Date: 29-03-24  Time: 01:58 am

Author Topic: Silicone Radiator Hose Kits  (Read 7094 times)

Jules-C

• WSB Pack Hound
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 98-99
    • View Profile
Silicone Radiator Hose Kits
« on: 15 May 2017, 01:30:47 pm »
Since my radiator needs replaced I had another go at getting in touch with SFS about silicone hose kits.  I made a guess at the email address of the person in SFS that was helpful last time to see if they still have the patterns/tooling from last time and this is the important bit of the response I got back within 6 minutes!

I would suggest that you send me a set of original hoses. Upon receipt of the samples I can try and cross match them with existing tooling, and produce details kit costs for you.

I hope to get the hoses off my bike this weekend to send away and will let you know when I hear back from SFS and if there is a minimum quantity that has to be ordered.  SFS are selling other bike kits with 8 hoses for £125 to £135 so I would expect the FZS600 kits to be a similar price.

Post here if you are interested in a kit.

Arfa

• WSB Pack Hound
    • Main bike:
      FZ6 S2 07-09
    • View Profile
    • Beginner Biker Adventures
Re: Silicone Radiator Hose Kits
« Reply #1 on: 15 May 2017, 06:27:25 pm »
Fair play to you for actually getting the ball rolling here. If you pull it off and kits aren't insane money (>£150), you can stick my name down on list.

Jules-C

• WSB Pack Hound
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 98-99
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 15 May 2017, 08:43:34 pm »
As soon as I get more details I'll put them up here

Andy1970

• CBT Wobbler
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 02-03
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 16 May 2017, 09:38:05 am »
Yes, still interested.

Andy

Chris

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 02-03
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 16 May 2017, 04:36:35 pm »
They should have all the tooling as they have already made 11 sets. Hope it all works out for you as they do look awesome on the bikes.

If you have any question about the first group buy, which I organised, then all the info should be in the old thread but if you can't find something then just PM me.  :)

Chris

It wouldn't be fun if it was easy, I just wish it wasn't this much fun.

Carter

• DAS Born Again
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 98-99
    • - DT200WR
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 16 May 2017, 06:39:40 pm »
Count me in too
Cheers..
Rust never sleeps !

Jules-C

• WSB Pack Hound
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 98-99
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 16 May 2017, 07:54:44 pm »
They should have all the tooling as they have already made 11 sets. Hope it all works out for you as they do look awesome on the bikes.

If you have any question about the first group buy, which I organised, then all the info should be in the old thread but if you can't find something then just PM me.  :)

Chris

I'm surprised the didn't add the FZS600 to the list of kits on their website since they had the tooling but it looks like they are concentrating on commercial and industrial business instead of automotive retail.  David that you dealt with seems very helpful but if anything comes up that you might be able to help with I'll get in touch

Chris

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 02-03
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 16 May 2017, 10:25:55 pm »

Chris

I'm surprised the didn't add the FZS600 to the list of kits on their website since they had the tooling but it looks like they are concentrating on commercial and industrial business instead of automotive retail.  David that you dealt with seems very helpful but if anything comes up that you might be able to help with I'll get in touch

Yeah, I wondered the same.

He was really helpful and always replied really quickly to emails.

No worries, hope it goes ok for you all.

Chris

Jules-C

• WSB Pack Hound
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 98-99
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 01 June 2017, 08:46:24 pm »
My hoses posted off today so have to see what SFS come back with for price

Arfa

• WSB Pack Hound
    • Main bike:
      FZ6 S2 07-09
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 06 June 2017, 10:36:53 pm »
Seems my Fazer is leaking coolant somewhere (though thankfully oil is looking fine), so might be needing some new hoses pretty promptly!

Jules-C

• WSB Pack Hound
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 98-99
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 07 June 2017, 07:45:04 am »
Got confirmation that old hoses delivered but waiting to hear back. 

Disorderlypunk

• WSB Pack Hound
  • riding till i die (or breakdown)
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - fazer stolen - gsx1100 rebuild
    • View Profile
    • disorderly punks motovlog
« Reply #11 on: 07 June 2017, 07:48:03 pm »
will definatly be watching - if the prices are good enough for a skint bugger like me i might have a set
-or get the boot polish out on the old ones
if it works on burt munroes tyres its good enough for my hoses.

Jules-C

• WSB Pack Hound
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 98-99
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 08 June 2017, 03:58:14 pm »
Just heard from SFS and they found the tooling for all but one of the hoses and they working on that one now.  No details on pricing yet but should hear soon.

