Date: 29-03-24  Time: 08:18 am

Author Topic: General Election 8th June  (Read 26109 times)

fazersharp

• GP Hero
  • 10 stone Racing Snake
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 98-99
    • View Profile
Re: General Election 8th June
« Reply #50 on: 08 May 2017, 11:12:10 am »
Looks like Ukip have taken a battering in the locals - as well as Labour.
I think myself a tactical voter. A few years back I voted Lib dems because I wanted a coalition government, next I voted Ukip because I wanted to press for a referendum and send a message  to that effect, didn't want a ukip gov but just use it as a pointer to the current gov.

So I got a coalition gov
I got the referendum
I voted out
I got out
And now Conservatives have just about hijacked all of ukips policies and so no one now needs to vote for them (ukip ), as is shown in the locals.

Obviously I didnt do it single handedly but maybe I was not alone in using my vote this way.

Mrs May with a strong UK backing will be able to get the best brexit possible, you can not go into negations weak and divided as the euros will sh#t all over us. The only problem is that the Conservatives will also use the landslide victory as an excuse to say that have a mandate for all kind of extra cuts and tax rises.

I don't do rain or threat there of. dry rider only with no shame.

mtread

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 02-03
    • - Triumph Speed Trip & Tiger 800
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: 08 May 2017, 02:04:49 pm »
So which Labour policies announced so far are 'extreme'?
More pay for nurses?
More house building?
More tax, but only if you earn £80k?
You are not voting for a leader, you are voting for a party.
Otherwise, last time 2 years ago you voted for Cameron and got May.
Fazersharp is right, whatever you think about Brexit, if you vote Tory you are voting for a worse NHS, worse schools, more cuts, and god help you if you become unemployed.

VNA - BMW Wank

• BMW Wank
  • GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - BMW R1250R Honda C90
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: 08 May 2017, 05:53:42 pm »
I mean seriously he is by far too extreme.

What's extreme about Corbyn Val?

Fazersharp is right, whatever you think about Brexit, if you vote Tory you are voting for a worse NHS, worse schools, more cuts, and god help you if you become unemployed.

Indeed Mtread,  Yup, you are voting for zero hours contracts, a hire and fire culture, you are voting for a workers right to strike to be outlawed.  You are voting for Google, Amazon, Vodaphone and all the other multi billion pound tax dodgers to be exempt from tax, whilst we will all face stealth tax rises.  You are voting to support private firms scrapping their pension schemes.  You are voting for more benefits cuts, not just to the few dodgy claimants but the disabled and the truly needy.  You are voting for the renewal of the Trident weapons system, you are voting to support ISIS supporting Saudi Arabia and dozens of other dodgy states around the globe as these are the people we sell our bloody arms to.  If you vote Tory you are voting for scum.

You are not voting for a leader, you are voting for a party.
Persoanlly I vote for the candidate first, the party second.  Sadly today people seem to vote as if this is a presidential election.

Then tell me it's not brainwashing.

Mtread, the biggest selling paper in Scotland is The Sun, then it’s the Daily Record, followed by the express and the Mail.  All of them vehemently anti SNP.  Only one small Scottish Sunday paper The Sunday Herald backed the Independence in 2014.  Practically the whole elite, the establishment and just about the whole media machine in the Scotland and the UK is solidly anti-SNP, yet ten years after first forming a minority government the SNP have just held their own at the council elections.

The SNP is a functioning political party, it has coherent message and above all discipline.

The Labour party is a fucking mess, and it’s gonna get screwed.

It’s as simple as that.

celticdog

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 98-99
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: 08 May 2017, 06:32:14 pm »
The labour movement is focced. I don't think we'll see a left of centre government for at least the next 10 years. Pity really, as someone who has to work hard for a living, every life benefiting improvement has had to be struggled for. God Bless Robert Owen, Clement Atlee, Aneurin Bevan and all the others who looked after the little people who don't own land or factories to exploit.
Treat everything in life the way a dog would- if you can't eat it or foc it, forget it.

