Date: 16-04-24  Time: 07:55 am

Author Topic: Plea for sponsorship - 150 mile Cycle Ride for Macmillan Cancer Support  (Read 623 times)

Millietant

• WSB Pack Hound
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - Apr RSV, FJ1200, FZS1000 & 600
    • View Profile

Hi All. Over the weekend of 27th-29th May, my wife and I have organised (for the 10th consecutive time) an annual 150 mile Cycle Ride across the UK from "Coast to Coast", to raise money for a very deserving cause - Macmillan Cancer Support.Many here know this, but for those who don't, Macmillan provide free care and support, both at hospital and in-home, for cancer sufferers (and where necessary, their families) which is only made possible by people making donations and carrying out fundraising activities.Liz and I have both lost our father's to Cancer, in both cases their suffering lasted a period of years, rather than weeks - and we have a number of other family members and friends who have also suffered and who benefited tremendously from the support that the Macmillan Nurses provided. We have somehow managed once again to get another 25 riders to take up the challenge with us (most of whom have links to someone who has been supported by Macmillan) and we're looking forward to a great challenge, as well as great fun (over 13,000ft of ascent).I've attached a link below to our "Just Giving" donations page and while thanking those who donated last year , we hope that there are plenty of members here who will feel inclined to help us in the cause and make a donation (or "another donation", for those who have supported us in previous years) no matter how small, or large, everything will be greatly appreciated.So here's a "thank you" in advance and the link to our donations page.https://www.justgiving.com/fundraising/Dean-Liz-Welburn-C2C-2017