Date: 19-03-24  Time: 03:26 am

Author Topic: Some twat has lost his FZS600 Keys  (Read 10670 times)

tommyardin

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      I don't own a bike
    • View Profile
Some twat has lost his FZS600 Keys
« on: 23 May 2017, 11:44:13 pm »
Now matter how hard I look, them fooking keys allude me .
Why is it when you lose something you go back and check exactly the same place a great number of times, I think I have almost worn the back pockets out on my Kevlar jeans shoving my hand in them, just in case they are hiding in the corner but they never are.

Now I do have a set of (2) old keys, but, the ignition key is badly worn it is not much good as a pattern for getting a key cut from.

On both of the split rings of the keys (One key does ignition the other key does the seat lock and the fuel tank) are small metal tags about 10mm X 30mm and they both have a number stamped on it, both of them start with the letter 'A' and has 4 digits after it (Digits are different on both keys) Now my question is does anyone know if this is the actual cut key shape or the blank shape.
My guess (Hope) is that it is the cut key shape and not just the blank as the two blanks look the same and both go right into the ignition barrel but only one will turn, the same situation with the fuel cap lock, but the other key.

« Last Edit: 23 May 2017, 11:45:03 pm by tommyardin »

tommyardin

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      I don't own a bike
    • View Profile
Re: Some twat has lost his FZS600 Keys
« Reply #1 on: 23 May 2017, 11:47:52 pm »
Oh! And does anyone know of a good place to get Yamaha keys cut, if it is the right number of course
Ta

Hedgetrimmer

• GP Hero
  • FOC-U official topiary expert
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 24 May 2017, 12:19:04 am »
Would that be the same "twat" that has posted a query regarding an FZS600 in the FZ6 forum?  :lol

You can get non-chipped Yamaha keys cut at any high street place that does keys. I got a couple done for a gen 1 thou in the local key cutting/shoe repair etc place. As said, if you've got the key number.

tommyardin

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      I don't own a bike
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 24 May 2017, 12:42:09 am »
DOH! :rolleyes

tommyardin

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      I don't own a bike
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 24 May 2017, 12:46:05 am »
Yep I think I have the key number, it's on a metal tag attached to the worn out key and also just found that same number recorded in the Owners Manual.
Starts with an A and 4 numbers. Will try local key cutter.
Thanks for your quick response. :thumbup

Dave48

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - MT-07 Tracer
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 24 May 2017, 08:02:26 am »
My local guy with his kiosk cuts keys from a pattern-he did my friends Yamaha YBR 125 key(non chipped like FZS Fazers) in 2 mins -fitted a treat. Cost £10. Result!

tommyardin

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      I don't own a bike
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 25 May 2017, 10:26:58 pm »

I contacted Gary on this site on Flebay, rapid response, great communicator, keys should be here tomorrow (Friday)
He can cut the key for you as long as you have the key number.
The spare keys had a small metal tag on them when I purchased the bike so I just messaged Gary with that number, watch this space. :rolleyes

[/size]http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/271856549966?_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT[size=78%]

slappy

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - MT09
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 26 May 2017, 06:10:21 am »
The day after you recieve your new keys you will find the " lost " ones in a place where you have looked ten times before :lol

tommyardin

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      I don't own a bike
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 28 May 2017, 09:38:21 pm »
The day after you recieve your new keys you will find the " lost " ones in a place where you have looked ten times before :lol

FFS don't Slappy, that is the story of my life.
I can come indoors after arriving back home in the car then remembering I left my phone in the glove box go to get it and then spend the next 20 minutes F-ing and blinding about the interfering sod that keeps moving my stuff only to realise I am the only one who is at home. :'(
« Last Edit: 28 May 2017, 09:38:54 pm by tommyardin »

tommyardin

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      I don't own a bike
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 28 May 2017, 09:41:21 pm »
I'm off to the USA in the morning, leaving home at 4-30am for an 8-24am flight to Chicago, I dread to think what colour the air will be in the morning. :lol  OK anyone seen my passport?