tommyardin

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      I don't own a bike
    • View Profile
WTF
« on: 28 May 2017, 12:05:46 am »
Typical  :'(

I have not been to the USA for about 28 years now, my Wife and Daughter have never been, so we booked up about 6 weeks ago to fly out with BA on Monday 29th to visit my Son who is in St Louis Missouri, our fist stop was to be O'hare Chigcaro and then internal flight to St Louis, then after a couple of days fly on to Cali and visit Carmel by the sea where Clint Eastwood was Mayor (Love Clint, no I said Clint).

Tonight I heard on the news (Been up in Knightsbridge all day so heard nothing until tonight) that BA computers have had a massive melt down and no BA flights have left either Heathrow or Gatwick today and the computer system is still F----d so it don't look good for Monday :'(   There is going to be One Mother of a backlog.
Hopefully they will sort it tomoz and we will be able to go at some point early in the week.
We booked with BA (Not the cheapest) because we thought that they would be the most comfortable and most reliable.

unfazed

• GP Hero
  • Never ride faster than your guardian angel can fly
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 02-03
    • - FZS1000 05-06, Serow 2000
    • View Profile
Re: WTF
« Reply #1 on: 28 May 2017, 10:20:07 am »
Tommy they are still the most comfortable and reliable once they get off the ground  :lol

When you do manage to get away have a great ould time :thumbup

Gnasher

• Foc-u Brake Doctor
  • GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 98-99
    • - ZX10R, XJR1300, X10, GSF1000GT
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 28 May 2017, 11:13:44 am »
Tommy they are still the most comfortable and reliable once they get off the ground  :lol

I'd disagree mate, I've pretty much always flown BA for this reason, but earlier this month we flow to Venice, it was horrible my knees were touching the seat in front, they don't take cash on broad anymore, the selection of food/snacks(all M&S) S)was very limited, by the time they reached our row (14) all the nice stuff had gone!

They're are like most others putting nothing but profit in front of everything, but unlike others they cost quite a bit more which leave people like me feeling ripped off.  BA you need to doing it better as for me at present your price isn't worth the extra!   
Later

Hedgetrimmer

• GP Hero
  • FOC-U official topiary expert
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 28 May 2017, 12:14:50 pm »
This thread is the equivalent to BA landing a 747 in a field.

Tommy, how exactly do you choose where to post stuff?
It doesn't really bother me - it's kind of endearing even - but I am curious.

BBROWN1664

• Administrator
  • GP Hero
  • Should get out more!
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 00-01
    • - Tracer 900
    • View Profile
    • My website
« Reply #4 on: 28 May 2017, 02:41:01 pm »
BA charge a premium for a premium service but only deliver a low cost service these days.
If you are booked on Mondays flight, you will be top of the list to get on that flight as it reduces their compensation payouts.

Enjoy your trip
Another ex-Fazer rider that is a foccer again

unfazed

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 02-03
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 28 May 2017, 10:28:00 pm »

I'd disagree mate, I've pretty much always flown BA for this reason, but earlier this month we flow to Venice, it was horrible my knees were touching the seat in front, they don't take cash on broad anymore, the selection of food/snacks(all M&S) S)was very limited, by the time they reached our row (14) all the nice stuff had gone!

They're are like most others putting nothing but profit in front of everything, but unlike others they cost quite a bit more which leave people like me feeling ripped off.  BA you need to doing it better as for me at present your price isn't worth the extra!   

Gnasher, I was being sarcastic  :eek Last time I flew with them I nearly froze to death because the fecking air controls overhead were stuck open.

tommyardin

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      I don't own a bike
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 28 May 2017, 11:23:45 pm »

When you do manage to get away have a great ould time :thumbup

Cheers Unfazed, We had a email from BA this morning (Sunday) flight is good to go, we sorted our seats on-line this morning, 3 in a row inc one window seat.
Lookout Windy City here we come. 

tommyardin

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      I don't own a bike
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 28 May 2017, 11:26:03 pm »
This thread is the equivalent to BA landing a 747 in a field.

