time, and I think it may be the change in light on the rear of the bike.

As far as I can see, the car does slow down (judging by the red and white boards on the central reservation) when the bike passes and then accelerates, however I have the feeling that some of the initial impressions may have been caused by the headline and text which says the biker gives the driver a "filthy look" and then "brake checked" the car.

I'm wondering whether actually, the biker has caught up with the car and is going "ok, let's race", but then screws up his gear change, causing the bike to decelerate as the car accelerates with the results as seen.

Whatever the case, he was bloody stupid! :(

celticbiker

• Club Racer
    • Main bike:
      Fazer8
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 20 June 2017, 07:11:45 am »
Whatever the case, it must be a slow news day, that clip has been on you tube for at least six months.
Bloody media trying to incite people's dislike of one group or another again.
(\__/) This is bunny. Copy and paste
(x'.'x) bunny onto your page to help
(")-(") him gain world domination!

BBROWN1664

• Administrator
  • GP Hero
  • Should get out more!
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 00-01
    • - Tracer 900
    • View Profile
    • My website
« Reply #4 on: 20 June 2017, 08:23:29 am »
I dodnt see a clear brake light but there was a flash of red when teh bike got rear ended.
Biker was a muppet pulling in front so close. Also a muppet for undertaking at that speed.
Car driver was a muppet for not backing off when the bike did pull in front. Also a complete wanker having knocked the biker off he sits in his car for a bit then checks his car for damage before slowly walking to the biker.

Truckers on the opposite side saw the incident, stopped and got to the biker before the driver started walking.
Another ex-Fazer rider that is a foccer again

lew600fazer

• GP Hero
  • There is only one form of racing, road racing.
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - 2017 MT-09 Tracer ABS
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 20 June 2017, 09:50:00 am »
I suspect the car drivers delay in getting out of the car was shock and also looking over the car may well have been he dreaded what he was going to see re the biker. Personally think the biker was a prick and hopefully no lasting injuries.
MT-09 Tracer for those who no longer can handle a BIG boy Fazer

Bretty

• WSB Pack Hound
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 00-01
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 20 June 2017, 12:53:43 pm »
Although the car driver was 'middle laning', then leaves his car in the middle of the fast lane and walks down the middle of the road with his back to oncoming traffic. The biker is clearly a bellend!  :rollin :rollin :rollin

-suck-squeeze-bang-blow-

caretaker

• WSB Pack Hound
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 00-01
    • - TL125 frame!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 20 June 2017, 04:32:41 pm »
i have never been able to get my head around why many riders (mostly american) have a go at car drivers for some reason or other. even my 600 is faster than most cars out there, so when somebody does something stupid in front of me, there may be some hand gesturing or mirror bashing but otherwise i give it a handful and the offending driver is way back in the distance. life's too short to argue about why he/she didnt indicate etc etc

crickleymal

• Club Racer
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 98-99
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 20 June 2017, 04:42:57 pm »
I suspect the car drivers delay in getting out of the car was shock and also looking over the car may well have been he dreaded what he was going to see re the biker. Personally think the biker was a prick and hopefully no lasting injuries.
My thoughts exactly.
Malc

Old enough to know better.

celticdog

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 98-99
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 20 June 2017, 06:36:55 pm »
Definetely the bikers fault for 'break checking'.

I think this one maybe older than you think

http://www.visordown.com/videos/funny-motorcycle/dont-brake-check-a-car-youll-lose

Treat everything in life the way a dog would- if you can't eat it or foc it, forget it.

Frosties

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 00-01
    • - Tiger 900, CBF 1000,Bandit 650
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 20 June 2017, 10:08:37 pm »
i have never been able to get my head around why many riders (mostly american) have a go at car drivers for some reason or other. even my 600 is faster than most cars out there, so when somebody does something stupid in front of me, there may be some hand gesturing or mirror bashing but otherwise i give it a handful and the offending driver is way back in the distance. life's too short to argue about why he/she didnt indicate etc etc

Totally agree fella  :thumbup  - unless I'm in London whereby all bets are off  :lol
Those are my principles...if you don't like them I have others.

darrsi

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 00-01
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 21 June 2017, 05:30:42 am »

Totally agree fella  :thumbup  - unless I'm in London whereby all bets are off  :lol

There's not enough hours in the day to have a go at everyone who cuts me up, tailgates me or pulls out on me on my daily commute in NW London.
I just have to take it for granted that everyone's about to do something stupid and take evasive action beforehand to minimize the risk.
Certainly keeps your wits about you for sure.
Central London is another story, i s'pose it's the same scenario, but just speeded up 3 times quicker, it's not for the faint hearted on a bike.

steve 10562cc

• WSB Pack Hound
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - KAWASAKI Z1000
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 21 June 2017, 06:36:43 am »

Why is it those little toe rags using scooters and hammers to rob people of phones, bags etc and bikes never get knocked off just riders going about  there daily lives seems natural justice is failing us at the moment.

darrsi

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 00-01
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 22 June 2017, 05:26:27 am »

Why is it those little toe rags using scooters and hammers to rob people of phones, bags etc and bikes never get knocked off just riders going about  there daily lives seems natural justice is failing us at the moment.

If they've got no lid, the police have been instructed not to go near them over safety concerns, hence the reason the little shitbags are abusing the scenario for that very reason.
I personally would have no qualms of the police using pepper spray or a baseball bat to bring the feckers down, 'cos now they're just taking the piss.

And the human rights brigade can go and do one as well, pepper spray them too if they intervene.
I might try for the London Mayors job, have a bit of a shake up....... :lol

steve 10562cc

• WSB Pack Hound
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - KAWASAKI Z1000
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 22 June 2017, 07:36:11 am »
The CCTV I've seen of them, they all wear helmets so they can't be recognised. The police go to the effort to nick them then the courts swallow their sob stories and let the little foocers go in stead of locking them up. The prison system will do nothing to change 90% of the little darlings for the better just let them learn new tricks from fellow cons but at least while they are locked up the general public is safe from them.

darrsi

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 00-01
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: 22 June 2017, 05:00:48 pm »
The CCTV I've seen of them, they all wear helmets so they can't be recognised. The police go to the effort to nick them then the courts swallow their sob stories and let the little foocers go in stead of locking them up. The prison system will do nothing to change 90% of the little darlings for the better just let them learn new tricks from fellow cons but at least while they are locked up the general public is safe from them.

I've seen them on 2 occasions now, once with 2 scooters, with 2 riders and one pillion and they only had bandanas around their faces, and riding only on the pavement at around 30-40mph on a proper mission.
Second time was some kid of around 16yrs old just brazenly riding a scooter amongst traffic on a busy road, no face cover or lid, he just couldn't care less. He was moving rather sharpish as well when he was out of the traffic.

Mustang

• Club Racer
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - MT-09 2015
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 22 June 2017, 08:01:45 pm »
I had some bastard do that to me when I was driving my car, I was fucking furious with the cunt as I was powerless to do anything.

Fucking tuono