VNA - BMW Wank

• BMW Wank
  • GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - BMW R1250R Honda C90
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: 08 May 2017, 09:30:38 pm »

I got out
Fazersharp;

The UK is still today a fully paid up member of the EU.  It has triggered article 50, which is a means to negotiate ‘our’ way out of our contractual membership of the EU.

It’s going to be far from simple.

Walking away, rather than a negotiated settlement, means tearing up those contracts.  Which in turn would not bode well for entering contractual trade deals with other countries.  Not to mention that the EU will always be bigger and stronger than the UK.

Mrs May with a strong UK backing will be able to get the best brexit possible

Mrs May is now campaigning for a hard Brexit, yet just a year ago she was a remainer warning of the dire consequences of leaving the EU.  Many people have suggested that May is the new Thatcher.  I’m sure she will be just as nasty, of not more so, but as I remember Thatcher’s politics were based on ideology, love it or loath (and I loathed it) Thatcher had a vision, she was if you like a conviction politician - she believed in what she was doing.

May on the other hand believes in nothing other than what will further her career.  This “difficult woman” as she says herself, is a conviction-less grubby narcissistic opportunist.

This will be a nightmare.

fazersharp

• GP Hero
  • 10 stone Racing Snake
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 98-99
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: 08 May 2017, 09:41:55 pm »
I got out
Fazersharp;

The UK is still today a fully paid up member of the EU.  It has triggered article 50, which is a means to negotiate ‘our’ way out of our contractual membership of the EU.

I know that -- you know what I meant  :rolleyes you don't have to pick an argument with every single comment people make -- like this I am going to do
Yup, you are voting for zero hours contracts
You know a lot of people actually like zero hours contracts as it suits them. Has Mc Donalds just offered to change from zero hours to contracted but there was not a massive take up

mtread

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 02-03
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: 08 May 2017, 10:37:11 pm »
You know a lot of people actually like zero hours contracts as it suits them.
Yes, but a lot don't and have no choice, as it's all they can get. What is wrong is where a zero hours contract includes compulsory 24/7 availability, and disallows taking other employment. Employers having their cake and eating it, and disassembly of all employees' rights. But that of course is Conservative policy. 

VNA - BMW Wank

• BMW Wank
  • GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - BMW R1250R Honda C90
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: 08 May 2017, 11:40:00 pm »
Yes, but a lot don't and have no choice, as it's all they can get. What is wrong is where a zero hours contract includes compulsory 24/7 availability, and disallows taking other employment. Employers having their cake and eating it, and disassembly of all employees' rights. But that of course is Conservative policy. 

Precisely Mr Mtread
I know that -- you know what I meant  :rolleyes you don't have to pick an argument with every single comment people make

How can I know what you meant when you said something entirely different from what you actually now tell us you meant?  :crazy

Look, seriously, many people believe that the UK has somehow left the EU when in fact it has only just begun to negotiate it’s exit.  Article 50 is the vague means by which we begin to negotiate our way out of our contractual obligations.   :deal

fazersharp

• GP Hero
  • 10 stone Racing Snake
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 98-99
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: 09 May 2017, 12:32:22 am »
I got out
Fazersharp;

I know that -- you know what I meant  :rolleyes you don't have to pick an argument with every single comment people make -- like this I am going to do
Yup, you are voting for zero hours contracts
You know a lot of people actually like zero hours contracts as it suits them. Has Mc Donalds just offered to change from zero hours to contracted but there was not a massive take up

If you want to pick out 3 words from a whole post and quote them out of context then that's up to you but when read all together anyone can see what I was pointing out, let me remind you

So I got a coalition gov
I got the referendum
I voted out
I got out

No one actually thinks that we are out yet, that is just mantra regurgitated by remoaners just the same as is the quote that says we didnt know what we were voting for and are all stupid.
Well lets just see if all the leavers are stupid as this general election will be a great test as its as good as a second chance vote on the EU referendum, lets just see how the lib dems do with their - stay in the EU stance, and what is labours stance - Im not sure anyone knows.
« Last Edit: 09 May 2017, 10:56:21 am by fazersharp »

mtread

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 02-03
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: 09 May 2017, 02:34:45 pm »
If the Brexshiteers vote in a Conservative majority, that still doesn't mean they aren't stupid. .... The only test will be to look back in say 5 or 10 years' time, and see whether we are all better or worse off (and not just financially). It's a gamble.

slappy

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - MT09
    • View Profile
« Reply #60 on: 09 May 2017, 06:48:19 pm »
Every time there is any kind of election it is a gamble, politicians from all sides have proved in the past that once elected they could not give a foc about the voters and that will never change.

