Date: 19-04-24  Time: 12:39 pm

Author Topic: Good News!! Ian Brady is dead!!  (Read 9441 times)

tommyardin

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      I don't own a bike
    • View Profile
Re: Good News!! Ian Brady is dead!!
« Reply #50 on: 18 May 2017, 11:58:30 am »
My wife also rang up the local Jehovah Witnesses offices and asked them not to call anymore as we had many conversations with then over a few years, what seemed to happen was if a couple who came to the door did not make any headway with us after a few months they would stop coming and another couple would appear and we would start the whole process again.
Now I am not a Jehovah Witness, but, I do admired their commitment to their organisation, someone once said to me that they do what they do out of fear, apparently they believe that only a certain number of people will enter heaven when they die, and, the passport to entering is by getting as many converts to J/W as possible, but the trouble is they will never know if they have done enough until maybe it's to late.
I understand it is called a Salvation of works, trying to earn favour from God, the Bible say that it is a Gift of God, not something that is earned or merited in any way, but like any gift it has to be accepted. ???????

I did not really understand that principle and have been told it is like someone writing out a cheque or bank draft (10 Million pounds) filling in all the details and writing your name as the recipient at the top, the cheque is in your name the money is yours but you have to hold out your hand and take hold of it before it can be banked, I found this explanation very helpful.
The upshot of this is that we do not have the Jehovah Witnesses call anymore, in some ways I'm sorry about it as I quite enjoyed the chats, but it was very, very time consuming and not always at a convenient time. 

What happened to Brady in this post he seems to be slowly disappearing, from where I am now in the write a comment section of FOC-U I can not see who started this post but would like to thank them for doing so as it has certainly opened up a bit of discussion about life the world and everything in it, so cheers Author  :thumbup 

darrsi

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 00-01
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: 18 May 2017, 12:14:54 pm »
 :lol
More people are born because of alcohol than will ever die from it.

VNA - BMW Wank

• BMW Wank
  • GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - BMW R1250R Honda C90
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: 18 May 2017, 12:30:10 pm »

The likes of Lord Shaftesbury (Anthony Ashley Cooper) and Dr Bernardo were Christians and did amazing things with their wealth to help others because they were convinced of the truth that they read in the Scriptures.

That makes a rather large assumption.  It’s highly likely religion or no religion that they would have done what they did because of who they were not due whatever religion they followed.  Morals and altruism are absolutely in no way whatsoever exclusive to religion.  And there's plenty of  down right nasty religous nutters out there.

It also is/was the way this country was governed and shaped for many years, its apart of our routes and heritage. Again I'm not saying it was all good and that people sometimes got it wrong with decisions made, but overall this country was a better place to live for most people because of our Christian routes.

Indeed, just a few hundred years ago the churches executed individuals for blasphemy.  Atheists were routinely executed by the churches.  Then there are the crusades – the least said about that the better eh?  So yes our country is indeed founded on the evil deeds of religion.  It’s now 2017 and only now are some of the churches in the UK coming to grips with the fact that some people are – wait for it – gay! – up till now most churches have promoted discrimination against gay people.

Aged parents lived with their families and were looked after by their children, now days we put them in a home were people who often don't even have the same language look after them/keep them quiet, they are often lonely and sad and they live out their last few years in isolation.

Having just spend years looking out for and looking after my parents, I can tell you there often comes a time when there is no other option to look at care home options.  Particularly with dementia you will more than likely get to a point where it either simply not possible or frankly downright cruel to try and keep your parent or parents at home.  I find your views on care of the elderly ignorant and breathtakingly simplistic.

What happened to Brady in this post he seems to be slowly disappearing, from where I am now in the write a comment section of FOC-U I can not see who started this post but would like to thank them for doing so as it has certainly opened up a bit of discussion about life the world and everything in it, so cheers Author  :thumbup

I think perhaps what you have done is hijacked a thread in order to promote your own little pet subject ie that little voice in your head called God. 
« Last Edit: 18 May 2017, 12:31:02 pm by VNA »

Dudeofrude

• GP Hero
  • Rude, Crude and Tattooed
    • Main bike:
      FZ1 Naked Gen2
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: 18 May 2017, 02:57:18 pm »
Well I for one would gladly rather discuss Fairy tales (or religion as some call it) than talk about a child murdering fuck wit. Quite frankly the sooner he's forgotten about the better

I consider myself agnostic by the way,

Ricky Gervais hits the nail on the head when it comes to Agnostics.... he says "if your agnostic about the existence of God then you must also have the same view of Santa Clause" There isn't an argument for existence that can be made for one of them and not the other :-)

It's also makes a brilliant point about Christians in general saying " I'm and atheist, I don't believe in any of the say 2700 different Gods out there, Christians don't believe in 2699 of them either so they're almost as atheist as me"

Say what ya want about his acting but you cant fault the man's intelligence and logic

tommyardin

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      I don't own a bike
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: 18 May 2017, 04:12:50 pm »
:lol

Ha ha ha! one of my favourite films, in fact one of the funniest films I have ever seen.
Blessed are the Cheese Makers, did he say blessed are the Greek.

OK ok! I am the Messiah now FUCK OFF. LOL!
Sooo funny.

tommyardin

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      I don't own a bike
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: 18 May 2017, 04:20:57 pm »
The likes of Lord Shaftesbury (Anthony Ashley Cooper) and Dr Bernardo were Christians and did amazing things with their wealth to help others because they were convinced of the truth that they read in the Scriptures.

That makes a rather large assumption.  It’s highly likely religion or no religion that they would have done what they did because of who they were not due whatever religion they followed.  Morals and altruism are absolutely in no way whatsoever exclusive to religion.  And there's plenty of  down right nasty religous nutters out there.

It also is/was the way this country was governed and shaped for many years, its apart of our routes and heritage. Again I'm not saying it was all good and that people sometimes got it wrong with decisions made, but overall this country was a better place to live for most people because of our Christian routes.

Indeed, just a few hundred years ago the churches executed individuals for blasphemy.  Atheists were routinely executed by the churches.  Then there are the crusades – the least said about that the better eh?  So yes our country is indeed founded on the evil deeds of religion.  It’s now 2017 and only now are some of the churches in the UK coming to grips with the fact that some people are – wait for it – gay! – up till now most churches have promoted discrimination against gay people.

Aged parents lived with their families and were looked after by their children, now days we put them in a home were people who often don't even have the same language look after them/keep them quiet, they are often lonely and sad and they live out their last few years in isolation.

Having just spend years looking out for and looking after my parents, I can tell you there often comes a time when there is no other option to look at care home options.  Particularly with dementia you will more than likely get to a point where it either simply not possible or frankly downright cruel to try and keep your parent or parents at home.  I find your views on care of the elderly ignorant and breathtakingly simplistic.

I think perhaps what you have done is hijacked a thread in order to promote your own little pet subject ie that little voice in your head called God.

Don't you just love it when people debate with passion  :)