His Dudeness

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      I don't own a bike
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 08 June 2017, 08:28:30 pm »
as far as i can remember it worked out at about the same price to buy oem hoses from yamaha

Chris

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 02-03
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 09 June 2017, 02:07:05 am »
Can't remember how much they were last time but it's listed in the original "rad hoses" thread.

They weren't cheap but I'd rather have silicone ones than the standard rubber ones anyway and they look so much better.

Chris

Arfa

• WSB Pack Hound
    • Main bike:
      FZ6 S2 07-09
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: 09 June 2017, 11:55:18 am »
For reference:  a quick check on Fowler's website of all hoses, totals up at £188 + vat + postage - about £230 all in.
Current SFS Performance price list has Yamaha FZ1 and R1 kits for around £150 + vat, and most other Yamaha kits much cheaper (FZ6 is £136). In fact they've hardly any bike kits priced over £150. Obviously silicone hoses should be much better than stock and last way longer. So basically, any price under £200 should be pretty attractive. At the £150 mark they'll be a no-brainer.
There's a question mark on clips - ideally we'd want fresh clips to fit at same time. Be nice to get a good deal on whole she-bang - hoses & clips.

Jules-C

• WSB Pack Hound
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 98-99
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 09 June 2017, 03:06:05 pm »
The 2013 group buy costs were £100 + £8 postage for the hoses and option of £16 for a set of stainless hose clips for the larger hoses.  Shouldn't be too long before we see what price they come up with this time

Disorderlypunk

• WSB Pack Hound
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 19 July 2017, 01:41:13 pm »
anything been heard about these yet (hoping for go faster blue as red will just clash lol)

Jules-C

• WSB Pack Hound
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 98-99
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 09 August 2017, 11:55:48 am »
Going to try find out what's happening this week.  They had one new mould to make and come up with a price

Kefirchiks

• Cager in Training
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 02-03
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 26 December 2017, 05:03:58 pm »
Going to try find out what's happening this week.  They had one new mould to make and come up with a price
Any info on this? Would like to add myself to the list, if group buy is happening.

Jules-C

• WSB Pack Hound
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 98-99
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 30 December 2017, 03:32:04 pm »
Sorry it looks like it is not happening.  Things seemed to be on track and previous moulds for hose kit tracked down with one new mould to be made for the hose from distribution manifold at front of engine to oil cooler.  Was waiting to hear mould was made and details of price depending how many people wanted kits were but then never heard anything else for ages.  Phoned a few times and he sounded positive and said he would get back to me and checked had my contact details but never heard back from him. 
I've given up now, not after some trying especially since I've been without my bike for most of the year because I sent the hoses from my bike and they have never been returned.
Emails used to be replied to within minutes when starting the process but last couple months don't get any reply and phone calls sound good but never hear anything afterwards.
I've ended up buying second hand set of hoses so I can get bike back on the road in the new year, hopefully before MOT runs out in January

celticdog

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 98-99
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 30 December 2017, 10:02:33 pm »
Sorry it looks like it is not happening.  Things seemed to be on track and previous moulds for hose kit tracked down with one new mould to be made for the hose from distribution manifold at front of engine to oil cooler.  Was waiting to hear mould was made and details of price depending how many people wanted kits were but then never heard anything else for ages.  Phoned a few times and he sounded positive and said he would get back to me and checked had my contact details but never heard back from him. 
I've given up now, not after some trying especially since I've been without my bike for most of the year because I sent the hoses from my bike and they have never been returned.
Emails used to be replied to within minutes when starting the process but last couple months don't get any reply and phone calls sound good but never hear anything afterwards.
I've ended up buying second hand set of hoses so I can get bike back on the road in the new year, hopefully before MOT runs out in January

Sorry to hear about that Jules, your efforts are very much appreciated- make sure you get your hoses back or the replacement cost. Is it worth one last try later in the new year? Another option is to post the email & contact details here, If everyone interested contacts them simultaneously they might pull the finger out.

Treat everything in life the way a dog would- if you can't eat it or foc it, forget it.

Disorderlypunk

• WSB Pack Hound
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: 30 December 2017, 10:29:34 pm »
just wondering if a mass of emails from everybody here all on one night will wake them up to the plausibility of reinstating this item
imagine walking into work and having 100 emails titled 'fzs600 hose kits' all from different people
i know i would get my arse into gear about it

Tefer

• Club Racer
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 98-99
    • - FZS1000 2003
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: 22 April 2018, 07:34:58 pm »
Person on Facebook now looking at a group buy, PM me your email address and colour if interested and i'll pass it on. If you do Facebnook you can pop on to the page and look at post.

Four Wheels Moves The Body... Two Wheels Moves The Soul