Date: 23-04-24  Time: 18:09 pm

Author Topic: New member from Notts  (Read 869 times)

Creaky

• CBT Wobbler
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 00-01
    • View Profile
New member from Notts
« on: 11 June 2017, 09:05:19 pm »
Hello everyone
Just to introduce myself as a new member to the forum.
Been considering a Fazer for some weeks now after selling my Thruxton at the beginning of the year.
Last weekend, saw a new listing on eBay for a 2001 model in the right colour and was drawn by the very clean condition.
Listed by a dealer that had sold the bike from new, then to its second owner after it was traded in the first time amd carried out most of the maintenance for both riders.
Rang up and did the deal and then my son drove me the 150 miles to Wales so that I could ride it home.
Very pleased with the bike so far. Love the practicality of the older Jap bikes after owning a Ninja 600 and an SV650 in recent years. Nice to have a bike that the owners manual and design encourages you to work on and maintain!
Forks were the worst part of the bike as they were suffering from lacquer corrosion so I set to and after rubbing them down with wire wool, rattle canned them with primer, silver wheel gloss and lacquer from Halfords. Really pleased with the result.
New tyres already on the bike and as the front brake pistons were a bit gummed up I've stripped and cleaned everything as a precaution.
Here she is:

Dave48

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - MT-07 Tracer
    • View Profile
Re: New member from Notts
« Reply #1 on: 12 June 2017, 07:01:12 am »
Welcome! I own an identical 2001 to yours-nice colour scheme. You may want to replace the brake lines with braided hoses & the rear suspension may be past its best. I fitted a Wilbers rear shock & had the front forks rebuilt with new springs/15W oil-what a difference! Lovely comfortable bike that I can ride all day long.
Plenty of helpful advice/banter on here!

robbo

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - Mk 1 Speed Triple
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 12 June 2017, 02:14:29 pm »
Hi Creaky,and welcome to the forum.That's a really sweet boxeye you've managed to track down there,and a fast red one as well.
If you do decide to change out the hoses,which Yamaha advise after 4 years,you can get a 25% discount via this forum from Hel.Enjoy :) .
Whizz kid sitting pretty on his two wheeled stallion.

vinnyb

• WSB Pack Hound
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 02-03
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 12 June 2017, 07:59:41 pm »
Hi Creaky, I'm in Notts too. I bought my blue Foxeye in March. I'll keep a look out for you :thumbup
« Last Edit: 13 June 2017, 06:46:23 am by vinnyb »