Date: 20-04-24  Time: 01:15 am

Author Topic: Hard of hearing - helmet compatible devices  (Read 675 times)

Nellog

• CBT Wobbler
  • Getting there is the best bit
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
Hard of hearing - helmet compatible devices
« on: 17 June 2017, 09:16:20 am »
Hi folks,
I've a question about using hearing aids - cochlear implant devices particularly - whilst wearing a helmet.
My bezzie uses a standard hearing aid on one ear and a cochlear on the other. I'm trying to help find a solution for using both or either whilst wearing a helmet. We have intercom but it's practically useless for my mate because his hearing devices don't fit under his helmet. It's damned frustrating and I think there must be a solution. Does anyone know of one?
Understandably, he's reluctant to carve bits out of his helmet liner/shell foam, at pain of compromising the helmet integrity and voiding his insurance. What do other hearing aid users do? Is there a blue tooth facility for cochlear devices or hearing aids? Or perhaps a wired ear bud or cochlear attachment that connects in some way to his device/s that can then be kept in a pocket or something?
My mate's been looking around for yonks, and the cochlear people (this was a great suprise) don't have an answer. Perhaps we're missing something obvious?
Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated.
TIA, Niel