Tommy, how exactly do you choose where to post stuff?
It doesn't really bother me - it's kind of endearing even - but I am curious.
I post them where ever I find a gap mate, bit like the Post Office.
Your much to much of a perfectionist Hedge lol

tommyardin

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      I don't own a bike
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 28 May 2017, 11:27:06 pm »
BA charge a premium for a premium service but only deliver a low cost service these days.
If you are booked on Mondays flight, you will be top of the list to get on that flight as it reduces their compensation payouts.

Enjoy your trip
Cheers BB, that is exactly what has happened. :D

tommyardin

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      I don't own a bike
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 28 May 2017, 11:29:16 pm »

Gnasher, I was being sarcastic  :eek Last time I flew with them I nearly froze to death because the fecking air controls overhead were stuck open.
Stop fucking whinging at least the window was shut. :lol

unfazed

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 02-03
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 28 May 2017, 11:46:42 pm »
With your luck they will probalby shut the airport and will probably be a silver plane you'll be flying in. That will be so slow it will take a week to get there :rollin

Oldgit

• foccerwithoutaspacebar
  • GP Hero
  • Old Age & Treachery will Overcome Youth & Skill
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - BMW R1200RS Sport SE
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 29 May 2017, 11:34:12 am »
Indian call centre IT melt down--what did you expect

BBROWN1664

• Administrator
  • GP Hero
  • Should get out more!
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 00-01
    • - Tracer 900
    • View Profile
    • My website
« Reply #12 on: 29 May 2017, 02:02:00 pm »
Indian call centre IT melt down--what did you expect

the BA datacentres are at Heathrow. One (or both) appear to have had a power failure and the generators didn't kick in.

Someone is going to get a kicking for that.
Another ex-Fazer rider that is a foccer again

lew600fazer

• GP Hero
  • There is only one form of racing, road racing.
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - 2017 MT-09 Tracer ABS
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 30 May 2017, 12:55:50 am »
BA would have to pay me to fly with them, Emirates Air hard to beat!!!
MT-09 Tracer for those who no longer can handle a BIG boy Fazer

tommyardin

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      I don't own a bike
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 30 May 2017, 12:00:14 pm »
Woo woo! Arrived in Chicago O'Hare about 11-40am Monday 29th USA time, flight left LHR on time and crossing was good, flew on to St Louis after about a 90 minute stop over.

These bloody idiots drive on the wrong side of the road.

I have already passed a scene along an Interstate just outside city centre with four or five police cars closed off a lane with a woman face down in the road with 4 police guns pointed at her, we heard about 2 hours later on local radio she killed someone in a resturant  called Carvers some sort of family feud, foc that if they do it their own family.
Seen lots of bikes Harley's and Susuki, big Kwackers but no Yammys as yet. Looks funny guys with full face buckets on then shorts, tee shirts and deck type shoes with no socks and not a glove in sight, very painful if you have a down.
Anyway it's 5-30am here, but to me in my head it feels around lunch time.

unfazed

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 02-03
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: 30 May 2017, 03:04:12 pm »
Tommy, how is the right side the wrong side  :lol :lol

crickleymal

• Club Racer
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 98-99
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 31 May 2017, 09:05:19 am »
I saw a guy going up the strip in Las Vegas in full leathers. He must have been sweating buckets in there as it was about 100 in the shade. I don't really see the point of a motorbike in US cities as you're not allowed to filter, you might as well drive a car and have the comfort of air con.
Malc

Old enough to know better.

Simon.Pieman

• Club Racer
  • Life of Pie
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 31 May 2017, 09:38:00 am »
BA would have to pay me to fly with them, Emirates Air hard to beat!!!

