Date: 27-04-24  Time: 00:35 am

Author Topic: caught out again  (Read 773 times)

downey

• WSB Pack Hound
  • loving the new ivanised beast
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
caught out again
« on: 20 May 2017, 04:28:05 pm »

so on my way back from the nw 200 i had a bit of a spill ,,felt like the back end slipped out from under me , slid across the road barely grazed the back of one car which spun the bike around enough for the handlebars and front fairing and forks to go into and under a 2012 3 series bmw, i came out of it with a swollen ankle which turned out to be a crack either side of my ankle so im layed up with a cast and on crutches for 4-6 weeks :'( ,,i was very lucky to have unfazed with me to carry me the 3+ hours back to cork,with my leg dangling painfully in the wind ,,the more ive thought about it ive come to the conclusion that i dipped it too low and the left crash bung dug in and sent me sliding ,"i always thought they came out a bit too far" ive often rubbed the right one on a roundabout ,,anyway insurance will be taking care of the third party damage as its a lot more costly than it looks :rolleyes oh well thats what its there for i suppose ,,so the bike is in the shed till i decide what to do about it ,,at a glance new forks.bars fairing/lights, infills and break disc,,
to try cheer myself up and give myself something to look forward to ive put a deposit on a05 fazer in the uk which will involve a road trip in a few weeks .
« Last Edit: 21 May 2017, 11:57:06 pm by downey »
please god let the sun keep shining

unfazed

• GP Hero
  • Never ride faster than your guardian angel can fly
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 02-03
    • - FZS1000 05-06, Serow 2000
    • View Profile
Re: caught out again
« Reply #1 on: 20 May 2017, 06:11:20 pm »

so on my way back from the nw 200 i had a bit of a spill ,,felt like the back end slipped out from under me , slid across the road barely grazed the back of one car which spun the bike around enough for the handlebars and front fairing and forks to go into and under a 2012 3 series bmw, i came out of it with a swollen ankle which turned out to be a crack either side of my ankle so im layed up with a cast and on crutches for 4-6 weeks :'( ,,i was very lucky to have unfazed with me to carry me the 3+ hours back to cork,with my leg dangling painfully in the wind ,,the more ive thought about it ive come to the conclusion that i dipped it too low and the left crash bung dug in and sent me sliding ,"i always thought they came out a bit too far" ive often rubbed the right one on a roundabout ,,anyway insurance will be taking care of the third party damage as its a lot more costly than it looks :rolleyes oh well thats what its there for i suppose ,,so the bike is in the shed till i decide what to do about it ,,at a glance new forks.bars fairing/lights, infills and break disc,,
to try cheer myself up and give myself something to look forward to i've put a deposit on an
a05 fazer in the uk which will involve a road trip in a few weeks .

Somehow I just couldn't convince him it would polish out. :rolleyes

FFS If he wanted a spin on the back of a fast red Fazer he could have just asked :lol

« Last Edit: 20 May 2017, 06:17:48 pm by unfazed »

Grahamm

• Global Moderator
  • GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZ6 04-06
    • View Profile
    • Affordable Leather Products
Re: caught out again
« Reply #2 on: 22 May 2017, 12:28:44 am »
Ouch! Glad it wasn't more serious, though :/