VNA - BMW Wank

• BMW Wank
  • GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - BMW R1250R Honda C90
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: 09 May 2017, 07:39:06 pm »
If you want to pick out 3 words from a whole post and quote them out of context then that's up to you but when read all together anyone can see what I was pointing out, let me remind you

I didn't quote them out of context.  But hey, instead of just saying - whoops sorry what I really mean't to say was.... - if you wanna blame me for what you said, well fire away  :rollin

You know others are hoping that the whole EU will fall apart now.  I think a good few on this forum have expressed pleasure at the very thought of this.

But what that would actually mean is 28 countries.  28 bureaucracies, 28 passport borders and customs, 28 sets of rules and regulations, 28 sets of safety standards, 28 sets of employment relations, 28 sets of tariffs or perhaps trade deals.  28 countries bitching and fighting with each other.  And lest not forget the history of Europe.

So basically, small to medium, if not large companies as well, in the UK would have to choose which of those 28 former members of the EU that they wished to trade with.  Cos frankly the costs of trying to trade with them all would sink or destory many sizeable companies.  All the european economies would shrink.

Meanwhile guaranteed rights to holiday pay, maternity and paternal leave, equal treatment for part time and agency workers, along with EU consumer protection, travel protections, the working time directive and many other benefits written into EU law will be torn up by the Tories.

You want me to tell you what I think, well if it isn’t bloody stupid, it’s at least fucking selfish.  Basically we need the EU but we are refusing to pay ball.

And of course my country Scotland voted to stay in.  Yet people in English bought into a xenophobic campaign built on false news and alternative facts that dismissed all expert opinion.  Further it looks like the stupid people in England whom have voted to leave the EU, ie they have voted to become poorer, have now going to vote for a total shafting at the hands of - make it up as I go along - Theresa May.

Yup I’m somewhat pissed off with the whole stupid thing. 

Stupid.  Yes, you better believe it.

slappy

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - MT09
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: 09 May 2017, 09:17:43 pm »
I voted for Brexit, I am not stupid, xenophobic , selfish or any  other insult you want to throw and neither are most of the other people I know who voted Brexit.
The remainers are just pissed off because we did not vote how the so called experts and liberal elite told us how we should vote.

VNA - BMW Wank

• BMW Wank
  • GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - BMW R1250R Honda C90
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: 09 May 2017, 10:13:17 pm »
The electorate will get what the electorate deserves.

Grahamm

• Global Moderator
  • GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZ6 04-06
    • View Profile
    • Affordable Leather Products
« Reply #64 on: 10 May 2017, 12:25:56 am »
Pay bedroom tax, wtf!! she does not even pay the repairs for her gaff, what is it £390 million for Buck house.

“The Crown Estate has already paid for the renovation [of Buckingham Palace] many times over by way of their contributions to Government revenue. In fact, they’ve already paid for it six times over in the last ten years alone having paid £2.4 billion to the Treasury over that period”

Huffington Post, 21 November 2016

https://fullfact.org/economy/paying-buckingham-palace-cost-refurbishment/

Grahamm

• Global Moderator
  • GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZ6 04-06
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: 10 May 2017, 12:35:25 am »
Here is the news: In the recent Local Elections UKIP lost almost all its seats, but gained overall control of the Conservative Party.

