Date: 26-04-24  Time: 04:14 am

Author Topic: Needle roller bearing help required  (Read 1039 times)

joebloggs

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 00-01
    • - ZX9RE1
    • View Profile
Needle roller bearing help required
« on: 22 April 2017, 03:31:48 pm »
Pulled the swingarm from the ZZR and surprise surprise the needle rollers are shot

A kit is about £50 inc new seals etc but the seals are servicable so really just need a set of bearings

Anyone out there used non stock bearings and if so how did you get on and where did you buy them from (I know its not the same bike)
Complete fabrication, I didn't make it up!

vinnyb

• WSB Pack Hound
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 02-03
    • View Profile
Re: Needle roller bearing help required
« Reply #1 on: 22 April 2017, 05:11:54 pm »
 Won't you bugger the seals taking them out anyway. The best way to buy bearings is from somewhere like bearings r us or similar online bearing suppliersthey will sell the seals too. Look for the designation on the edge of the bearings and the seals will have a designation on them. I replaced mine on my old GPz750 for a fraction of the price Kawasaki wanted for them. Wheel bearings etc. are also much cheaper bought this way. If you struggle to match them up, just give 'em a call. :thumbup

joebloggs

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 00-01
    • - ZX9RE1
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 22 April 2017, 05:32:07 pm »
Won't you bugger the seals taking them out anyway. The best way to buy bearings is from somewhere like bearings r us or similar online bearing suppliersthey will sell the seals too. Look for the designation on the edge of the bearings and the seals will have a designation on them. I replaced mine on my old GPz750 for a fraction of the price Kawasaki wanted for them. Wheel bearings etc. are also much cheaper bought this way. If you struggle to match them up, just give 'em a call. :thumbup

You can pop most seals out using a large flat bladed screwdriver as a lever, dont foc about trying to pry them out, a quick bang on the handle usually gets them out with no damage.

Seems I've got lucky with two of the three bearings, and have found one for £13. Will need to also replace the radial bearing but its only a couple of quid.

I know I should probably change them all but its not for NASA

vinnyb

• WSB Pack Hound
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 02-03
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 22 April 2017, 05:38:38 pm »
 Don't forget the Moly Disulphide grease

joebloggs

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 00-01
    • - ZX9RE1
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 22 April 2017, 05:47:53 pm »
Don't forget the Moly Disulphide grease

Have already packed the remaining bearings out with molly after a good clean with carb cleaner to remove all the dried up crap in there. Focin previous needs a grease gun ramming up his ass, they put nipples on there for a reason..................Twat

joebloggs

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 00-01
    • - ZX9RE1
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 22 April 2017, 05:49:24 pm »
As for the MOT tester, he needs his license taking off him