Date: 19-04-24  Time: 09:31 am

Author Topic: General Election 8th June  (Read 26349 times)

VNA - BMW Wank

• BMW Wank
  • GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - BMW R1250R Honda C90
    • View Profile
Re: General Election 8th June
« Reply #225 on: 12 June 2017, 05:37:14 pm »
So what happens if May cannot get her queens speech through Parliament? I may be wrong but she will have to call another election.

Indeed Lew.  It’s all a bit of a mess.  Strong and stable leadership has turned a bit wobbly, desperate and anything but stable.

Clearly it’s why Theresa is desperate to do a deal with the DUP.  And I’m guessing the DUP are pushing their demands hard, hence the delay.

But this is where Westminster is stuck in its majority mindset.  Minority administration or coalition is the norm in many a western nation, indeed it’s generally how we do our business in Scotland, but then nobody wants to work with the Tory party, and very much more so since it’s taken a big swing to the right.

Nor is it easy to sit down and negotiate, in the case of the Tories, when you have just spent the last few weeks personally insulting your opponents.

Meanwhile the pound has slipped, business confidence is nosediving, and, umm, yes Fazersharp the leaders of some 27 European nations are having a wee giggle to themselves.

So, so far it looks like BREXIT has claimed the scalps of two Prime Ministers and left a Tory party with a working majority now clinging to power with of all people the DUP!  As Micheal Heseltine put it “Brexit is the cancer gnawing at the heart of the conservative party.”

mtread

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 02-03
    • - Triumph Speed Trip & Tiger 800
    • View Profile
« Reply #226 on: 12 June 2017, 05:42:56 pm »
From the BBC website :
[/size]A defeat for its Queen's Speech would be tantamount to a vote of no confidence in the new minority government, he said. One of the reasons for the delay is also believed to be because the speech has to be written on goat's skin parchment, which takes a few days to dry - and the Tory negotiations with the DUP mean it cannot be ready in time.
[/size]Bleatin' hell!

lew600fazer

• GP Hero
  • There is only one form of racing, road racing.
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - 2017 MT-09 Tracer ABS
    • View Profile
« Reply #227 on: 12 June 2017, 06:12:55 pm »
MT-09 Tracer for those who no longer can handle a BIG boy Fazer

VNA - BMW Wank

• BMW Wank
  • GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - BMW R1250R Honda C90
    • View Profile
« Reply #228 on: 12 June 2017, 06:58:43 pm »
What aboot Iris Robinson's teenage affair?  That was interesting.

Then the whole green energy scheme thing.  Apparently businesses have empty uninsulated sheds heated by biomass burning stoves and boilers on any spare bit of ground they have.  You more you burn the more cash you make!  What the foc!

They are not just nasty, hypocritical and corrupt, but uttery incompetant too.

Which makes you wonder, why on earth does anybdy vote for these fools - over to you Lew - cos I really dunno.

Dudeofrude

• GP Hero
  • Rude, Crude and Tattooed
    • Main bike:
      FZ1 Naked Gen2
    • View Profile
« Reply #229 on: 12 June 2017, 10:37:10 pm »
😂😂😂

fazersharp

• GP Hero
  • 10 stone Racing Snake
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 98-99
    • View Profile
« Reply #230 on: 12 June 2017, 11:32:01 pm »
VNA you seem quite beside yourself with glee that May has fOC-ed everything up and everything is going tits up.
It is clear that the general public have corrected Mays path and I am happy to go along with that correction.  It feels very much like the last one when UKIP did very well,  not that many people actually wanted Nige as PM but a vote to UKIP told the government the direction the (majority ) of public wanted to go and sure enough now that May took that message and ran with it the UKIP vote has collapsed.
It feels very much like the same thing, by voting for corbin people are telling May she has stepped too far with brexit and austerity and as soon as she corrects her path the corbin vote will collapse just like UKIPs as people dont actually want corbin as PM --- even you---- do you. ?

Me? -- I am happy to along with the majority public vote as that is democracy, and if that vote gos contrary to what I am thinking you certainly wont find me banging on about it like a possessed fanatic on here. Corbin - May - the will of the public - I trust them ( the public, not the politicians ).   

What scares me the most is who are these unheard of - unvoted policy advisers whispering in Mays ear, spinning, planning, scheming out of the public gaze     
« Last Edit: 13 June 2017, 09:29:26 am by fazersharp »
I don't do rain or threat there of. dry rider only with no shame.

lew600fazer

• GP Hero
  • There is only one form of racing, road racing.
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - 2017 MT-09 Tracer ABS
    • View Profile
« Reply #231 on: 13 June 2017, 01:17:30 am »

What aboot Iris Robinson's teenage affair?  That was interesting.

Then the whole green energy scheme thing.  Apparently businesses have empty uninsulated sheds heated by biomass burning stoves and boilers on any spare bit of ground they have.  You more you burn the more cash you make!  What the foc!

They are not just nasty, hypocritical and corrupt, but uttery incompetant too.

Which makes you wonder, why on earth does anybdy vote for these fools - over to you Lew - cos I really dunno.

VNA sorry but you cannot completely lay the blame for the Bio mass cock upon the DUP.  That has to be laid fairly at the feet of Arlene Foster as she was the minister in charge of the Department of Energy? the scheme at the time. this fuck up has cost the good folk of N Ireland £500 million and the bill is still going up day on day.
https://www.nidirect.gov.uk/articles/renewable-heat-incentive-domestic-customers
MT-09 Tracer for those who no longer can handle a BIG boy Fazer

VNA - BMW Wank

• BMW Wank
  • GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - BMW R1250R Honda C90
    • View Profile
« Reply #232 on: 13 June 2017, 07:33:21 pm »

VNA sorry but you cannot completely lay the blame for the Bio mass cock upon the DUP.  That has to be laid fairly at the feet of Arlene Foster as she was the minister in charge of the Department of Energy? the scheme at the time. this fuck up has cost the good folk of N Ireland £500 million and the bill is still going up day on day.

Look I’m not expert on politics in Northern Ireland but Arlene Foster is now the leader of the DUP.  She refuses to take responsibility for a 500 million pound scandal that the ordinary people of NI have to pay for.  Ms Foster won’t accept responsibility and stand down, and Sein Fein, understandably, don’t want to share power with the DUP with Arlene Foster as first minister.

It looks to me increasingly likely that the British government will have to get involved in some shape or form if Sein Fein and the DUP can’t sort out their differences.

But if weak and wobbly May signs up to a deal with the DUP, then how the heck is she gonna get Stormont up and running again?

This Genera Election might have produced a fantastic result for the UK, but one hopes it’s not one that will cause serious problems for Northern Ireland.

Fazersharp, Ms May in the words of George – I’ve got six outrageously well paid jobs but I don’t wanna pay any bleeding tax (paying tax is for the peasants after all) – Osborne is a dead woman walking. 

Jeremy Corbyn will be the next elected Prime Minister of the UK. :)