Date: 19-04-24  Time: 11:30 am

Author Topic: Hello from Guernsey  (Read 730 times)

samdf

• Cager in Training
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 98-99
    • View Profile
Hello from Guernsey
« on: 25 May 2017, 02:51:26 pm »
Good day,

So I live on a little rock and I own two fazers and some other pieces of rubbish i wont show here, names Sam.

Out of my fazers, ones fairly standard (Red), and one is street fighted (yellow & black)...
Generally using the red bike, both were "salvages" so a ways to go!

The red fazer has basically had... new stanchions and seals, brakes restored from pads that had so much rust you could barely tell it was a caliper, kept as standard as possible with a Scorpion end can (currently borrowing from fazer#2). It's also had carbs rebuilt as it was sat for a while, so new gaskets etc, headers were restored (filled, sanded, painted), new hoses and a full service. This is my daily bike.
Bought this one as a "barely running but runner" and it's going well.

Yellow / black fazer as seen in the other picture has had a fair bit more work done to it, and more since that last picture. This was the first fazer i bought, came in parts, built it back and there are some pictures along the way somewhere.
Got to the point with this one where i was thinking hmmm what else can I do, so i think this bikes going to get a full strip and have the frame sprayed along with panels etc.
However, looking for a few parts for this as some of the parts were donated to fazer#1 as i created a "best of both" and thats partly my reason for finding you guys here! I'll use the appropriate forums for that though..

Nice to meet you all.

robbo

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - Mk 1 Speed Triple
    • View Profile
Re: Hello from Guernsey
« Reply #1 on: 25 May 2017, 06:23:32 pm »
Hiya Sam,and welcome to the forum. If you've got a question, someone here will deffo know the answer. :)
Whizz kid sitting pretty on his two wheeled stallion.