I have owned this bike for nearly 12 years. It has taken me to Rome, Barcelona, Milan, San Marino, Paris, and an array of places in between. It is an amazing bike, but quite simply it has hardly left my garage for 5 years. Looking back at the MOT history, I can see it's done about 1000 miles in the last 5 years. Two reasons for this; firstly I have a 5 year old little girl and don't have the spare time to go touring, and secondly I have an R1 track bike that I use for my adrenaline hit.
I have been making excuses for years not to sell it - maybe I will go touring again, or maybe my car will break down and I need to use it for work etc. The time has finally come to part ways. I'm going to be very honest in my advert below so as not to waste anyone's time.
Bike Make : Yamaha
Bike Model : FZS 1000
Year : 2002
Price : £2,000 - no offers
MOT/Tax : MOT expires 18/04/2018.
Mileage : 26,712
Colour : Black
- New front caliper piston seals a couple of weeks ago with fluid change
- Fork and rear shock overhaul by Revs racing about 2k miles ago. Forks were powder coated satin black at the same time
- Coolant change a few weeks ago
- Official Givi top box and pannier rack. 42 litre Givi top box and two 36 litre Givi panniers
- Double bubble touring screen
- Renthal touring bars
- HEL braided hoses front and rear
- Rear hugger
- New brake pads all round, oil change, filter etc about 200 miles ago
- New front tyre about 80 miles old
- 3.5mm tread on the centre of the rear tyre
- Stage 1 Ivans jet kit
- Working exup valve
- Loads of nice little extra details, like titanium bolts, wheel rim stickers, custom footpegs, black levers, indicators. All the usual stuff people do when they love a bike
- Pearlescent black paint in great condition. I had a low speed accident about 6/7 years ago. No major damage, but required a respray. Repaired myself for about £400 and no MIAFTR registration
- Engine paint is flaking
- This is a 15 year old bike. It's been garaged, but it is starting to look tired. I was tempted to overhaul it over the winter, but I spent the time on the track bike instead. It would look amazing again if someone was to spend some time on it
- Neutral light doesn't work
- Sat Nav cradle not included
Bike Location : Sutton Coldfield, near Birmingham, West Midlands
Any Other Relevant Info : There's a whole box full of extras which will go with the bike. Screen, indicators, bolts, levers, scotoiler, heated grips.
Contact details: 07709496495. I get a lot of PPI and cold calls, so please don't get offended if I don't answer. Please leave a voicemail or drop me a text and I will give you a call back. Please don't PM me on here as I will probably not check for messages.
Images uploaded to Google Drive:https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B_tjNLKLywYyN0RmbElqU1lHXzg
Thank you for looking!