Not really. I've been going backwards and forwards to SE Asia several times a year over the last 10 years and flown them three times in the last two years, they are ok but certainly not outstanding. I only use them if they are significantly cheaper than others.
 Everyone I've spoken to about airlines here (I'm in Indonesia at mo) is surprised by the new improved Garuda cabins. I flew them last month and the new seats are great, good for 6 hours and not bad for 10 hours and the legroom is better than most now, the loos get cleaned more regularly on long haul too and the drinks trolley appears very often (still free).
 The others are no more than middling I'd say, Singapore, Malaysia, Thai (soon to be getting Dreamliners) etc. Vietnam Airlines have the most modern fleet, almost all their 777s are nearly sold off with Dreamliner and Airbus replacements appearing on all routes.
 My top pics if you are going from Europe to SE Asia? Vietnam, Garuda, British Airways, Thai, Emirates, Malaysian and Singapore.
 Bad uns, Bangladesh, Turkish, Air France, KLM.

robbo

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - Mk 1 Speed Triple
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 31 May 2017, 09:52:13 am »
Yeah,that no filtering.What's that all about.The first time I rode in the US was in the early '90's in Colorado.On leaving the rental bike premises I filtered up to the first set of lights,and had it explained to me in no uncertain terms that people had been shot for lot less misdemeanors than filtering. :eek .
Whizz kid sitting pretty on his two wheeled stallion.

Robbie8666

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - Triumph NightStorm
    • View Profile
    • RNVMCC
« Reply #19 on: 31 May 2017, 12:17:25 pm »
yeah it's now legal to buy Cannabis in some states but not legal to filter!
or compulsory to wear a helmet in 3 states!
Currently, 19 states and the District of Columbia have laws requiring all motorcyclists to wear a helmet, known as universal helmet laws. Laws requiring only some motorcyclists to wear a helmet are in place in 28 states. There is no motorcycle helmet use law in three states (Illinois, Iowa and New Hampshire).
It ain't what you ride, it's who you ride with!!!

mtread

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 02-03
    • - Triumph Speed Trip & Tiger 800
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 31 May 2017, 06:20:01 pm »
One (or both) appear to have had a power failure and the generators didn't kick in.
Shouldn't just rely on generators. 'Too important to fail' systems should also be 'mirrored' at another site. BA obviously stands for Bunch of Amateurs.

Grahamm

• Global Moderator
  • GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZ6 04-06
    • View Profile
    • Affordable Leather Products
« Reply #21 on: 01 June 2017, 01:43:22 am »
Yeah,that no filtering.What's that all about.

In America, the car is God. If a car can't do it, nobody is allowed to do it!

tommyardin

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      I don't own a bike
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: 01 June 2017, 04:13:05 am »
Tommy, how is the right side the wrong side  :lol :lol

Very good point. Foc I get confused crossing the road by foot. Which foccing way are they coming. You can turn right on a red light, overtake on either side and just do a U turn where you want or a three point turn.
Madness

tommyardin

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      I don't own a bike
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: 01 June 2017, 04:34:00 am »
Went and saw the St Louis Cardinals playing the LA Dodgers at the Bushe Stadium last night about 40,000 spectators at the game, lots of  noise, very animated, lots of beer being guzzled, but the atmosphere was very good opposing teams quite friendly to each other, they could teach UK football spectators a thing or two.
People are generally friendly and they love the English accent, I still have a bit of my cockney lilt left and they love that, reminds them of chitty chitty bang bang, gawd blimmey Mary Popins. :lol

Skippernick

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 02-03
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: 01 June 2017, 07:01:57 am »
Went and saw the St Louis Cardinals playing the LA Dodgers at the Bushe Stadium last night about 40,000 spectators at the game, lots of  noise, very animated, lots of beer being guzzled, but the atmosphere was very good opposing teams quite friendly to each other, they could teach UK football spectators a thing or two.
People are generally friendly and they love the English accent, I still have a bit of my cockney lilt left and they love that, reminds them of chitty chitty bang bang, gawd blimmey Mary Popins. :lol

Ironically played by an American!!
Red Heads - Slowly taking over the world!!!