If you want to get rid of the Tories or at least stop them triggering a Nuclear Brexit because they're going to flounce away from the negotiations and claim that it's because of those nasty Europeans ganging up on them, the best way is to vote tactically for whoever has the best chance of beating the local Tory candidate:

https://www.tactical2017.com/

Grahamm

• Global Moderator
  • GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZ6 04-06
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: 10 May 2017, 12:36:20 am »
Oh and for those saying that nobody wants Corbyn and that he's an "extremist" and people don't like his policies, watch this:

fazersharp

• GP Hero
  • 10 stone Racing Snake
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 98-99
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: 10 May 2017, 08:33:34 am »

I didn't quote them out of context.  But hey, instead of just saying - whoops sorry what I really mean't to say was.... - if you wanna blame me for what you said, well fire away  :rollin

Meanwhile guaranteed rights to holiday pay, maternity and paternal leave, equal treatment for part time and agency workers, along with EU consumer protection, travel protections, the working time directive and many other benefits written into EU law will be torn up by the Tories.

And of course my country Scotland voted to stay in.  Yet people in English bought into a xenophobic campaign

You keep saying
But hey, instead of just saying - whoops sorry what I really mean't to say was.
And
How can I know what you meant when you said something entirely different from what you actually now tell us you meant?  :crazy

But I dont understand to what you are referring to Are you taking it literally when I say 
"I got" (of course I didnt "get" all by myself - just as I havent got out of the EU ) because everyone know that we are still in for the moment.

We will just keep the EU laws that are good and make our own for others and if as you say the tories will tear up policies the if the public dont like it they will get booted out ----- and thats the point WE CAN boot them out - unlike the Eurocrats who are making our laws for us.

A scot calling the English  xenophobic  :rollin

VNA - BMW Wank

• BMW Wank
  • GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - BMW R1250R Honda C90
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: 10 May 2017, 08:12:04 pm »
and thats the point WE CAN boot them out - unlike the Eurocrats who are making our laws for us.

The officals in the EU are elected by the members of the EU parliament, that is the members that we elect.

But like I say, the elcetorate will get what the electorate deserve.

I just hope, as the UK hets the self destruct button again, that we in Scotland wise up and break up the UK.
« Last Edit: 10 May 2017, 08:13:34 pm by VNA »

lew600fazer

• GP Hero
  • There is only one form of racing, road racing.
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - 2017 MT-09 Tracer ABS
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: 11 May 2017, 08:19:35 am »

Pay bedroom tax, wtf!! she does not even pay the repairs for her gaff, what is it £390 million for Buck house.

“The Crown Estate has already paid for the renovation [of Buckingham Palace] many times over by way of their contributions to Government revenue. In fact, they’ve already paid for it six times over in the last ten years alone having paid £2.4 billion to the Treasury over that period”

Huffington Post, 21 November 2016

https://fullfact.org/economy/paying-buckingham-palace-cost-refurbishment/
  So the statement by the government about funding for repairs to Buck house is just bullshit then is it. Crown estates contributions to Government revenue? do you mean like income tax? so they pay that the same as anyone else then? I pay income tax but I still have to pay for a new roof when I will need one. No one is giving me a free lunch in actual fact had £200 winter fuel allowance taken of me because I no longer live in the UK, never mind that I paid into the system all my working life and never once have I ever received any form of Social welfare benefit. I  live in France and from mid October until Mid March there was hardly a day the temperature went above zero!!! Not often do I agree with VNA but sadly Joe public in the UK is going to get well and truly shafted on June the 8th. PM May was a remainer but now she like fecking Boudica and jumped on the Brexit brigade leading the charge into economic ruin.
I have said it before but Tony Blair was the best PM the labour party and the UK have had in decades. People keep drumming on about the Iraq war. I remember Blair right up to the 11th hour tried to talk Baby bush out of going in to Iraq and Bush told him you are either in with us or not. If not we will go in on our own. I have no doubt in my mind he was also told by Bush if you back out you can kiss the one sided special relationship good bye. Again people blame him for the recession, it was the greedy banks caused the recession which was a WORLD recession not just the UK. At least if the Labour party that Blair dragged into the real world was still around today you would not be seeing the landslide victory we are about to, basically the working man and the poor in our society are about to get well and truly fuckedover.
MT-09 Tracer for those who no longer can handle a BIG boy Fazer

mtread

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 02-03
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: 11 May 2017, 11:45:21 am »
Ask yourself, would the Tories had done the same as Blair in the Iraq war? You bet they would!

VNA - BMW Wank

• BMW Wank
  • GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - BMW R1250R Honda C90
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: 11 May 2017, 06:29:19 pm »
I have said it before but Tony Blair was the best PM the labour party and the UK have had in decades.
Bollocks Tony Bliar should be locked up and the key thrown away.

Look there were two or three years where New Labour delivered from 1997-2000.  Minimum wage, windfall tax on utilities, signing up to the EU social chapter, the Scottish Parliament referendum, human rights act, climate change targets, outlawing fox hunting, record investment in the NHS etc..

But then it all turned to shit.  Self-regulation of industry including fatally banking.  Unlimited cheap credit and belief that asset values could only go up, PPP (public private partnership) and the reintroduction of the Thatcherite privatisation agenda.  Gordon Brown’s miracle economy as it was known – no more boom and bust we were told.  But there are no miracles.  The real qualified economic experts were side-lined whist Brown took advice from people like Fred Goodwin and Tom McKillop whom has resided over the biggest bank growth in modern history (RBS).  From 2004 onwards it was clear the UK economy was heading towards a big crash, but what few people knew about was the debt packaging and debt trading between banks, and with light touch regulation the fact that many financial instructions and multi-national companies were banking future profits.(it’s was like fantasy banking).  New Labour did not regulate the financial industry.   Meanwhile ordinary folks were buying brand new cars and popping off on expensive holidays based on the soaring value of their homes.  Many are still stuck paying off massive mortgages on properties now worth considerably less then their loans.  The MP's bought and sold on the mortgages we'd paid but they pocketed the profit.

That’s one of the big problems Labour has today.  The Labour party – New Labour resided over one of the most insular, greedy and corrupt governments in modern times.  Then you add in the – you couldn’t make it up but they did – Iraq war.

As I said back then – The Labour Party are now the enemy.

However, there is now an opportunity to claim the peoples party back.  But there are still delusional Labour MP’s, just as there are delusional punters like Lew. 

Though you have at least managed to get one thing right Lew.  Yes Blair was Bush’s poodle.  Never, ever again should the UK be anybody’s poodle.  Never again should the UK be involved in regime change.  Never again should the UK enter conflict on the back of bare faced lies.  Further it’s about time we started shutting down our bloody arms trading and cancelled the Trident renewal.  Tony Blair destroyed the UK’s reputation right round the world.

In the meantime, people need to grasp the opportunity that is the Labour party under Jeremy Corbyn.  But sadly, I can’t see it happening, certainly not whilst numerous Labour MP’s are on the phone to the Daily Mail bitching about their leader.
« Last Edit: 11 May 2017, 07:35:43 pm by VNA »

Hedgetrimmer

• GP Hero
  • FOC-U official topiary expert
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: 11 May 2017, 11:12:35 pm »
Hmmmm. I could have stayed in and read all this and contemplated politics for the day.
But foc it, it's all totally irrelevant anyway, so I went out in the warm spring sunshine for a ride in the Lake District instead:

OMG!  :eek :hijack :2guns

:lol

maddog04

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - Pan ST1300
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: 11 May 2017, 11:15:33 pm »
JC has a lot of followers but the media don't really give him the airtime like they do the Tories, especially the BBC which are a disgrace. Why won't TM face JC in a TV debate?.....coz he'd rip her up for arse paper. Make no mistake, they're running scared of JC. He attracts thousands when he speaks, look at TM....she has handpicked, closed door meets full of Tory supporters where any journos present are told what to ask/say and if they don't pre brief them to their question then they're not allowed to ask it.......its like a cross between N. Korea and old school KGB

If you want zero hour contracts as the norm and no health care for your children then vote Tory. If you rely on the NHS and you want free health care for your grandchildren then you must vote Labour (the Tories are working on dismantling it as we speak)
Once we leave the EU, the Tories will drive a coach and horses through workers rights plus they've pushed the National debt through the roof. She also wants a return to fox hunting

vote Labour or carry on with the Austerity where the average Joe gets poorer and the rich get richer
fire never sleeps

VNA - BMW Wank

• BMW Wank
  • GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - BMW R1250R Honda C90
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: 12 May 2017, 05:41:45 pm »
I suspect the turkeys having voted for Christmas last year will go and do it again this year.

Sadly.